Another Scientology OT jumps from a tall building and proves gravity exists

D

Deleted member 51

What I took away from that L Ron death briefing wasn’t that he committed suicide or that Scientologists should do so. So this was new to me. I didn’t know anyone (before) who went out of there with that idea, either, and some were completely taken in.

My ex-husband was a true believer and thought that L Ron had taken on an ethereal body and his heart couldn’t take it = heart attack, but he was prepared for it. He kept insisting Ron turned over his hat.

But he didn’t.

About half the audience at the Palladium that day were skeptical and felt scammed. They had that :wtf: look on their faces and were looking to see others’ reactions. The rest were crazed zealots who couldn’t cheer enough.

The big number for the time track, the claim that Ron invented music…were so ridiculous. Annie was sincere. I figured all that time alone for years in a camper had driven her insane. She was SO loopy!

No one had ever briefed us about Ron’s health. Ever. To say he was in perfect health then just died “causatively” was just more BS and withholding information after untold years of this.

Management was clearly completely dishonest and let it all hang out that day. Really- about half the audience thought so. Lots of whispers of :wtf: as I stood there to assist an orderly exit as they passed.

Veda

What I took away from that L Ron death briefing wasn’t that he committed suicide or that Scientologists should do so. So this was new to me. I didn’t know anyone (before) who went out of there with that idea, either, and some were completely taken in.
Scientologists didn't think of it as suicide, did they? After all, Hubbard (the "thetan") was still alive and busy working on his super advanced research.

My ex-husband was a true believer and thought that L Ron had taken on an ethereal body and his heart couldn’t take it = heart attack, but he was prepared for it.
Yet, Earle Cooley, introduced by Miscavige, had stated that, "The body of L. Ron Hubbard was sound and strong, and fully capable of serving this mighty thetan, for many years, had that suited his purposes."

He kept insisting Ron turned over his hat.

But he didn’t.
At a moment such as that, it's natural to go into a state of denial, and grasp for explanations.

About half the audience at the Palladium that day were skeptical and felt scammed. They had that :wtf: look on their faces and were looking to see others’ reactions. The rest were crazed zealots who couldn’t cheer enough.
What percentage of the half that were skeptical stayed in? and how long did they stay in?

How did they react to the The Sea Org & the Future Flag Order?

There are Independent Scientologists who still take Flag Order 3879 quite seriously:

The big number for the time track, the claim that Ron invented music…were so ridiculous. Annie was sincere. I figured all that time alone for years in a camper had driven her insane. She was SO loopy!

No one had ever briefed us about Ron’s health. Ever. To say he was in perfect health then just died “causatively” was just more BS and withholding information after untold years of this.
At 3:10 to 3:50, Robert Vaughn Young, who was part of the cabal that dreamt up the shore story, expressed his impression that Scientologists accepted it.

Robert Vaughn Young, interviewed during 1997

Then, two years later, Pat and Annie Broeker were deposed and Miscavige's coup was complete.

Management was clearly completely dishonest and let it all hang out that day. Really- about half the audience thought so. Lots of whispers of :wtf: as I stood there to assist an orderly exit as they passed.
And yet it seems that many stuck around. Or did they?

I wasn't at the LRH Death Event but, shortly afterwards, teams of Sea Org members were dispatched on a PR mission, to handle disaffected (ex) Scientologists, and even re-claim them, by showing them the (VCR) video of the event. Apparently, Miscavige - or perhaps Broeker? - believed that watching the video would persuade "ARC broken" people to return to Scientology.

I wasn't the target of the "handling," but I sat in a room with several other people, and two Sea Org members (dressed like Mormons), and was shown the event.

Later, I watched it again again on a VCR recording that had been (electronically) captured during the initial broadcast of the event. I also, sometime later, watched an event in Toronto, Canada, where Annie Broeker talked about how RON, whose name then was Arp Kola, invented music, way back at the beginning of the time track.

At the time, I assumed that Scientology would fade away in a year or two.

ILove2Lurk

AI Chatbot
I have a theory about this "long date."

