Another Scientology OT jumps from a tall building and proves gravity exists

Karen#1

Excerpt:

We hadn’t heard of him, but apparently Frank Suárez and his weight loss empire, known as “NaturalSlim” and “MetabolismoTV,” was very popular in Latin America, and had made inroads in the US as well. A quick tour of his websites shows us that he was not only selling magic pills to help speed up your metabolism and help you lose weight, but also such quackery as “detox pills,” anti-stress drinks, and “candida cleanse.”

So it might not surprise you to learn that Suárez, 71, was an OT 8 Scientologist and Patron Meritorious donor ($250,000) and was president of Scientology’s ‘The Way to Happiness’ Foundation in Puerto Rico.

In other words, Suárez was a major promoter of the idea that Scientology had given him the keys to a happy life and could do the same for anyone.

Also, he threw himself from the balcony of his ninth-floor San Juan apartment Thursday morning.~~~READ MORE

Karen#1

As a PR ambassador for "The Way to Happiness" he would have done some basic course of Hubbard's on the Public relations doctrines known as PR series.
As an OT 8 with long duration adherence to SCN cult life and inner policies, he would be educated in the fact that the CULT *craves* good PR.
Furthermore, he would know that suiciding himself by hurling himself off a building would be a PR catastrophe with his OT 8 status. Yet he did it, he did not go silently in his bed with a drug overdose that could have been ruled as accidental.
No accident when one wilfully throws one's self off a high rise.
This might well have been a FUCK YOU to the cult when he realized the con.

Karakorum

Ron is the source that will lead you to grief

That image is gonna haunt me for a bit. The frontman for Scn's whole "Felicidad" commits suicide.

It is just profoundly sad and disturbing. My sincere condolences to all his family members and friends, if any of you might be reading this.

Dotey OT

Re-Membered
I met Frank and a son in CW back in my CW days, seemed like a nice guy. He was trying to get something started in PR and was doing WISE stuff. He was treated as a bit of a celeb, but I never really asked why.

I do know that PR org was massively in the middle of fundraising for the ideal org, and that sort of dried up with the covid. I imagine that he was heavily regged for the ideal org there, maybe someone knows or could find his donor status.

TheSneakster

Tony Ortega wrote:

In other words, Suárez was a major promoter of the idea that Scientology had given him the keys to a happy life and could do the same for anyone.

Also, he threw himself from the balcony of his ninth-floor San Juan apartment Thursday morning.
The Puerto Rican police (he lived in San Juan) haven't even completed their investigation according to Mondo Hispanico (updated 27 Feb, 2021)

But hey, who cares about truth when we are in the propaganda business, eh ? There is no official Cause of Death, yet here is Tony Ortega is happily defaming the poor man who may have suffered an accident or even been murdered. At this point in time (28 Feb 2021 9:10AM PST), reporting Mr. Suarez's death as a suicide is an outright lie.

[Edit: Correction]On the basis of other evidence posted on this thread, I hereby retract my statement that Mr. Ortega was lying about this matter. My apologies. I am leaving the original comment unaltered for the sake of truth.[/edit]

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

Tony Ortega wrote:

The Puerto Rican police (he lived in San Juan) haven't even completed their investigation according to Mondo Hispanico (updated 27 Feb, 2021)

But hey, who cares about truth when we are in the propaganda business, eh ? There is no official Cause of Death, yet here is Tony Ortega is happily defaming the poor man who may have suffered an accident or even been murdered. At this point in time (28 Feb 2021 9:10AM PST), reporting Mr. Suarez's death as a suicide is an outright lie.
An OT 8 would know in advance if someone was intending to murder him. And that would enable him to take any needed measures to stay at cause.

And if he was PTS and fell off by accident he'd of been able to utilize his superpowers to grab onto the balcony directly below his or otherwise prevent serious injury.

ILove2Lurk

AI Chatbot
There is no official Cause of Death, yet here is Tony Ortega is happily defaming the poor man
who may have suffered an accident or even been murdered. At this point in time (28 Feb 2021
9:10AM PST), reporting Mr. Suarez's death as a suicide is an outright lie.
Other sources
The director of the San Juan Homicide Division, Lieutenant Ángel Martínez,
indicated that the case is being investigated to date as a suicide.

Railing is pretty high . . . rule out an accident.

aa.jpg

Last edited:

JeansAndRice

The full truth usually takes time, it's true; I agree we shouldn't say anything with certainty, or speak it as truth until the cause of death is invesigated and made offical. I don't really appreciate the way Oretga frames this as perhaps he didn't believe the laws of gravity applied to him, as opposed to highlighting the extreme psychological issues that could potentially occur that deep into Scn training/practice, it's cold and shallow... I spoke with a family member of his on Thursday who referred to it as a suicide, FWIW (I believe this to be the case)

Karakorum

Ron is the source that will lead you to grief
The full truth usually takes time, it's true; I agree we shouldn't say anything with certainty, or speak it as truth until the cause of death is invesigated and made offical. I don't really appreciate the way Oretga frames this as perhaps he didn't believe the laws of gravity applied to him, as opposed to highlighting the extreme psychological issues that could potentially occur that deep into Scn training/practice, it's cold and shallow... I spoke with a family member of his on Thursday who referred to it as a suicide, FWIW (I believe this to be the case)
Yeah the wording Ortega used about the "laws of gravity" does feel crass and cold.

I appreciate all the work Tony does exposing the legal shenanigans and infiltration of police etc that the cult does.

At the same time, that appreciation will in no way impede me in saying that Tony's sense of humor is sometimes off and the way he describes certain events is at times crass and crude. One thing does not cancel out the other.

I remember last year he made a 'joke order' for Shelly Miscavige. To me that felt wrong on a visceral level, treating a woman like a piece of merchandise, even if it is just a metaphor:

TheSneakster

Usual Disclaimer: I am making no claims as to the physical universe accuracy of anything stated in the OT Course materials nor am I making any claims that the OT Levels actually bestow any particular spiritual benefits or states.

An OT 8 would know in advance if someone was intending to murder him. And that would enable him to take any needed measures to stay at cause.

And if he was PTS and fell off by accident he'd of been able to utilize his superpowers to grab onto the balcony directly below his or otherwise prevent serious injury.
There is nothing in any of the Ron Hubbard OT Course materials (which Robin Scott and others have leaked to the Internet) that states any of the sections of that course so far released is supposed to bestow any particular psychic powers (ESP, Precognition, Psychokinesis, Remote Viewing, etc), supernatural abilities or "OT powers" (an enemy critic fiction). The last seven (7) sections of the OT Course were never piloted or released and and Section VIII is highly questionable as to authenticity.

Because the OT Course was never finished nobody can possibly have completed Ron Hubbard's OT Course. Because of that, no member of the Co$ and no member of any of the Standard Tech independent factions has ever attested to "Operating Thetan" or been issued a certificate saying so. On this one point, the critics are quite correct: there are no OT's.

ILove2Lurk

AI Chatbot
There is nothing in any of the Ron Hubbard OT Course materials (which Robin Scott and others have leaked to the Internet) that states any of the sections of that course so far released is supposed to bestow any particular psychic powers (ESP, Precognition, Psychokinesis, Remote Viewing, etc), supernatural abilities or "OT powers" (an enemy critic fiction). The last seven (7) sections of the OT Course were never piloted or released and and Section VIII is highly questionable as to authenticity.

Because the OT Course was never finished nobody can possibly have completed Ron Hubbard's OT Course. Because of that, no member of the Co$ and no member of any of the Standard Tech independent factions has ever attested to "Operating Thetan" or been issued a certificate saying so. On this one point, the critics are quite correct: there are no OT's.
Interesting comment, I must say.

That's ALL that Hubbard talked about in many lectures and books since 1952. I remember hearing a bunch
of stuff about all those powers. L12 was guaranteed to bestow the ability to have full perception while exterior.
It was also promised in 1952-53. What the hell happened? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Pray tell.

freethinker

Controversial
In the article was a video that tried to define cult. I think it should be defined so that people know exactly what is meant by it.

The trouble begins with the words "cult" and "Religion".

Cults are considered illegitimate and sinister, and religions are considered acceptable and beneficial.

It's because there are these two different attitudes towards cults and religions which makes defining either of them unsatisfactory because they really are no different except in one way and that is, a religion is accepted and cults are not so a religion is a cult that has withstood the test of time and has become legitimate due to large following and durability, it's still here.

