Answering an unanswered question about my OSA Operatives thread on ESMB v1.0.

freethinker

Controversial
While OSA types might well do that, quite a large number of posters on Rinder's and Tony's blog make hyperbolic statements and I'm pretty sure they're not agents. It is understandable that people are upset about the bad things done.

Sorry to agree with Alanzo, but it goes over the top way too much and makes those against scientology abuses look like fanatics.
It can be infectious. You can catch the disease and not even know it as a carrier with outward, but not inward symptoms, or any way you want to look at it. Alanzo caught the disease as well and attempted to pass it on.

freethinker

Controversial
Yes. That would be the proper terminology. In the green room before the show on MSNBC and CNN they discuss, "What about the sociopath shall we discuss today?" At FOX they discuss, "What aspect of deranged Democrats shall we discuss?" If you don't get too negative about it and just look at the absurdity it can be rather comical.

I played sports in high school and didn't have time to join the debate team so now I'm getting an overview of the terminology and rules of debate. :)
It's called divide and conquer. :yes:

The_Fixer

It can be used to stop discussion but not necessarily.
Hitler is a good place cognitive dissonance could be Illustrated .

If Hitler did it is it bad? Some things even most things were but not all things. I think of Scn in this fashion. There are key words today which are used to end discussion

Misogyny , racist, conspiracy, climate denier. If these are used you are probably not going to have a rational conversation on or off line. I guess he is saying Hitler is used in this fashion. I would have to agree if you are talking about Trump and Hitler in same sentence.
Hitler is really quite a different thing. He created a cult, but in a very different way.

Hitler provided a national response and to many in Germany solutions to a very real crisis they were facing. Their country was collapsing in an catastrophic way. He was alone in offering any real tangible hope to the masses then. Not too many saw the monster he was about to become. Even King Edward VIII was sold on him. He never realised the monster that was about to be. Real issues, real time, real solutions, not just koolaid.

For some time he did a serious lot of good to his country. Most of all, he gave them hope for a better future which was just within their grasp. Life got better and became good for so many, no wonder they fell under his spell. If there were some thing people didn't quite agree with, well that was okay too. He was getting things done. Germany began to prosper, much more so than those other countries who only just survived the Great Depression.

Hitler offered real hope and solutions to real problems of the time. I remember a Polish descended work colleague who told me all the Poles used to come to their home as a child for parties and he heard so many of them say "Hitler wasn't so bad, at least he was getting rid of the Jews". Indicates that Jews weren't just a Nazi issue, not many Europeans liked them either. An inconvenient truth.

Hubbard and many other cults offer imaginary solutions to mainly imaginary problems. That's where they differ. If cult leaders rose to Hitler's position, they would be little different. Imagine the Gulags for SP's if Hubbard had his way, for example.

I have also noted that a number of ex scn's also run off to another cult of sorts, or create their own new one and I'm not going into that or talking names here at this time. To me, that indicates that they have ongoing issues that run a bit (or a lot) deeper than scientology. Unless they find an epiphany, they also become lost causes.

Scientology was just a diversion in their path to self destruction.

Last edited:

BTW

Hitler is really quite a different thing. He created a cult, but in a very different way.

Hitler provided a national response and to many in Germany solutions to a very real crisis they were facing. Their country was collapsing in an catastrophic way. He was alone in offering any real tangible hope to the masses then. Not too many saw the monster he was about to become. Even King Edward VIII was sold on him. He never realised the monster that was about to be. Real issues, real time, real solutions, not just koolaid.

For some time he did a serious lot of good to his country. Most of all, he gave them hope for a better future which was just within their grasp. Life got better and became good for so many, no wonder they fell under his spell. If there were some thing people didn't quite agree with, well that was okay too. He was getting things done. Germany began to prosper, much more so than those other countries who only just survived the Great Depression.

Hitler offered real hope and solutions to real problems of the time. I remember a Polish descended work colleague who told me all the Poles used to come to their home as a child for parties and he heard so many of them say "Hitler wasn't so bad, at least he was getting rid of the Jews". Indicates that Jews weren't just a Nazi issue, not many Europeans liked them either. An inconvenient truth.

Hubbard and many other cults offer imaginary solutions to mainly imaginary problems. That's where they differ. If cult leaders rose to Hitler's position, they would be little different. Imagine the Gulags for SP's if Hubbard had his way, for example.

I have also noted that a number of ex scn's also run off to another cult of sorts, or create their own new one and I'm not going into that or talking names here at this time. To me, that indicates that they have ongoing issues that run a bit (or a lot) deeper than scientology. Unless they find an epiphany, they also become lost causes.

Scientology was just a diversion in their path to self destruction.
Are you serious?

Hitler made people believe that they are "exceptional" as a nation (reminds me Obama saying pretty much the same about 'Merkuns)

You make it look like Hitler did much good for the people, and Jews were "simply a change".

The_Fixer

Are you serious?

Hitler made people believe that they are "exceptional" as a nation (reminds me Obama saying pretty much the same about 'Merkuns)

You make it look like Hitler did much good for the people, and Jews were "simply a change".
I was simply talking about Hitler before he started the Final Solution and how certain individuals rise to power, just by offering hope.

I stand by what I said. Germany in that time was pretty much a third world country or becoming one. Some saw through his master plan straight up, others were mesmerised by him and fell into line behind him. I don't really know if he intended to exterminate people from the outset, or if it developed the idea along the way. Nevertheless, he did do a lot of good for Germany at the time and got the country back on its feet.

The country had never really recovered from WW I and the effects of losing it.

His opinion of the Jews, Gypsies and other minority groups was not out of the ordinary back then. Many Europeans of all nationalities felt the same towards them. In that time, much of the world held some pretty racist views, Hitler was not that much different to others. It is not really appropriate to judge the people of yesterday with the standards of today. They just didn't think how we think now.

However, even back then the Final Solution was considered morally wrong and completely evil. But all that isn't the point of what I was talking about.

Some info: Who was Hitler? What good things did he do for Germany? What activities did he and the Nazi party take part in? How and why did he die? - Quora

Last edited: