What’s up, Dave? Scientology still looks no closer to opening Austin and Chicago

Karen#1

TONY ORTEGA
Excerpt:

At his New Year’s event, Scientology leader David Miscavige claimed that his “Ideal Org” program was coming back online after the pandemic, and that four new gleaming cathedrals would open just in the first quarter of 2023.

Well, half the year is almost up, and we’re still waiting for Dave to open up an Ideal Org this year.

Miscavige started the program 20 years ago, and he’s converted about 60 of the normal “orgs” to “Ideal Orgs” in that time, in places like Tampa, Tokyo, Rome, Mexico City, and New York.

Scientologists are told that the expensive program, with each Ideal Org costing tens of millions of dollars, is a key part of Scientology’s plan to “clear the planet” and begin a “new civilization.”

But there’s little evidence that the program is anything other than a real estate acquisition program, with no evidence that the new buildings have created the rush of new membership Miscavige promises will happen.

Until the pandemic put a hold on things in 2020, the two projects that were closest to completion were in Austin and Chicago, and we suspect that they will be the next to open. But when?

READ MORE

La La Lou Lou

TONY ORTEGA
Excerpt:

At his New Year’s event, Scientology leader David Miscavige claimed that his “Ideal Org” program was coming back online after the pandemic, and that four new gleaming cathedrals would open just in the first quarter of 2023.

Well, half the year is almost up, and we’re still waiting for Dave to open up an Ideal Org this year.

Miscavige started the program 20 years ago, and he’s converted about 60 of the normal “orgs” to “Ideal Orgs” in that time, in places like Tampa, Tokyo, Rome, Mexico City, and New York.

Scientologists are told that the expensive program, with each Ideal Org costing tens of millions of dollars, is a key part of Scientology’s plan to “clear the planet” and begin a “new civilization.”

But there’s little evidence that the program is anything other than a real estate acquisition program, with no evidence that the new buildings have created the rush of new membership Miscavige promises will happen.

Until the pandemic put a hold on things in 2020, the two projects that were closest to completion were in Austin and Chicago, and we suspect that they will be the next to open. But when?

READ MORE

It;s quite simple really. Once upon a time there was a bridge, it went nowhere but people had the feeling of involvement as they progressed across. Now that the 'big beings' have landed at the point where the bridge ends they look down and see that they've made no progress just got into a dangerous position on a suspension bridge that was half built and ends in a dangerous way without even railings to stop people from falling into the clouds that hide the jagged rocks way bellow...

Karakorum

Ron is the source that will lead you to grief
They can't open, cause' they all came down with a bad case of Chicago blues. The wrong kind of blues.

So let's have the right kind of blues for a change:

Last edited:

Reyne Mayer

Pansexual Revolutionary
as i posted on the Org Information Center thread -- and over at Tony's -- the city of Austin's event permitting system shows the opening rescheduled yet again and 'TBD' with the first saturday in August currently put i the fields.

i'll ask again, can the CoS even open a paper bag at this point?

SCN - Austin as of 0612 details.jpg

HelluvaHoax!

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

i'll ask again, can the CoS even open a paper bag at this point?
ANSWER: Yes, they can—if it's either:
  • a self-opening bag; or--
  • a bag that has progressed up the Grade Chart to the point where it's able to make things go right.
In Scientology the above equation works equally well for both bags and beings.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

All religions, races, colors and creeds will be welcome . . . once we open.
Evening and night hours will be the best times to visit us.

It certainly looks obvious that the Chicago IDEAL ORG is booming! We're talking huge demand!

Why else would they post Don Hubbard as a door man to control the congested crowd in front of the org trying to get in--or need to hire those three (3) full time valets that will take your car and park it for you at no cost.

Last edited:

Reyne Mayer

Pansexual Revolutionary
ANSWER: Yes, they can—if it's either:
  • a self-opening bag; or--
  • a bag that has progressed up the Grade Chart to the point where it's able to make things go right.
In Scientology the above equation works identically well for both bags and beings.
The Google says there is a tech for that -- which looks like it could save the day*:

also, the org building is in between what looks like a pretty well-rated pizza restaurant and a college dorm, so it's probably not actually a bad block (from a quick look at a detailed Chicago crime map it seems to be about the same as where they are now - mostly minor crimes). i have actually read that org public are not happy about the parking situation, though -- it's going to be much less convenient and much more expensive, which i'd assume really hits staff hard as even a monthly lease is more than $50 a week.

but scns seem to easily fall for 'merchants of chaos' style fear mongering, particularly if it's got a familiar undercurrent of Hubbard-style racism. i'm also wondering if the NOI contingent being raised to help staff the org is an issue for some following in the founder's footsteps of not wanting to have more than about 1 token colored person around unless they are the sort of 'nigger' he thought suited as domestic help.

