Why did Hubbard write a screenplay about Xenu?

PreacherMan007

I had read the screenplay “Revolt in the Stars” that Hubbard was trying to sell in the late 1970’s. It just told the story of Xenu. If Hubbard claimed that revealing the Xenu story to people who were unprepared would kill them, how would he justify making a movie spilling the beans about Xenu? How would an OT III or higher reconcile this with what Hubbard says about OT III? Any ideas?

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
Long story short . . . .

Hubbard's screenplay was passed around Hollywood in 1978 by the production company Brilliant Films, hoping to get financing and have it made into a movie by a major studio. A big blockbuster on the magnitude of Star Wars, which was super big at the time.

One theory was the subliminal message -- the implant narrative backstory -- embedded in the movie would waken people a bit and send them streaming into orgs for services and the bridge to freedom.

That, or seeing the movie would cause people to key out from the incident en masse and soften the culture for the easier acceptance of Scientology.

You can do a search on the ESMB website for "Revolt in the Stars" (with quotation marks) and probably learn a lot more. That is it in a nutshell though.

That's how OTs reconciled the apparent inconsistencies in the stories and changing claims back in the day. Hubbard himself too, I guess.

Last edited:

lotus

rebel french frog
I had read the screenplay “Revolt in the Stars” that Hubbard was trying to sell in the late 1970’s. It just told the story of Xenu. If Hubbard claimed that revealing the Xenu story to people who were unprepared would kill them, how would he justify making a movie spilling the beans about Xenu? How would an OT III or higher reconcile this with what Hubbard says about OT III? Any ideas?
Are you trying to make sense of non-sens 😏

Let's suppose the writers of starwars would decide that there is a better way to make lot of money.. Create a cult out of their sci-fi writings.

Now let's say that you put one million $ in it, in order to attain freedom and powers forwarded in the story.
Imagine that such belief create a huge cognitive dissonance from your ego mind refusing to wake up, later, upon proof shown that you have been fooled... You will try to make sense of any non- sense and about any lies told to you that will align to hold this belief...

That is all there is to say IMO
🙄

A fooler, his lies and his followers.

Last edited:

programmer_guy

True ex-Scientologist
For the same reason that DMSMH would have a volcano on the book cover.

For the same reason that "Dianetics: the Evolution of a Science" would have people loading captured thetans onto a space ship on the book cover.

It's supposed to trigger a person's reactive mind so that they will tend to be attracted to Hubbard's pseudoscience about past lives and space aliens. (I think that was his intention but it was crazy.)

Last edited:

Lee #28

I think the point of the OP is that Scientologists are instructed via Hubbard that coming across this information, while not ready for it would KILL YOU.

This doesn't seem to be the case....as it is all over the interwebs now....and has been for a while. ( decades?)

So was Hubbard trying to kill off lots of people.....to further Scientology? Is it possible that was his strategy?

Of are we just talking Hubbard hyperbole....

It would be interesting to track down when DMSMH got a volcano on its cover....because it certainly didn't have one upon the book first being published. And then compare that to the Wall of Fire tape and Hubbard's releasing OT3. (RJ 67 ?)

The other books having "suggestive" pictures on the covers.....Ummm, Perhaps that was more to give the "insiders" something to have as selective insider's "knowledge." So one could feel an insider?

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

In 1967 the "Xenu Story" was released to paying customers in order to make money. The reason it was declared ultra-confidential was not because it was so powerful it could kill you. The reason Hubbard classified it ultra- confidential was that he wanted a selling gimmick in order to make more money.

Over a decade later the "Xenu Story" was unclassified and no longer ultra-confidential under a new name---the "Revolt In The Stars Story"--for two reasons:

1) The Hubbard Law of Commotion which states: "IN SCIENTOLOGY FOR EACH AND EVERY POLICY & PIECE OF TECH, THERE IS AN EQUAL AND OPPOSITE POLICY & PIECE OF TECH". Ergo, not only will the "Xenu Story" kill you, it will also completely key you out and make you super happy.
2) Instead of hiding the "Xenu Story" with crazed & paranoid security measures to ensure NOBODY is exposed to it, now the same story (with a new title) must be promoted so that EVERYBODY is exposed to it (at the movies, on cable tv, on home DVDs, via pay-per-view, et al) in order to make even more money.

HelluvaHoax!

The "briefing" that I received from Brilliant Films' (see IL2L's post above) about REVOLT IN THE STARS screenplay (which i was handed to read) was (paraphrasing):

"Ron designed Revolt In the Stars in order to help run out the
4th Dynamic Engram and destimulate beings on this planet
in order to make planetary clearing a reality"

My takeaway is that if you tell someone the XENU story in an org, they will die-----but if you tell someone the XENU story in a movie theater they will not only live, they will also buy a good number of religious artifacts such as action figures.

Paul Adams

(Dulloldfart on ESMB)
In case anyone hasn't read it, and wants to, here's a 71-page PDF. I assume it's complete.

"The Loyal Officers, the Loyal Officers of the People, heading 76 planets for the 21 star systems of the Confederation, one by one are coming up this concourse… ” One of his staff got a piece of paper into his hand and he looked at it urgently and then smiled happily.
”Hah! Here is Rawl!”
etcetera

Paul Adams

(Dulloldfart on ESMB)

The "briefing" that I received from Brilliant Films' (see IL2L's post above) about REVOLT IN THE STARS screenplay (which i was handed to read) was (paraphrasing):

"Ron designed Revolt In the Stars in order to help run out the
4th Dynamic Engram and destimulate beings on this planet
in order to make planetary clearing a reality"

My takeaway is that if you tell someone the XENU story in an org, they will die-----but if you tell someone the XENU story in a movie theater they will not only live, they will also buy a good number of religious artifacts such as action figures.