“Full Responsibility” a Fundamental of the Scientology Trap

Karen#1

Excerpt:

Responsibility is an important topic in the world of scientology. The concept has enormous impact on the thinking of scientologists, and it is the foundation upon which much subsequent scientology belief and practice is based. Especially the very important elements of scientology that dictate YOU are responsible for anything bad that happens to you. You “pulled it in.” ~~~ READ MORE

Ed8

Excerpt:

Responsibility is an important topic in the world of scientology. The concept has enormous impact on the thinking of scientologists, and it is the foundation upon which much subsequent scientology belief and practice is based. Especially the very important elements of scientology that dictate YOU are responsible for anything bad that happens to you. You “pulled it in.” ~~~ READ MORE

One of the worst aspects of the cult is that it discourages people from allowing data to be compared. Different ideas are not allowed to be in contact lest they contradict. So what 'Ron says' is the law, and don't you dare point out contradictory statements. On the subject of responsibility: churchies don't seem to notice where responsibility is on the tone scale. It's at ZERO. It's at Death. And that is MEST. LOL.

Enthetan

Veteran of the Psychic Wars
Excerpt:

The use of "responsibility" seemed to be used exclusively to deflect any idea that anyone senior was at fault for anything bad happening.

There were times when I was tempted to kick a senior in the balls, and ask him to examine how he "pulled that in".

Lee #28

The use of "responsibility" seemed to be used exclusively to deflect any idea that anyone senior was at fault for anything bad happening.

There were times when I was tempted to kick a senior in the balls, and ask him to examine how he "pulled that in".

Perhaps you just hit on the "secret" of Scientology.....

Perhaps this is how David Miscavige came to power.....

Just kick everyone in the balls....and beat on them.....until you are the last one standing.

Everyone else...."pulled it in..."

Zertel

At the mission where I started scn the Ethics Officer had a sign posted on the wall behind her desk which read, “You Are Responsible For Your Own Condition”. At the time it made sense and maybe it saved her some time not wasted on dealing with petty upsets and squabbles.

Type4_PTS

When the Volunteer Ministers came into New Orleans after the recent hurricane I wonder if they slammed in the ethics of the residents there by assigning them a condition of treason for pulling in Hurricane Ida? :unsure:

There are actually two Scientology Missions there in that city. Clearly, the executives of those Missions need to be Comm Ev'ed for allowing Hurricane Ida to come through there. :mad:

At best they're guilty of gross negligence which was very destructive to the purpose of planetary clearing. All they had to do was write an on-policy CSW and send it to the OT Committee. :duh:

Karakorum

Ron is the source that will lead you to grief
I think this is where we most clearly see the trademark Hubbard pattern:

1. Hubbard correctly diagnoses a real problem with society. In this case that very few people want to take responsibility for their actions.
2. Hubbard comes up with a Philosophy to counter that problem. Then he cranks it all up to 11 where it is no longer sensible and where the cure becomes worse than the disease.
3. On top of it all, he marries that notion of "responsibility" with the idiotic occult notion of magical thinking and "postulates".
4. After all of that is completed, Hubbard further twists this philosophy into a tool for blaming the victim and deflecting any concerns about the validity of the tech right back at the accuser.

Hubbard had a very similar pattern with his study tech and Korzybski. He took an actual problem in society, cranked up a sensible solution up to 11, then twisted it to blame the victim.

onceuponatime

In my experience Responsibility in Scientology is used as a way to blame the individuals involved. Obviously there is never anything wrong with the amazing 100% works all the time Policy/Tech and your Seniors are always right. Management definitely knows what it's doing and its programs guarantee expansion, if only those responsible for executing the programs could stop fucking up!

I think there is some benefit to taking responsibility for your actions and acknowledging that you are (to a large degree at least) responsible for your life. Of course Scientology takes this way too far and it turns into some crazy idea that if you got hit by a meteor you're at fault somehow.

Last edited:

Ed8

In my experience Responsibility in Scientology is used as a way to blame the individuals involved. Obviously there is never anything wrong with the amazing 100% works all the time Policy/Tech and your Seniors are always right. Management definitely knows what it's and its programs guarantee expansion, if only those responsible for executing the programs could stop fucking up!

I think there is some benefit to taking responsibility for your actions and acknowledging that you are (to a large degree at least) responsible for your life. Of course Scientology takes this way too far and it turns into some crazy idea that if you got hit by a meteor you're at fault somehow.
Well, yes that's the negatives of responsibility they are using. That tells us more about the church than they should want us to know. The negatives of responsibility are right there in the tone scale:
Shame -0.2
Accountable -0.7
Blame -1.0
They have Blame down pat, and that is where the church is working. :)
Ed