What this looks like to me . . . nothing else was working to resolve LRH's case,
so he might as well try a "Hail Mary" date and locate. Just keep writing
and writing down numbers that come to mind in a stream of conscious fashion
and see if something blows or erases. That's what this looks like to me . . . a
person perhaps in a desperate or frantic state to resolve all the secrets of the
universe, hitherto hidden, and handle his declining mental and physical health.

Did not work apparently. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Don't try this at home.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 51

Scientologists didn't think of it as suicide, did they? After all, Hubbard (the "thetan") was still alive and busy working on his super advanced research.

Yet, Earle Cooley, introduced by Miscavige, had stated that, "The body of L. Ron Hubbard was sound and strong, and fully capable of serving this mighty thetan, for many years, had that suited his purposes."

At a moment such as that, it's natural to go into a state of denial, and grasp for explanations.

What percentage of the half that were skeptical stayed in? and how long did they stay in?

How did they react to the The Sea Org & the Future Flag Order?

There are Independent Scientologists who still take Flag Order 3879 quite seriously:

At 3:10 to 3:50, Robert Vaughn Young, who was part of the cabal that dreamt up the shore story, expressed his impression that Scientologists accepted it.

Robert Vaughn Young, interviewed during 1997

Then, two years later, Pat and Annie Broeker were deposed and Miscavige's coup was complete.

And yet it seems that many stuck around. Or did they?

I wasn't at the LRH Death Event but, shortly afterwards, teams of Sea Org members were dispatched on a PR mission, to handle disaffected (ex) Scientologists, and even re-claim them, by showing them the (VCR) video of the event. Apparently, Miscavige - or perhaps Broeker? - believed that watching the video would persuade "ARC broken" people to return to Scientology.

I wasn't the target of the "handling," but I sat in a room with several other people, and two Sea Org members (dressed like Mormons), and was shown the event.

Later, I watched it again again on a VCR recording that had been (electronically) captured during the initial broadcast of the event. I also, sometime later, watched an event in Toronto, Canada, where Annie Broeker talked about how RON, whose name then was Arp Kola, invented music, way back at the beginning of the time track.

At the time, I assumed that Scientology would fade away in a year or two.
When I went to that event, I was already halfway out the door of the Sea Org. I made a point of looking at others’ faces and reactions to see if they reflected my own. Many left Scientology. You said you thought the Church would be done in two years. So did I. As much as the whole event threw my mind in a whirl, I was glad all the hedging, lack of info and outright lies (I.,e, that L Ron personally received and personally answered the SO#1 letters) was over.

There was no epidemic of suicides after the event, no flurry of Scientologists wanting to join L Ron “on the other side,” thank goodness. Apparently “causatively dropping the body” had a whole different meaning to Scientologists and was something they did not feel confident to attempt. It was never defined, though. So you have death by suicide, murder, natural causes and death by “other” - dropping the body, whatever that means. :coolwink:

We all knew L Ron had been off the lines for years. He was writing sci-fi books. But upper research? Nooo…. We’d heard the songs, we all had friends working at Golden Era Studios, we’d watched Battlefield Earth and read Mission Earth. L Ron wasn’t researching, he was playing. He was having fun. I had accepted that for years. So hearing that those years were spent researching was a lie. Maybe just the last 2-3 years? Nooo… he had no heavyweight techies with him - they were all accounted for, and no research team. Every time a pilot went on, hundreds were moved out of Pac and the RPF, so it was no secret. The very last pilot research done that personally involved Hubbard was the Running Program (Purification Rundown).

But it was no secret that Dr. Denk was gone “over the rainbow” for most of two years at Hubbard’s request. Shaw Health Center told everyone. It was no secret that L Ron needed a doctor. Perfectly healthy he was not.

Last edited by a moderator:

ILove2Lurk

AI Chatbot
@JustSheila, thanks so much for revisiting your detailed memories from those days.
You were on the ground and your personal posts are so good, so meaningful for readers.
:yes: :yes: :yes:
Being a public, I lived so far away and remote, I had no one to gossip with really during
those years. Information was so scarce and mostly just rehashings of the "party line."