In truth they are both belief systems based on, usually, someone's writings. The problem with both of them is they cannot be demonstrably proven.

The difference between them is religions are accepted by those who don't belong. Cults are accepted only by those who do belong and those who may belong in the future because they can believe what the cult believes.

They are both control mechanisms.

They both require members to support the religion or cult. They both have guidelines of behavior, do's and don'ts, associations and disassociations.

Cults, due to their lower membership tend to go after the ones that leave and bring them back. Religions sometimes do this but it isn't regular or often practiced.

Cults discourage members from listening to anything that goes against the belief or the cult. Religions do the same but far less aggressively.

In either case the belief is centered on belief, there is little tangible evidence other than a book, symbol or ritual. Both rely on faith and reward often comes at the end. The end is usually the end of life but can be an imagined state that the member believes they have achieved though they can be in doubt about it, they often keep that to themselves unless it becomes clear to them they have not achieved the result and lose their faith.

At the core they are belief systems with each one manifesting slightly differently but centered on belief lacking tangible evidence the only difference being one is acceptable and the other isn't, except to members.

Bill

Usual Disclaimer: I am making no claims as to the physical universe accuracy of anything stated in the OT Course materials nor am I making any claims that the OT Levels actually bestow any particular spiritual benefits or states.

Hubbard started making vast "OT" claims for his "tech" in 1952. He never stopped, clarified, corrected or modified his claims. You are being disingenuous and/or are extremely ignorant of Hubbard's claims.

TheSneakster

Standard Disclaimer: I am making no claims as to the factual accuracy or possible spiritual benefits of Ron Hubbard's OT Course.

Hubbard started making vast "OT" claims for his "tech" in 1952. He never stopped, clarified, corrected or modified his claims. You are being disingenuous and/or are extremely ignorant of Hubbard's claims.
Neither. I am in possession of an electronic copy (PDF) of the full set of Ron Hubbard course materials (including a version of OT VIII) which have been available online for free for more than a decade. There is no conflict between Hubbard's speculations or claims about the state of Operating Thetan made in the 1950's or 1960's and any statement I made above on this thread.

The full fifteen section OT Course (as per the 1978 LRH ED) was supposed to create an Operating Thetan by the end of it, sure. But - for whatever reasons - we never got sections IX-XV (and VIII is very questionable at this point), so Hubbard's OT Course is very far from complete.

Whether or not (a) Operating Thetan (as described in the 1950's and 1960's) is even possible and (b) Hubbard's notions about "supernatural" abilities one might stably regain from the full OT Course were accurate, Hubbard's HCO Bulletins and other materials in the available OT Course sections do not address any OT Super-powers with one exception:

Original OT VII (not Solo NOTS) was supposed to rehabilitate a thetan's ability to project an intention. That could be regarded as a "psychic" ability. The materials I have are not in HCOB form and appear to be a recreation, but among other things, they contain exercises in which pre-OT is supposed to communicate spiritually with animals and plants.

Since OT VII was replaced with Solo NOTS in the 1980's, it is a pure guess whether original OT VII was renumbered and supposed to be among the last seven OT course sections.

Karen#1

No one writer or journalist can please everyone.
Tony's style is very appreciated by the Bunkerites and Bunkeroos.
Tony comes from a different life experience and paradigm than most of us.

I admire that he exposes the cult relentlessly every 24 hours no matter what the cost.
Here is the kind of FAIR GAME that occurs behind the scenes.
Tony never mentions the FAIR GAME is his daily blogs

<<<<

The cult has tried very hard to get his wife fired; They have repeatedly try to influence the United Nations (where she works) to take her out.
They made a hate page on her saying she has sexual intercourse with the dogs she rescues. (She's involved in a rescue of a certain breed of dog.)
The cult poisoned one of his cats; they’ve followed him from one end of the earth to the next, stalking, filming and harassing him as they go; they tried repeatedly to get him fired from his editorship of the Village Voice; accused him publicly of child sexual trafficking, stalked his elderly parents, his wife’s family, people he worked with or had previous relationships with; they have hacked him.
Tony, but as with most journalists he prefers not to become the story, so he rarely talks about his own experiences with fair game and never on his daily blog.

IN this podcast with Mike Rinder, Tony O lets his hair down and actually reveals details of some of the fair game.
Its a very enjoyable podcast.