* a certain wanted little person wearing one of those over his head, could also solve the problem of process servers

HelluvaHoax!

The Google says there is a tech for that -- which looks like it could save the day*:

* a certain wanted little person wearing one of those over his head, could also solve the problem of process servers

LOL

Confession: At first I thought that was a gag hyperlink and website with "self-opening bags". Brilliant satire. But wait, then I googled it and saw yours and a number of other companies selling similarly named products. Love it---even though I don't know what a self-opening bag means. I have ordered clay and will work on this.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

also, the org building is in between what looks like a pretty well-rated pizza restaurant and a college dorm, so it's probably not actually a bad block. . .
Well, maybe with the new ideal org being located there, it will become an "IDEAL BLOCK"!

A world block without criminality!

A veritable "island of sanity" located in the middle of a high crime zone. LOL

We will never know the truth--because when a Scientologist leaving downtown Chicago at night to go home gets mugged, beaten, robbed, carjacked, stabbed, raped, shot and/or murdered—the church will never speak of nor publish that "entheta" and "out PR" information. The Scientology victim will be routed to ethics to write down their crimes that caused them to "pull in" the assault. Thereafter, RRWs* will be mobilized to donate $400,000 to the motivating, and nattering downstat—to keep them silent on what happened.

* RRWs - noun: Rapid Response Whales

HelluvaHoax!

I remember something from Hubbard that "having to have before you can do" as being a very bad thing.
LOL. The cult seems to have more than one such axioms. . .

"having to have before you can do"
"having to donate half-a-mill before you can be you"​
"having to reg before you can poo" (i.e. in order to get PO approved for toilet paper)​

Reyne Mayer

Pansexual Revolutionary
All religions, races, colors and creeds will be welcome . . . once we open.
Evening and night hours will be the best times to visit us.

here's some actual neighbors from the dorms next door to introduce you to the 'hood':

and pizza anyone? (this is the org buildings' neighbor on the other side)

but in between, the lurking horrors of an org! elevated risk of automobiles being rammed into the building, and incidents with people with edged weapons resulting in fatality. rape and child molestation probably also at elevated rates, unreported because of a 'snitches get stitches' type of culture hostile to law enforcement and the courts. bankruptcy, mental breakdowns and suicide. various sorts of fraud, organizational and otherwise. decreased rates of high school completion -- with few young people going to college -- and increased rates of early marriage.

i checked, and white 'public' of a CoS org probably have about the same reduced lifespan as blacks in a Chicago ghetto -- possibly even worse.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

here's some actual neighbors from the dorms next door to introduce you to the 'hood':

and pizza anyone? (this is the org buildings' neighbor on the other side)

but in between, the lurking horrors of an org! elevated risk of automobiles being rammed into the building, and incidents with people with edged weapons resulting in fatality. rape and child molestation probably also at elevated rates, unreported because of a 'snitches get stitches' type of culture hostile to law enforcement and the courts. bankruptcy, mental breakdowns and suicide. various sorts of fraud, organizational and otherwise. decreased rates of high school completion -- with few young people going to college -- and increased rates of early marriage.

i checked, and white 'public' of a CoS org probably have about the same reduced lifespan as blacks in a Chicago ghetto -- possibly even worse.

Are you on the payroll of the Downtown Chicago Tourist Board? LOL

Nobody is saying that someone cannot work or live in downtown chicago without becoming a crime victim. But any crime map shows that the crime levels are extremely high. The point is WHY WOULD ANYONE WANT TO RISK THAT? Of the many thousands of super-safe areas in Chicago and suburbs, it is sheer lunacy to put an org in the middle of the worst congested traffic area of the entire midwest USA and then add to that the real risk of trying to avoid the enormous number of reported and unreported crimes that happen there daily.

I posted the downtown crime map previously but you apparently didn't think it was dangerous enough. LOL.

Let's take a 5 second peek at how safe it is to simply park your car near the new org location. Here is a quick report on parking on the same block or adjacent to the new Ideal Org address. The parking doesn't look very "ideal" even for the cars inside the "safe" parking garages. The following reports car thefts and break ins on South Wells street, exactly where the new Ideal Org is located.

18 reported car break-ins and/or thefts in just 8 weeks—within just 2 blocks! A typical news article follows:

Thieves break into, steal several vehicles from South Loop parking garages, Chicago police say
By ABC7 Chicago Digital Team
WLS logo
Wednesday, February 1, 2023
CHICAGO (WLS) -- A warning for people who use parking garages on the south end of downtown.
Thieves are breaking into vehicles parked in parking garages on South Wells and sometimes stealing them, Chicago police say.
There have been at least 18 such crimes in four parking structures on Wells since late December. The most recent happened Monday evening.
Police said thieves break one of the windows and take property from inside the vehicle and sometimes drive off with that vehicle.
Reported incidents include:
800 block of S. Wells Street on December 21, 2022 at 8 p.m.
800 block of S. Wells Street on December 23, 2022 at 12 a.m.
500 block of S. Wells Street on December 25, 2022 at 5 p.m.
800 block of S. Wells Street on January 15, 2023 at 4:30 p.m.
800 block of S. Wells Street on January 15, 2023 at 6:30 p.m.
800 block of S. Wells Street on January 17, 2023 at 1 a.m.
800 block of S. Wells Street on January 17, 2023 at 4 p.m.
800 block of S. Wells Street on January 18, 2023 at 7 a.m.
800 block of S. Wells Street on January 18, 2023 at 8:30 am.
900 block of S. Wells Street on January 18, 2023 at 9:28 am.
900 block of S. Wells Street on January 18, 2023 at 9:29 am.
800 block of S. Wells Street on January 18, 2023 at 3:00 pm.
900 block of S. Wells Street on January 19, 2023 at 8:40 am.
500 block of S. Wells Street on January 20, 2023 at 8:00 p.m.
600 block of S. Wells Street on January 20, 2023 at 10:30 p.m.
800 block of S. Wells Street on January 27, 2023 at 4 p.m.
800 block of S. Wells Street on January 29, 2023 at 8 a.m.
800 block of S. Wells Street on January 30, 2023 at 6 p.m.

Those cars were in the "protected" garages next to the org. What do you imagine happens on the sidewalks and streets that are not protected? The criminals are putting their ethics in when they are outside of the parking garages and don't rob/beat people walking to their cars? They only steal vehicles but not wallets, cash, phones, watches, rings and jewelry?

PREDICTION: The same things that happen to the unsuspecting tourists and workers and residents of downtown Chicago will happen to the dumb Scientologists who get in their cars and drive to that crime zone at night. Their OT powers will not protect them. Not everyone will be robbed, beaten and murdered. That's not how crime works. Just for the record, in World War II, not everyone was killed. Only 25 million.

...​

Last edited:

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander Redux
Dave photographed peering out the second floor window recently
by our local lookout. Maybe something big is happening soon.

chicago_org-3.jpg

I wonder if the new Marxist Mayor Brandon Johnson will show
up
for the hoopla and balloon release and say a few words.

1686616450570.jpeg
:coolwink:

Last edited:

Reyne Mayer

Pansexual Revolutionary
I posted the downtown crime map previously but you apparently didn't think it was dangerous enough. LOL.
i've looked at the map twice now myself, as well as a different one. and i drilled down to individual crime reports on the street the org is on now, and the new location. they looked pretty much the same, and not too bad -- maybe one low-level assault, and then lots of petty crimes including what may be for things like stolen credit cards or even identity theft. and they both seem to be among the safer parts of Chicago:

The safest places in Chicago like The Loop and Lincoln Park have relatively low crimes rates.

the S. Wells St. listed in the article is literally on the other side of the tracks -- and there are parking garages that are actually on S. Clark in the same block as the org. so i don't know that's necessarily a valid comparison -- and it would still need to be broken out by type of crime to see if involved things that were really dangerous or not

and Chicago's crime problems, while not to be dismissed, have been overblown and misrepresented by 'merchants of chaos':

Statistics also need to be analyzed from a neighborhood perspective to be fully accurate. For instance, while Chicago's murder rates have nearly doubled recently, Brookings points out the killings are mostly confined to outlying pockets long ignored and underfunded. At the same time, there has been a near-historic low rate of homicides in wealthy sections of the Windy City. Additionally, non-crime factors must also be looked at to present a true picture of safety vs. danger.

i'm just interested in the facts, and proper analysis in situations like this. i find it interesting to imagine that maybe the 'ideal' org's opening is being held up in part by still-in members (and staff) believing in fake news and falling for misinformation, faulty assumptions and prejudices.

Last edited:

I M Dex

Dave photographed peering out the second floor window recently
by our local lookout. Maybe something big is happening soon.

View attachment 21460

I wonder if the new Marxist Mayor Brandon Johnson will show
up
for the hoopla and balloon release and say a few words.

View attachment 21459
:coolwink:
That picture reminds me- if anyone wants to make smoke come out of Miscavige's ears, just post pictures of what he'd look like hairless. He's very sensitive about his coif. Repeatedly posting images of him hairless will freak him out.

HelluvaHoax!

...i drilled down to individual crime reports on the street the org is on now, and the new location. they looked pretty much the same, and not too bad -- maybe one low-level assault, and then lots of petty crimes including what may be for things like stolen credit cards or even identity theft...and they both seem to be among the safer parts of Chicago....and Chicago's crime problems, while not to be dismissed, have been overblown and misrepresented by 'merchants of chaos'....i'm just interested in the facts, and proper analysis in situations like this. i find it interesting to imagine that maybe the 'ideal' org's opening is being held up in part by still-in members (and staff) believing in fake news and falling for misinformation, faulty assumptions and prejudices.

You say you are "just interested in the facts". Here you go.

The new "Ideal Org" is in Chicago's downtown area known as "the Loop".

There are countless articles and videos of the extreme spike of crimes and mobs of marauding rioters that have attacked shoppers/tourists and swarmed and looted previously safe stores and streets in the heart of Chicago's loop district. Here is one such statistically based conclusion about how safe the Loops is:

"But this past weekend, those picturesque images were replaced by video showing fights on downtown streets in the shadow of landmarks such as the Chase Tower, people throwing things at cars and jumping on them, and gunfire that took the life of 16-year-old Seandell Holliday life in front of the Cloud Gate sculpture – or the Bean – in Millennium Park. This comes as crime numbers near an all-time high in the Loop. The tables below show violent crime trends for the year through May 9 compared with past years – first for the whole city, then for the Loop:

Aggravated assault: 420% increase.
Aggravated battery: 58% increase.
Sexual assault: 750% increase.
Robbery: 219% increase.

I think I am done debating this with you. It was fun while it lasted, LOL. No matter what the figures show, you come back with some other conclusion. So, I'll let you have the last word and then we shall see how it plays out in the next year or two.

:hattip:

Last edited:

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander Redux
and Chicago's crime problems, while not to be dismissed, have been overblown and misrepresented by 'merchants of chaos':
With all due respect, that's hilarious.

You live half a country away and are sitting looking at a computer. I've lived near or on
the mean streets. I've moved out of three large Midwestern cities because of crime.
Here's just a small taste of one city, a five year stint. Nothing like real life experience.

------------------------------------------- repost L Salander ---------------------------------------------------

I've had to move from a couple of America's largest cites because of crime
and threat of personal danger. In one large "ghetto-ized" city alone over a period
of just five years, I can attest to the following black-on-white crimes on myself
or people close to me:
  • my apartment was robbed and emptied of valuables by two black intruders while I was out
  • very close girlfriend got raped after answering a knock on her door and a black man pushed his way inside
  • another girlfriend had a black man jump in her car when stopped at a stoplight 10:30 at night -- fortunately she
    had a gun stuffed between the seat cushions and pulled it on him -- he retreated quickly -- slide off the
    passenger seat like a rocket, landing on his butt in the snow on the street below -- she sped off, door ajar
  • a male ultra-liberal friend got beat up and spent six weeks in a hospital because he was the wrong color (white)
    -- did nothing to provoke -- strictly a racial crime from being in the wrong part of town at a blues club
    listening to a blues band -- they had to beat up "whitey"
  • I witnessed a shootout on the street among well-dressed black gang members in a "safe" part of town -- actually
    right in front of my high-rise apartment on a main boulevard -- guys darting between cars on foot and shooting
    magnum revolvers at each other -- very loud, very scary -- probably 12-16 shots fired
That's just one major "ghetto" city and in a roughly five-year time span. We had to flee that city and find other jobs and
start all over again in another city. Just too much black-on-white crime. You don't wanna die.

------------------------------------------- repost L Salander ---------------------------------------------------

Last edited: