Why do Hindu gods have many arms?

Veda

Sometimes wisdom manifests in the strangest places. In China, it survived for thousands of years, kept alive through the popularity of fortune telling. The Book of Changes is one of Humankind's oldest books - a philosophical system based on a mathematical model.

The less precise system of the Tarot survives as a simple deck of playing cards.

There are correspondences between The Book of Changes and the ancient mystical system of the Kabbala.

HelluvaHoax!

originally posted by VEDA:

Earliest known tech that Hubbard ripped off?

Is that 4000 year old I-Ching the basic-basic version of the Self Analysis perceptic wheel?

Ron altered that that tech a bit to avoid accusations of thievery---and also later changed the name I-Ching to Ka-Ching.

Ron's earliest version of the e-meter

The c-meter.
Ron used it measure his prosperity (cash).

Last edited:

Chuck J.

"Austere Religious Scholar"
"I woke up this morning and got myself a beer, yeah I woke up this morning and got myself a beer, cuz the futures uncertain and the end is always near."

Veda

The multiple arms in many illustrations of Hindu deities are meant to represent the various attributes and powers a given deity. They are not literal. I'm surprised you would even ask this.
They are literal.

I asked because I, and others, experienced simultaneously being on multiple planes, with multiple arms, etc., at different degrees of rarefication.

Most people are fixated on one plane of existence.

What I described is one of many types of altered or alternate states of consciousnesses.

Zertel

"Consciousness Explorers" is okay. "Psychic Explorers" might be more descriptive and has an adventurous ring to it. I'm currently not engaged but enjoy reading their adventures. When I was a Scientologist I probably considered myself a psychic explorer. I probably didn't label myself as such but that's a pretty cool identity.

psychic - adjective Also psy·chi·cal.

1. of or relating to the human soul or mind; mental (opposed to physical).
2. Psychology. pertaining to or noting mental phenomena.
3. outside of natural or scientific knowledge; spiritual.
4. of or relating to some apparently nonphysical force or agency: psychic research; psychic phenomena.
5. sensitive to influences or forces of a nonphysical or supernatural nature.

noun
a person who is allegedly sensitive to psychic influences or forces; medium.

Last edited:

Zertel

"Consciousness Explorers" is okay. "Psychic Explorers" might be more descriptive and has an adventurous ring to it. I'm currently not engaged but enjoy reading their adventures. When I was a Scientologist I probably considered myself a psychic explorer. I probably didn't label myself as such but that's a pretty cool identity.

psychic - adjective Also psy·chi·cal.

1. of or relating to the human soul or mind; mental (opposed to physical).
2. Psychology. pertaining to or noting mental phenomena.
3. outside of natural or scientific knowledge; spiritual.
4. of or relating to some apparently nonphysical force or agency: psychic research; psychic phenomena.
5. sensitive to influences or forces of a nonphysical or supernatural nature.

noun
a person who is allegedly sensitive to psychic influences or forces; medium.
In 1969-1970 I lived in NYC where someone handed me a pamphlet about scn which was six or eight pages long describing the scn description of the mind and aspects to its approach which I found quite interesting. About four years later I was living in Salt lake City and found out there was a Mission there. I was looking for something interesting to study so I went in and began "studying the mind".

Last edited:

Zertel

originally posted by VEDA:

Earliest known tech that Hubbard ripped off?

Is that 4000 year old I-Ching the basic-basic version of the Self Analysis perceptic wheel?

Ron altered that that tech a bit to avoid accusations of thievery---and also later changed the name I-Ching to Ka-Ching.

Ron's earliest version of the e-meter

The c-meter.
Ron used it measure his prosperity (cash).

I recall when the first handheld calculators came out in the 1970's. They were about 2" x 5" and 1" deep and had an LED readout and retailed for over $100. Ron probably upgraded.

They caught my interest when they came out and I thought they might be a good way to earn some money for scn. Somebody was wholesaling them and I bought six of them for $100 each and sold two of them for $150 each and kept one for myself. I returned the other three and the guy returned my money for those. My e-meter at the time cost $150 so I guess I got a good deal on both.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

WHY HINDU GODS HAVE MULTIPLE ARMS

Because they didn't have an org board.

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol !!!

--alternative answer--
They had an org board in the Galactic Confederacy 283 quadrillion years ago, it's just that they didn't have a "Department of Corrections".

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

.--alternative answer--
They had an org board in the Galactic Confederacy 283 quadrillion years ago, it's just that they didn't have a "Department of Corrections".

Dr. Hubbard explained in an audiotaped lecture that the Church of Scientology's org board is based on an org board from the wholetrack civilization known as The Galactic Confederacy.

". . . it's a refined board of an old galactic civilization. We applied Scientology to it
and found why it eventually failed. It lacked a couple of departments and that
was enough to mess it all up. They lasted 80 trillion [years]."
—Hubbard ("The Org Board And Livingness")

Thetans at that time were untrained in Dr. Hubbard's admin tech, so they knew nothing about the Department of Corrections. That's why their stupid org board only lasted 80 trillion stupid years. By contrast, modern day Scientologists are very big beings who operate over very big time frames, not just a puny 80 trillion years.

HelluvaHoax!

which reminds me, wouldn't there (and Hubbard followers) have been 'meat bodies' with multiple arms at points like that on the whole track?

View attachment 15855
LOL, why yes!

In previous decades, even the mainstream media found evidence of multi-appendaged beings and such discoveries were prominently featured on magazine covers.