When Father’s Day reminds you that Scientology has ripped apart your family By Geoff Levin | June 19, 2022

Karen#1

Excerpt:
While here in the US today many children will be reconnecting with their dads for Father’s Day, some of us know that it’s not going to happen this year.

Some of us are ex-Scientologists. And when you leave Scientology, you run the risk of being labeled an enemy of the church, what it calls “suppressive persons.”

When that happens, Scientology instructs everyone who wants to remain in good standing with the organization to cut that “SP” out of their lives.

I myself followed this “disconnection” policy after my own brother, Robbie Levin, left the organization in 1984. He was declared “suppressive” for leaving the church. And so I had to disconnect from him then if I wanted to remain in good standing. And the way my mind worked then, I did not want to “lose my eternity.”

By the year 2017 I had a different view of Scientology and its founder, L. Ron Hubbard. I disobeyed that disconnection order and reunited with Robbie. The result was that I was declared suppressive. And now the people who were close to me had to make that choice.

And that’s how I lost my kids.