DO YOU FEAR DEATH?``

Riddick

I clap to no man
Take off the Scientology lens.

Shouldn't an an enlightened being face the end of his bodily existence with the joy of knowing that others will live on?

Is that so hard to understand?
I'm going to repeat what I said:

"Fear of death was one of Hubbard's rhetoric. Just do scientology, for afterall you have lived a past life and can return from death with full memory of your deaths eons past. And by the way, you were once a thethan, a most powerful being, a free being that was duped somehow. LOL

So, as Hubbard might say, don't fear death, you will come back with full memory if you only get auditing and move up the bridge to total freedom. And yet, nobody has returned from death from using scientology. That's the rhetoric. "

Veda, you sound like a Buddhist. Hubbard said that was the closest religion to scientology. I don't buy it anymore. I do understand the role of religion you might say, but I don't fall for it. I think religion is useful in giving people hope. Ever remember the "The Hope of Mankind" rhetoric speech by Hubbard? That was used to get people to join scientology. You can read it here on the scientology website.

It's all rhetoric.

Last edited:

Veda

I'm going to repeat what I said:

"Fear of death was one of Hubbard's rhetoric. Just do scientology, for afterall you have lived a past life and can return from death with full memory of your deaths eons past. And by the way, you were once a thethan, a most powerful being, a free being that was duped somehow. LOL

So, as Hubbard might say, don't fear death, you will come back with full memory if you only get auditing and move up the bridge to total freedom. And yet, nobody has returned from death from using scientology. That's the rhetoric. "

Veda, you sound like a Buddhist. Hubbard said that was the closest religion to scientology. I don't buy it anymore. I do understand the role of religion you might say, but I don't fall for it. I think religion is useful in giving people hope. Ever remember the "The Hope of Mankind" rhetoric speech by Hubbard? That was used to get people to join scientology. You can read it here on the scientology website.

It's all rhetoric.

Fear of death is common to most human beings.

Nowhere in this thread do I mention Scientology.

La La Lou Lou

Frazetta designed the uniforms for my cult.

They are provided free of charge.
That's nice, I always fancied wearing dirty old sackcloth robes with big holes in, or faded silks with rips and ragged bits of lace and lots of mad hair, much nicer than navy blue jackets covered in dandruff. I might just spend half an hour practicing a believable cackle...

Dark

That's nice, I always fancied wearing dirty old sackcloth robes with big holes in, or faded silks with rips and ragged bits of lace and lots of mad hair, much nicer than navy blue jackets covered in dandruff. I might just spend half an hour practicing a believable cackle...

Hardly an old sack

Frazetta.jpeg

Riddick

I clap to no man
Fear of death is common to most human beings.

Nowhere in this thread do I mention Scientology.
yah I know you didn't mention scientology but this is exscientology, so I speak.

Riddick

I clap to no man

Enthetan

Veteran of the Psychic Wars
I have the same opinion as ITYIWT.
Either I survive the death of the body and am pleasantly surprised. Or I don't survive and I'll never know.

The way to die is scarier than death itself. I wouldn't want to suffer and spend a long time in a hospital, for example.
Assuming that something survives the body, I am not afraid of what will happen next, I do not believe in a reward or punishment for my actions during this earthly life. I am more likely to believe that our physical life serves to learn something or to accumulate experiences.

My only regrets would be not seeing my loved ones and not knowing the rest of the history of this world.
I'm getting older, so the end is not that far off. Or maybe I'll surprise myself and be around another 20-30 years.

Regardless, my kids are grown, I've stuck around long enough to see grandkids, I've gotten my money's worth.

D

Deleted member 51

“We may expect three in ten to live out their natural life
Three in ten to die an untimely death
And three in ten to live precariously at risk of death
Why is this? Because they value their life too highly

I have heard it said that those who manage the life they are given well
Can travel without threat from rhinoceros or tiger
And can fight in an army without armor or weapon
The rhinoceros finds no place to thrust its horn
The tiger finds no place to gouge its claws
The weapon no place for its point to pierce
Why is this? Because death has no place for them.”

Chapter 50
Life and Death
Tao Te Ching
Lao Tzu

(Added) Explanation:

…” The tenth is the one who really knows how to relate to life, without desperation. What you cherish, but don't struggle too hard to keep, will not escape you. Life is like a cat. It enjoys your company if you don't try to enslave it and don't get too attached to it.

People who have this relaxed relation to life don't provoke death. Nor do they seek it. They walk through life with the spirit of a visitor, who enjoys the experience but doesn't for a moment expect it to last forever. They just live, as long as that is the case, and then they die when the time has come. They appreciate the former and accept the latter.

Without accepting death, they couldn't appreciate life. Without appreciating life, they could not accept death.”

Last edited by a moderator:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation.
“We may expect three in ten to live out their natural life
Three in ten to die an untimely death
And three in ten to live precariously at risk of death
Why is this? Because they value their life too highly

I have heard it said that those who manage the life they are given well
Can travel without threat from rhinoceros or tiger
And can fight in an army without armor or weapon
The rhinoceros finds no place to thrust its horn
The tiger finds no place to gouge its claws
The weapon no place for its point to pierce
Why is this? Because death has no place for them.”

Chapter 50
Life and Death
Tao Te Ching
Lao Tzu

Yeah, but but but ... what happens to the 1 in 10 not mentioned eh?

Does COVID get him or does he live to be 100?

I think it's only fair that we know (or it should've said 3 in 9).

Just saying.

:unsure:

Edit: Ah OK ... I see you added extra info about the tenth ... thank goodness for that ... I was getting very worried about him.

:D

Last edited: