Why isn't January 24th a Major Scientology Holiday?

Type4_PTS

January 24th should be one of the major holidays in Scientology and I'm wondering why it's not celebrated as such. January 24th, 1986 is the day that L. Ron Hubbard began his advanced OT research which had to be done in a fully exterior state, and so he chose to drop his body as it was an impediment to this research.

Shouldn't the day after he turned over all his hats as per Scientology policy and completed all the research that was possible to do in a meat body be celebrated as an incredible achievement? (I'm asking for a friend).

I've been out of the loop for a while so I've missed all the Ron's Journal's he's done since then to update us on the research. Some of you that are more connected than myself - if you would please post links to the updates on the research it would be most appreciated!

I was reading some things about Scientology holidays on the official cult website and it reads as follows:
Scientologists celebrate several major holidays annually. These include the birthday of L. Ron Hubbard (March 13); the date marking the initial publication of Dianetics (May 9); the anniversary of the maiden voyage of the Freewinds and what that vessel represents in the development of advanced spiritual levels of enlightenment in Scientology (June 6); Auditor’s Day, in honor of all auditors (second Sunday in September); the anniversary of the founding of the International Association of Scientologists, which unites, supports and protects the Scientology religion and Scientologists throughout the world (October 7); and New Year’s Eve (December 31).

To commemorate each of these occasions, the Church produces large international celebrations that are attended by thousands of parishioners and replayed to hundreds of thousands more in Churches, missions and groups all over the world. These celebrations are the primary means by which the Church’s leadership informs the worldwide congregation of the progress of the Scientology religion into society and plans for the future.

So, Ron's birthday is celebrated in a big way. I don't understand why his departure to Target Two is not celebrated also. :unsure:
When I went to the 1986 event which briefed me on this whole thing it was announced as one of the most momentous events ever in the history of Scientology. To not celebrate it as such is a huge red flag! :ohmy:

Last edited:

cakemaker

So, Ron's birthday is celebrated in a big way. I don't understand why his departure to Target Two is not celebrated also. :unsure:
When I went to the 1986 event which briefed me on this whole thing it was announced as one of the most momentous events ever in the history of Scientology. To not celebrate it as such is a huge red flag! :ohmy:
As Miscavige said at the Death Event,

"He has now moved on to his next OT…level of OT research. This level is beyond anything any one of us ever imagined. This level is in fact done in an exterior state. Meaning, that it is done completely exterior from the body. At this level of OT, the body is nothing more than an impediment, an encumbrance to any further gain as an OT. Thus…Thus, at 2000 hours Friday, the 24th of January, A.D. 36, L. Ron Hubbard discarded the body he had used in this lifetime for 74 years, 10 months, and 11 days. The body he had used to facilitate his existence in this MEST universe had ceased to be useful and in fact had become an impediment to the work he now must do outside of its confines. We felt it was important as Scientologists, that you were the first to become aware of this fact. I can understand that many of you are probably experiencing the effect of a secondary. However, it is important that you can put this into the proper perspective.

The being we knew as L. Ron Hubbard still exists. However, the body he had could no longer serve his purposes. This decision was one made at complete cause by L. Ron Hubbard. Although you may feel grief, understand that he did not and does not now. He has simply moved on to his next step."

January 24th should be one of the major holidays in Scientology and I'm wondering why it's not celebrated as such. January 24th, 1986 is the day that L. Ron Hubbard began his advanced OT research which had to be done in a fully exterior state, and so he chose to drop his body as it was an impediment to this research.
They don't want cult members to think about that day at all, at least not for another century until all the witnesses are dead, and all the evidence has been destroyed. The story doesn't stand up to a bit of scrutiny. The cult thrives on mystery and unanswered questions. It's better if members use their imagination to make up wonderful stories about all that happened, and don't discuss them with each other. They can pretend the secrecy is necessary because the truth is so wonderful it would blow people out of their heads.

brujaaa

shakira shakira
I was born sometime during the month of January of 1986, so there was some talk of whether or not I was lrh reincarnated or whatever . hahaha
problem was I was born before the 24th.

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander Redux
But how does his research help us, the little people, the "failed cases" left back here on Earth?

For the past 35 years, LRH has been working on "upper level research" to benefit those who have
completed OT VIII. Thirty-five years is about the same time he spent discovering and refining the
current Earth bridge to OT VIII, which is ironic.

This research has kept a lot of interplanetary printers in business by the looks of it. You can see
behind him the unimaginable volume of words he's authored . . . while "up there in the sky."

¯\_(ツ)_/¯​

Lee #28

David Miscavige must realize that Jesus and Christians already have that one covered......

Though, I am surprised that they didn't try to co-op that Christian event....as they've boldly co-oped so many Christian words....and use a Catholic Cross for their buildings...

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

David Miscavige must realize that Jesus and Christians already have that one covered......

Though, I am surprised that they didn't try to co-op that Christian event....as they've boldly co-oped so many Christian words....and use a Catholic Cross for their buildings...

Well, there are similarities between Scientology and Christianity. Jesus died for our sins. And Ron died dropped his body because of our overts of commission and omission. We didn't make it go right and clear the planet and he sacrificed his body and left behind hundreds of millions of dollars, and a bunch of messengers that would take care of all his needs.

But how does his research help us, the little people, the "failed cases" left back here on Earth?
:unsure:

I'm sure when he releases his next Ron's Journal that he'll explain all that.

cakemaker

Actually it is a Catholic cross.

From the (now forbidden) Tech Dictionary;

ScreenShot012.jpg