What is Rhetoric?

Riddick

I clap to no man
Last edited:

Riddick

I clap to no man
I think these two articles are good, if you were involved in dianetics or scientology they might help explain how you fell for it, or dianetics and or scientology.

Examples of Rhetoric in Every Day life #1 | Anjali RCL (psu.edu)

Rhetoric In Your Life - An Introductory Guide To Rhetoric (weebly.com)
correlating what this poster said about rhetoric, this link:

Examples of Rhetoric in Every Day life #1 | Anjali RCL (psu.edu)

"Finally, he set forth what I would consider to be some logical reasons for trying out the group. “Come and see! It’s a great way to get to know people, and may also help to boost your spiritual life!” Although these reasons may seem rather flimsy from a traditional standpoint, they were appropriate to that particular situation, and set up his appeal to logos."

So correlating, what scientology does is the pinch test to make the emeter logical or logos. The emeter was introduced by Hubbard for a logos appeal of persuasion to join the group, and also to keep the group alive through out auditing and up the bridge. There are others such as the personality test, leadership test, IQ test, etc. These are all logos appeals to make scientology true and persuade one.

But, of course, all that work by Hubbard to persuade one to learn and use the emeter fell for not. Lots of time and energy wasted for a false promise. And also lots of money buying all the courses, books, lectures, etc.

Last edited:

F.Bullbait

Wise Guy
Logostics 1

Life is basically a Static.

Definition: A Life Static has no mass, no motion, no wavelength, no location in space or in time.