Where are all the KTL/LOC & Pro TR's & Super Power people?

Enthetan

Veteran of the Psychic Wars
That said, it is the usual conundrum with him - he was too OCD or Micromanaging to let people use their judgement. A really good example is the overriding principal of the org board - to take decision points off the board. In doing so, plus his insistence that only he could evolve correct tech, resulting in an organization frozen in time, in capable of changing or adapting.
Much of life is art rather than technology.

What defines a master of an art, is the ability to adopt a process to changing conditions, using experience, judgement, and skill.

Isaac

Pro TR's helped me see just how arbitrary meter reads were and that it was training to scam, deceive and trick other Scientologists into doing what Ron says to do - give up all of your time and money to Scientology

mimsey borogrove

Yes, you do have the styles of auditing. But even at upper levels you are still supposed to rotely apply whatever process or procedure you're running. No matter how trained you were, all you're supposed to do is TR-4 and get the command executed.
It evolved into that perhaps with the advent of Standard Tech. The HCOB I'm referring to was written in 64, before the 8 course.

Inanna

Arriving fresh from Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon
Pro TR's helped me see just how arbitrary meter reads were and that it was training to scam, deceive and trick other Scientologists into doing what Ron says to do - give up all of your time and money to Scientology
Why? There’s no metering on that course except at the examiner’s.

onceuponatime

I don’t recognize the term CTP, but I do remember that one delivers auditing and receives it. After I completed the course, they kept asking me to come in and audit students on Pro TRs (clay table processing) because they had no one else.
CTP is Clay Table Processing.

It evolved into that perhaps with the advent of Standard Tech. The HCOB I'm referring to was written in 64, before the 8 course.
You are correct, and in the times before GAT I think auditors had a bit more freedom about what they did in session. After GAT with the insistence on all auditors following rote procedure (what do you do drills, sequence drills and all that) you pretty much get the same session experience, no matter the class of the auditor. They're just going to run whatever process they're supposed to run and TR-4 as needed.

Perhaps this HCOB will help you? :duck: Mimsey
View attachment 18156
Classic Hubbard law of commotion. The meter is an infallible tool that works all the time 100%, and the reads don't actually mean anything.

mimsey borogrove

CTP is Clay Table Processing.

You are correct, and in the times before GAT I think auditors had a bit more freedom about what they did in session. After GAT with the insistence on all auditors following rote procedure (what do you do drills, sequence drills and all that) you pretty much get the same session experience, no matter the class of the auditor. They're just going to run whatever process they're supposed to run and TR-4 as needed.

Classic Hubbard law of commotion. The meter is an infallible tool that works all the time 100%, and the reads don't actually mean anything.
Well, I subscribe to Just Bill's evaluation - that it reads on belief. If you believe Zog killed you in BC 3 gadzillon or you were audited by LRH in a previous life, or you stole the famous paper clip off Hubbard's desk, and was responsible for all the chaos that act wrought, it will jolly well read.

But if you, a well known TV star, raped a few wimmings and don't think you did a damn thing wrong, it's clean as a whistle and the church has your back.

BTW, the only GAT course I ever did (and I am a class 6) was Solo Nots, and I didn't mind that it was delivered in that manner. I did the steps as written and it seemed to work just fine. Only occasionally did I need to get creative. It's different than auditing a live PC though. After all, how much of that was I mocking up to run? There were some BT's that I would believe were real, but by and large I ran the level with little telepathic feedback, and mostly followed the meter reads.

Mimsey

Last edited:

onceuponatime

Well, I subscribe to Just Bill's evaluation - that it reads on belief. If you believe Zog killed you in BC 3 gadzillon or you were audited by LRH in a previous life, or you stole the famous paper clip off Hubbard's desk, and was responsible for all the chaos that act wrought, it will jolly well read.

But if you, a well known TV star, raped a few wimmings and don't think you did a damn thing wrong, it's clean as a whistle and the church has your back.

BTW, the only GAT course I ever did (and I am a class 6) was Solo Nots, and I didn't mind that it was delivered in that manner. I did the steps as written and it seemed to work just fine. Only occasionally did I need to get creative. It's different than auditing a live PC though. After all, how much of that was I mocking up to run? There were some BT's that I would believe were real, but by and large I ran the level with little telepathic feedback, and mostly followed the meter reads.

Mimsey
Yes, I agree with you, the meter reads on belief. I just think it's interesting that LRH writes that the meter works all the time, and then also says that the reads don't actually mean anything.

I wouldn't know about the GAT stuff, but I imagine for the most part it made training auditors easier and did provide a more uniform experience for PCs.

mimsey borogrove

Yes, I agree with you, the meter reads on belief. I just think it's interesting that LRH writes that the meter works all the time, and then also says that the reads don't actually mean anything.

I wouldn't know about the GAT stuff, but I imagine for the most part it made training auditors easier and did provide a more uniform experience for PCs.
When I was on Solo Nots in the confidential course room, I overheard an elderly woman complaining - she had short term memory loss and couldn't do the GAT Drills. Had I read the book Why We Sleep back then, I could have given her a copy - it discusses how learning is improved by sleep. She probably should have trained in the AM, taken a nice nap, then went back in and continued in the afternoon, and she would have had a better go of it. But that master of the mind, El Ron, to satisfy his ego, wouldn't allow any other solutions than his. Unfortunately for her, it wasn't published back then, it was released in 2018 long after I decamped.

Mimsey

1653374828167.png

Hatshepsut

When I was on Solo Nots in the confidential course room, I overheard an elderly woman complaining - she had short term memory loss and couldn't do the GAT Drills. Had I read the book Why We Sleep back then, I could have given her a copy - it discusses how learning is improved by sleep. She probably should have trained in the AM, taken a nice nap, then went back in and continued in the afternoon, and she would have had a better go of it. But that master of the mind, El Ron, to satisfy his ego, wouldn't allow any other solutions than his. Unfortunately for her, it wasn't published back then, it was released in 2018 long after I decamped.

Mimsey

View attachment 18190
I went to go look for that book and found one linked PDF

Last edited:

Hatshepsut

Am part way through.....and writing down list of reasons for my Do Not Disturb sign.

Enthetan

Veteran of the Psychic Wars
I'll read it then. I am so sleep deprived lately it's hard to concentrate.
Since I've been working from home the last couple of years, I've found my day goes better if I have a nap after lunch.

Siesta is a custom in many countries, for a reason.

mimsey borogrove

Since I've been working from home the last couple of years, I've found my day goes better if I have a nap after lunch.

You are in good company,
I think it was Sidney Pollack or Sidney Lumet who would shoot in the morning, take a nap while they set up for the after lunch shoot, then come out and direct for the remainder of the afternoon. Another famous napper is Mikaela Shiffrin who would nap on the ski slope before gearing up for her next race
1653525196816.png

Riddick

I clap to no man

same here, but only after I do my rounds, take Ebay shipping to the post office & go to the food store to buy some things, come back, take the dogs out, and then have a nap, the dogs both have a nap with me and they love it. I do get up at 5 am to trade stocks in my Roth account.

mimsey borogrove

same here, but only after I do my rounds, take Ebay shipping to the post office & go to the food store to buy some things, come back, take the dogs out, and then have a nap, the dogs both have a nap with me and they love it. I do get up at 5 am to trade stocks in my Roth account.
Really? Him? He's the man behind the Roth account? I guess when you are a hot rock star you have to invest it wisely...

:hide:

1653549047854.jpeg

Riddick

I clap to no man