D

Deleted member 51

@JustSheila, thanks so much for revisiting your detailed memories from those days.
You were on the ground and your personal posts are so good, so meaningful for readers.
:yes: :yes: :yes:
Being a public, I lived so far away and remote, I had no one to gossip with really during
those years. Information was so scarce and mostly just rehashings of the "party line."
Awww, you’re such a sweetie! 🤗 You’re welcome. I also never talked to anyone about any of this for years and years until WWP and exscn. At the time, I wanted to shut it all out and walk away like it never happened. Some conversations trigger specific memories. We would have had fun talking about all this if we knew each other when we first got out, right?😊

Veda has also been great with telling specific memories on this thread.

Karen#1

The Suicide of young Philip Gale hurling himself to concrete from the highest building in the MIT campus was a poignant tragedy.

He was only 19 years old. He was quite a genius academically.
Born and bred in a hard core SCN family, (His mother was a head honcho of CCHR) Philip was at Delphi SCN school at 8 years old.

philip.gale.jpg

Philip in his tender teens was an pioneering Internet software developer, computer prodigy.
On March 13, 1998, L Ron Hubbard's Birthday, Gale jumped to his death from a classroom on the 15th floor of a building on the MIT campus.
For weeks, Philip Gale had been asking classmates how to get access to the roof of MIT's tallest structure, the Cecil and Ida Green Building, which is occupied by the Earth, Atmospheric, and Planetary Sciences Department..On March 13, 1998, at about 7:30 pm in an empty classroom on the 15th floor of the Green Building, Gale brought his portable digital recorder, which he switched on.

Philip Gale then wrote and drew the following on the blackboard: Isaac Newton's equation for how an object accelerates as it falls, along with a sketch of a stick figure tossing a chair. He signed it, "Phil was here", picked up a chair and hurled it through the heavy plate glass window. Witnesses said that he cleared the glass shards away, and then jumped out the window.
(wikipedia)
According to many reports he had distanced himself from all of Scientology prior to his death.
Nothwithstanding the basic principle of the dynamics SURVIVE ! something Philip would have been drenched in for 10 years,
SCN schooling and doctrines did absolutely nothing to give him data points and knowledge.

(His sister Elizabeth gave a gut wrenching episode on the Aftermath with Leah and Mike)

Philip.Gale.piano.jpg

HelluvaHoax!

My ex-husband was a true believer and thought that L Ron had taken on an ethereal body and his heart couldn’t take it = heart attack, but he was prepared for it. He kept insisting Ron turned over his hat.

But he didn’t.

Nice capture of what was happening.

I wasn't at that event but i am curious if any SO staff ever quietly talked about it behind the scenes after that event. Or was everyone scared to say or even think anything?

I didn't go to the event mainly for two reasons:

1. People kept phoning me to confirm and one of them said that it was the most important event in Scientology's history (same old pitch). And then when I tried to blow them off they told me with tone 40 that it was a "mandatory event". The word mandatory closed me (on not going), LOL.

2. The other reason was that I found events really awful, especial the long obligatory applause responses. And most repugnant of all when when the attendees laughed at un-funny jokes and frequently jumped to their feet with huge cheers/applause for things that never happened.

D

Deleted member 51

Thanks!
Speaking of huge cheers, during a few awkward moments of about the first third of the event, someone on the stage held up a sign to applaud. It happened 2-3 times. Then as it was clear they had the audience, the sign was no longer used.

Perhaps it was only meant for the OSA, CMO and Flag upper people to see who sat in the front 10-12 rows, but I had a high balcony view to the side and great eyesight so could see it. Campy! :LOL:

My ex husband shut me out talking about it on the day other than what I wrote, and I was returned to the RPF since the Call-in mission for the event was over. We didn’t dare talk about it there. I don’t know what other SO thought and said.

HelluvaHoax!

Speaking of huge cheers, during a few awkward moments of about the first third of the event, someone held up a sign to APPLAUD! It happened 2-3 times. Then as it was clear they had the audience, the sign was no longer used.
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

One of the most ridiculous, cringiest & stupidest things I ever heard about Scientology!

Honestly, thats got to be one of the single creepiest moments of paradoxical pathos in the cult's history!

I am guessing that if the APPLAUD! sign did not get the intended response, they had other signs to hold up with alternate commands, like. . .

WIN!

