New novel about Scientology: In Search of Emily Valentine: A Colleen Broadhurst Adventure [7]. (Author recommends Scientology and the Aftermath.)

ISNOINews

Independent Scientology and Nation of Islam news
New novel set in the world of Scientology: In Search of Emily Valentine: A Colleen Broadhurst Adventure [7], by Christine B.

The author defines SP and PTS, albeit somewhat incorrectly, and recommends that her readers watch Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath.

Kindle $2.99
February 4, 2021
214 pages

Paperback $5.82
February 4, 2021
190 pages

71s+QFdAKAL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Screenshot_20210427-194807_1619578940055.png

71MAQnc3WHL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

* * * * * BEGIN INTRODUCTION * * * * *

Description

Emily Valentine grew up as a child in the Church of Scientology. Her parents were in the church, so she did not know any better. However, there came a time in her life when the teachings and the deeds of the church became more than Emily could deal with, so she decided to leave. She discovered that leaving the church was not as easy as simply walking away. It took on deadly complications not only for her, but for her fiancé, as well, who was working undercover for the San Francisco Chronicle News Paper. Colleen and Lisa get involved with Emily’s ordeal when her father hires them to find her after she disappears. The Intuitive Detective Agency finds out more than they wanted to know about the Church of Scientology and how they operate when they attempt to find Emily and help her escape to a new life.

* * * * * END INTRODUCTION * * * * *

/

Last edited:

ISNOINews

Christine B, the author, tweeted:

"In my newest book, "In Search of Emily Valentine" I take on the "religious" cult, Scientology. After watching Leah Remini's three-year program series, "Scientology, The Aftermath" I was inspired to write about the horrible things the Church of Scientology does to its members."

Screenshot_20210428-082710_1619623837284.png

EuIJIgkXIAQ-YjU.jpeg

/

Karakorum

Ron is the source that will lead you to grief
The author defines SP and PTS, albeit somewhat incorrectly, and recommends Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath.
"Somehwat incorrectly" as in pretty much switched the two definitions around. PTS being "even worse" than SP? :omg:
Well, I trust it is for non-scientologists. But I think even people who just watched the Aftermath and paid attention would know better.

On the other hand, glad to see people stop treating it as a taboo subject and write about it without treating the church with the reverence and fear it does not deserve.

ISNOINews

"Somehwat incorrectly" as in pretty much switched the two definitions around. PTS being "even worse" than SP? :omg:
Well, I trust it is for non-scientologists. But I think even people who just watched the Aftermath and paid attention would know better.
I think it is quite understandable that a never-in, even one who paid attention to Scientology and the Aftermath, got this mixed up a bit. There is a tremendous amount of vocabulary in Scientology that is now second nature to us, but is confusing to new people. Moreover, she was watching a TV show, probably for the stories, not studying a course in the Academy or preparing for a college final exam. I think the important thing is that she got the gist of what is going on, the consequences, the cost.

On the other hand, glad to see people stop treating it as a taboo subject and write about it without treating the church with the reverence and fear it does not deserve.
I agree. I also think it is great that she advised her readers to watch Scientology and the Aftermath and, indeed, that the show inspired her to write her book.

/

Last edited: