Ex Scientologist

Enthetan

Veteran of the Psychic Wars
Do you really think osa still checks this site? Anyone got recent knowledge of this?
They do. They are interested in some people more than others. People they are very interested in include those who appear to have current connections with active Scientologists, as they are a threat.

People who left years ago and have no connections inside are low interest.

Dotey OT

Re-Membered
We know their dirty little secrets, of course they're monitoring us. I bet there are more of us than active Scientologists.
I met up with an old friend I hadn't seen for years that used to be active, and often they are out and never going back BUT they have not searched yet the interwebs. One became disillusioned because of the push for money, but won't take calls or ever go back. One guy had a wife that went super public back in the early 2000 time frame, they were both out, and both through ot7, but both declared. He hasn't searched the interwebs. Lots of different circumstances.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 51

We know their dirty little secrets, of course they're monitoring us. I bet there are more of us than active Scientologists.
Yeh, I think there’s about a 500 to 1 ratio of exscientologists to Scientologists. Even L Ron Hubbard admitted most people leave. They’ve been leaving in droves since the first time someone had to grind through repeating the same prenatal engram for hours. They’ve been leaving in droves since they paid thousands of dollars to look up tiny words for months and months on Key to Life. They’ve been leaving in droves since Hubbard claimed a science of the mind and discovered a wall of fire only to tell people we’re all possessed with thousands of cooties. They’ve been leaving in droves since L Ron Hubbard “causatively dropped his body” and the coroner’s report was substantially different. They’ve been leaving in droves since the “Church” became a real estate investment firm for David Miscavige and they’re still leaving in droves.

Welcome to the winning team. :welcome:

Riddick

I clap to no man
Yeh, I think there’s about a 500 to 1 ratio of exscientologists to Scientologists. Even L Ron Hubbard admitted most people leave. They’ve been leaving in droves since the first time someone had to grind through repeating the same prenatal engram for hours. They’ve been leaving in droves since they paid thousands of dollars to look up tiny words for months and months on Key to Life. They’ve been leaving in droves since Hubbard claimed a science of the mind and discovered a wall of fire only to tell people we’re all possessed with thousands of cooties. They’ve been leaving in droves since L Ron Hubbard “causatively dropped his body” and the coroner’s report was substantially different. They’ve been leaving in droves since the “Church” became a real estate investment firm for David Miscavige and they’re still leaving in droves.

Welcome to the winning team. :welcome:
I love your rhetoric, you use logos, or logic, which should be used ultimately (later on called Critical Thinking).

Home - Ethos, Pathos, and Logos, the Modes of Persuasion ‒ Explanation and Examples (pathosethoslogos.com)

Hubbard tried to create logos with his Success Stories, see other people have success;s and stats are going up. But Hubbard;s rhetoric ultimately was a lie.

Whereas, your speech, is the truth.

D

Deleted member 51

I love your rhetoric, you use logos, or logic, which should be used ultimately (later on called Critical Thinking).

Home - Ethos, Pathos, and Logos, the Modes of Persuasion ‒ Explanation and Examples (pathosethoslogos.com)

Hubbard tried to create logos with his Success Stories, see other people have success;s and stats are going up. But Hubbard;s rhetoric ultimately was a lie.

Whereas, your speech, is the truth.
Thank you, but I believe you’ve put an inappropriate spin and attached superfluous significance to this.

Speech is getting your thoughts across using language. That’s not the same thing as rhetoric, or all spoken and written words would be rhetoric and that’s such a huge generalization that it is ridiculous.

On a forum, one’s only medium of communication to exchange thoughts and ideas is the written word.

Riddick

I clap to no man
Thank you, but I believe you’ve put an inappropriate spin and attached superfluous significance to this.

Speech is getting your thoughts across using language. That’s not the same thing as rhetoric, or all spoken and written words would be rhetoric and that’s such a huge generalization that it is ridiculous.

On a forum, one’s only medium of communication to exchange thoughts and ideas is the written word.
what you wrote is the truth, or logos, logically speaking.

Well done.

Veda

Well, it started with a slick body router and didn't end till about a decade later when I woke up and realized I'd spent a lot of money at Scientology but had no OT abilities.
"No OT abilities" has become a problem for Scientology, especially after seventy years. Scientology's way of "handling" this problem makes a list of excuses, beginning with:

"What? Did you say you don't have OT abilities?" Well, I do and other Scientologists do. There's something wrong with you."

"Scientology works! You need to re-do your Bridge. You falsely attested to everything."

How many of the OT 8 suicides have received that "handling" is anyone's guess.

Then there's the changing of the meaning of OT, from the definition Hubbard gave it at the entrance of Scientology. Which eventually became a revised meaning. This is a watered down meaning, just as the meaning for Clear was watered down.

Registrars do this. "Oh, you thought OT meant that?" Then the substitute meaning for OT is given.

And that could be almost anything including having the OT ability of purchasing a higher donor status.

With outside of Scientology Inc. (Independent ) Scientology, there was recently a discussion of the "handling," of the problem of no OT abilities, by the wife of the fellow who runs the Dror Center in Israel. The "handling" was to characterize OTs who might demonstrate their abilities (of which there appear to be none) as "clowns."

Another "handling" is to say that a certain number of people must become OT 8 (free Of Body Thetan case) and, then, all "New" OT 8s will, suddenly, become OTs with OT abilities. This is, essentially, the hundredth monkey idea, only, in this case, its requires some undetermined number of thousands, or even millions. This is complicated by no one actually having truly completed NOTs, since, per Hubbard's account, the universe, and particularly Earth, is crawling with BTs, clusters, fleas, targs, and other similar icky stuff.

Underlying all of this is the reason for doing Scientology, which is to have done Scientology. And, in the present tense, to be doing Scientology.

Exemplifying this is this book's title:

Perhaps the reason most contemporary Scientologists are happy never attaining Hubbard's very tangible definition of OT is that they know that Scientology "Bridge" is about significance.

While the Organization focuses on making money, collecting blackmail, and asserting and maintaining dominion over thoughts and loyalties, the mass of Scientologists are content to dwell in a bubble of Scientological significance: literally, it gives their lives meaning.

Not unlike this fellow who became a Space Ranger while watching Captain Video on his TV in Brooklyn in the 1950s. He worked in the sewer during the day but, to some extent, he was Space Ranger there too. And it made life tolerable.

This is not to say that everything upon which Scientology has stamped its name is automatically nonsense. That's what Scientology would like us to say, so it can produce one thing that isn't nonsense.

We're more sophisticated than that. :cool:

But the parts of Scientology that are not nonsense are not sufficient to motivate someone to hand over his mind to be washed, rinsed, and washed again.

The trade off was that one would submit temporarily in exchange for OT.

In his 1972 book, Naked Scientology, beat author William Burroughs attempted to explain why he endured Scientology's control and invasions of privacy for as long as he did:

"Like an anthropologist who has, after unspeakable indignities, penetrated a savage tribe, I was determined to hang on to get the big medicine."

Turns out the big medicine wasn't there. Scientology had no actual, tangible, state of OT to sell.

But it has plenty of significance and, apparently, that was enough to make some people happy.

*​

As for Freewheeling in the OT 3 sense, there's no indication that Hubbard "free wheeled."

During early 1967, in Las Palmas, he moped in bed for three weeks, surrounded by bottles of drugs.

Virginia Downsborough fed him soup, and he talked about how he was never married to Sara, (erased) wife number two.

Old timer, Alan Water, had to do "repair auditing" on what Virginia had experienced. She was crushed by what she had witnessed.

Russell Miller's Barefaced Messiah, features, in chapter 16, the account.

The excuse for Hubbard's early 1967 emotional breakdown (after the humiliation of Rhodesia) was that he "took the plunge" into "The wall of Fire."

The excuses never stop.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

"No OT abilities" has become a problem for Scientology, especially after seventy years.... (--snipped--)

With outside of Scientology Inc. (Independent ) Scientology, there was recently a discussion of the "handling," of the problem of no OT abilities, by the wife of the fellow who runs the Dror Center in Israel. The "handling" was to characterize OTs who might demonstrate their abilities (of which there appear to be none) as "clowns."
I am praying that you have links to that discussion. LOL.

ILove2Lurk

AI Chatbot
Not unlike this fellow who became a Space Ranger while watching Captain Video on his TV in Brooklyn in the 1950s. He worked in the sewer during the day but, to some extent, he was Space Ranger there too. And it made life tolerable.
I just love this! I remember watching the episode over the years. Looking back on it,
I'll admit to living in a space opera fantasy world that apparently made life more tolerable
for me. That's all can say. Then, I grew out of it. Took a while. :innocent:

freethinker

Controversial
In my opinion, when Hubbard mentioned "free-wheeling" (OTIII stuff) he was really talking about himself and then assuming that would be true for everyone.
if it wasn't true for Ron it wasn't true for you. After all, he rose above the bank.

freethinker

Controversial
Well, it started with a slick body router and didn't end till about a decade later when I woke up and realized I'd spent a lot of money at scientology but had no OT abilities. I even tried sea org for a while, but Miscavige is even a bigger idiot than Hubbard. I'm surprised this cult has managed to survive all these years.
It runs on fear that you won't get the biscuit. Once you've invested a certain amount it becomes like a gambling addiction. The next bet will be the one that gets it all back and more. Most of the time it is your bank account getting blown out, not you.

Karakorum

Ron is the source that will lead you to grief
I woke up and realized I'd spent a lot of money at scientology but had no OT abilities.
You need to wait till you get OT XV... oh wait that's right they never released it. Maybe that's why nobody has any powers?

onceuponatime

It runs on fear that you won't get the biscuit. Once you've invested a certain amount it becomes like a gambling addiction. The next bet will be the one that gets it all back and more. Most of the time it is your bank account getting blown out, not you.
Yup. This is why I'm much more hopeful about second gen people getting out. They haven't invested as much and normally were just going with the flow. Much easier for them to wake up. It's the sunk cost fallacy.

HelluvaHoax!

I do have OT powers as far as the church of scientology is concerned.

I disappeared.

Yes, lol.

Plus the fact that it's been scientifically proven that SPs are far more powerful than OTs. . .

Because when they encounter each other, only one of them psychologically/spiritually caves in, becomes physically ill and goes total effect.