Veda

In 1986-88, the SO management could have "cleared the air" and chose to be honest about everything.
Instead, they chose to make up stories and do the other thing . . . extend the con.

I can't think of any more despicable people. Those that knew better from looking at the obvious and
what was sitting right in front of them, but made up tall tales so they could keep their positions of power
and cash reserves. No wonder they never -- or rarely -- show their faces in public or take questions.
Unless Scientology was primarily about the preservation of "LRH name and image" in perpetuity, and about money and POWER.

"....Real powers are developed by tight conspiracies... a kind of juggernaut builds up."

L. Ron Hubbard, from The Responsibility of Leaders, 1967

"The yapping gnats that are trying to stop our juggernaut
will be disposed of."

Captain Mark Yager,
addressing Scientologists at the Los Angeles Palladium
on 27 January 1986

During the 1980s, Scientology Inc.'s new dictator, David Miscavige, and his co-conspirators at Scientology's "executive strata," lied to the Scientology membership about L. Ron Hubbard's death, saying he had "causatively discarded" his healthy body. Hubbard had, in fact, died after a long illness. This was covered up.

Miscavige, and others, also learned that there were no more unreleased "OT" levels.

L. Ron Hubbard was not "cause over life," and Scientology did not possess a "Bridge" to the state of "Operating Thetan," and could not honestly claim that it did.

This was all covered up, as the "top strata" of Scientology proudly sung the "We stand tall" song, while also conducting a campaign of barratrous lawsuits and harassment against the "yapping gnats."

And with sound

Who knew? and who didn't know?

Captions are dated

Inanna

Arriving fresh from Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon
Over the past 12 years, I can remember that being claimed about a bunch of people
on the message boards. Sh*t happens. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yeah, well, doesn’t make it right. It’s no excuse.

Inanna

Arriving fresh from Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon
No one writer or journalist can please everyone.
Tony's style is very appreciated by the Bunkerites and Bunkeroos.
Tony comes from a different life experience and paradigm than most of us.

I admire that he exposes the cult relentlessly every 24 hours no matter what the cost.
Here is the kind of FAIR GAME that occurs behind the scenes.
Tony never mentions the FAIR GAME is his daily blogs

<<<<

The cult has tried very hard to get his wife fired; They have repeatedly try to influence the United Nations (where she works) to take her out.
They made a hate page on her saying she has sexual intercourse with the dogs she rescues. (She's involved in a rescue of a certain breed of dog.)
The cult poisoned one of his cats; they’ve followed him from one end of the earth to the next, stalking, filming and harassing him as they go; they tried repeatedly to get him fired from his editorship of the Village Voice; accused him publicly of child sexual trafficking, stalked his elderly parents, his wife’s family, people he worked with or had previous relationships with; they have hacked him.
Tony, but as with most journalists he prefers not to become the story, so he rarely talks about his own experiences with fair game and never on his daily blog.

IN this podcast with Mike Rinder, Tony O lets his hair down and actually reveals details of some of the fair game.
Its a very enjoyable podcast.

I get it and I like him, too. But I’ve personally seen him call out people for being unsympathetic toward Shelly Miscavige. One would think that the same standard applies elsewhere.

We are not Ayn Rand.

TheSneakster

I have a theory about this "long date."

Nothing but bullshit from David "Darth Midget" Miscavige and his entire Int Management crew at that event.

That number was presented entirely out of context and could have meant anything at all or even nothing to Ron Hubbard. It is just a huge number on a sheet of paper, purportedly in Hubbard's handwriting, being blathered about by a known liar.

HelluvaHoax!

Nothing but bullshit from David "Darth Midget" Miscavige and his entire Int Management crew at that event.

That number was presented entirely out of context and could have meant anything at all or even nothing to Ron Hubbard. It is just a huge number on a sheet of paper, purportedly in Hubbard's handwriting, being blathered about by a known liar.
/

You're consistently too late on the chain, always bitterly complaining about "Darth Midget".

Did you ever wonder who recruited, trained and apprenticed Miscavige?

Ever wonder who hatted him to sadistically terrorize and torture staff and public?

Ever wonder who taught him to lie, gaslight & defraud?

Ever wonder who instructed Miscavige to run fair game black ops thuggery on innocent people?

Go earlier similar, lad! LOL

Imagine an earlier similar pathologically lying criminal guru.
It's easy if you try.
No Clears or OTs
Above us only Blue Sky.

Last edited:

Veda

You're consistently too late on the chain, always complaining about "Darth Midget".

Did you ever wonder who recruited, trained and apprenticed Miscavige?

Ever wonder who hatted him to sadistically terrorize and torture staff and public?

Ever wonder who taught him to lie, gaslight & defraud?

Ever wonder who taught Miscavige to run fair game black ops thuggery on innocent people?

Go earlier similar, lad! LOL

Imagine an earlier similar pathologically lying criminal guru.
It's easy if you try.
No Clears or OTs
Above us only Blue Sky.
Scientologists become frantic so easily.

"A big date? Mr. Hubbard wouldn't write a big date on a sheet of paper!"

Wouldn't Scientologists be calm about things like trillions of years of time track ?

Don't see a date but the age is 36. This would be around that time that Hubbard made his plea for free psychiatric medication. "I work at night six days a week." At this time, the city of Los Angeles, to supplement its police force, hired security guards. Hubbard was one of those security guards. This was a low point in his life, yet, years later, while lecturing to Scientologists, he would spin a tale, and glorify himself when telling of this period.

HelluvaHoax!

veda posted this doc

- - -
Which of these scenarios is more disgracefully debunking and damnable?

1. Hubbard was using his writing skills to defraud the US Government & taxpayers, by claiming a pathetic package of physical and psychological disabilities for which he could then receive monthly checks?

2. Hubbard was in fact mentally ill, despite his later claims that he cured himself of mental illness using his groundbreaking scientific discoveries.

3. Both of the above two (2), plus a third way to get free money using his fiction-writing skills. To wit, creating a paper trail of "evidence" that would later "prove" that he was mentally ill, in order to later use his fiction-writing skills (again) to write a book like "Dianetics The Modern Science of Mental Health" in which he would claim to be miraculously healed! And not only cured, but newly reborn with superhuman "Homo Novis" powers that anyone else can get at home in a few hours if they only buy his book.

Last edited:

Enthetan

Veteran of the Psychic Wars
The Suicide of young Philip Gale hurling himself to concrete from the highest building in the MIT campus was a poignant tragedy.

He was only 19 years old. He was quite a genius academically.
Born and bred in a hard core SCN family, (His mother was a head honcho of CCHR) Philip was at Delphi SCN school at 8 years old.

View attachment 14544

Philip in his tender teens was an pioneering Internet software developer, computer prodigy.
On March 13, 1998, L Ron Hubbard's Birthday, Gale jumped to his death from a classroom on the 15th floor of a building on the MIT campus.
For weeks, Philip Gale had been asking classmates how to get access to the roof of MIT's tallest structure, the Cecil and Ida Green Building, which is occupied by the Earth, Atmospheric, and Planetary Sciences Department..On March 13, 1998, at about 7:30 pm in an empty classroom on the 15th floor of the Green Building, Gale brought his portable digital recorder, which he switched on.

Philip Gale then wrote and drew the following on the blackboard: Isaac Newton's equation for how an object accelerates as it falls, along with a sketch of a stick figure tossing a chair. He signed it, "Phil was here", picked up a chair and hurled it through the heavy plate glass window. Witnesses said that he cleared the glass shards away, and then jumped out the window.
(wikipedia)
According to many reports he had distanced himself from all of Scientology prior to his death.
Nothwithstanding the basic principle of the dynamics SURVIVE ! something Philip would have been drenched in for 10 years,
SCN schooling and doctrines did absolutely nothing to give him data points and knowledge.

(His sister Elizabeth gave a gut wrenching episode on the Aftermath with Leah and Mike)

View attachment 14545
Was Phillip's dad David Gale? David Gale was founder of computer firms MCBA (Mini Computer Business Applications, Inc) and Real World Software, and former treas sec at NY back around late 60's. A guy I know used to work for David.

Karakorum

Ron is the source that will lead you to grief
David Gale was founder of computer firms MCBA (Mini Computer Business Applications, Inc) and Real World Software
Didn't know that