What Happened To Training?

onceuponatime

There's no point in doing a full chronological study. Maybe if Scientology were a real subject and research had followed a path then it would make sense. On the BC most of the material is about GPMs and Goals. Of course none of that has any relevance to today's auditing but still that's what you spend most of your time learning about. Then all of a sudden the lectures are over and you move onto more modern techniques. LRH very much did not know what he was doing or have a plan. He jumped from one thing to the next with very little of the old still relevant to whatever the new was. This is even obvious in the basics where you have tons of techniques that are no longer used.

I agree with HH's post above. LRH's method was to say oh we don't use that anymore, that's old. We have this brand-new technique that produces 500% exteriorization so we don't need that old stuff. Which is kind of funny when you look at Tech Degrades, that's literally the way LRH operated.

I also agree with the posts about training giving stability and making you less tractable, at least as far as Scientology is concerned. Being trained does give you some status within Scientology and that can be dangerous for management. Random Joe becomes disaffected, whatever he's a criminal. Class VIII Joe becomes disaffected, he's still a criminal (obviously) but it's a much bigger PR flap within the church.

The ultimate issue LRH and the Church runs into is that none of it works, none of it produces the gains that were promised/promoted. LRH had to keep jumping to new methods because none of his stuff was working. Does that mean you need to study all the techniques that didn't work? Absolutely not, it's all useless.

Dotey OT

Dis-Membered
As of the 1980's, there was a big push for people in LA to do the SHSBC as part of their OT preps, that being on the Briefing Course would make your OT eligibility go easier, as the people granting eligibility approvals looked more kindly on people who did training.

I think they wanted more field auditors disseminating.
I knew many "Illegal PC's" that were regged for the bc and paid for it. Some started it and in the midst of doing some pre-req or level. Then the illegal status was revoked, some kept on it and got some auditing, others never did start it that I know of.

Dotey OT

Dis-Membered
There's no point in doing a full chronological study.
Did someone here promote that a chronological study should be done? It is what is currently being done, I think that the basics has that as a method of study. I would have to look back and see what the sales materials state.

BTW, I think that I am mid pts/sp, another run through the student hat, oec 0, advanced procedures and axioms, ED mini hat, there may be others.

Veda

There's no point in doing a full chronological study. Maybe if Scientology were a real subject and research had followed a path then it would make sense. On the BC most of the material is about GPMs and Goals. Of course none of that has any relevance to today's auditing but still that's what you spend most of your time learning about. Then all of a sudden the lectures are over and you move onto more modern techniques.
Quite true.

LRH very much did not know what he was doing or have a plan.
IMO, Hubbard had a plan from at least 1938 forward. It had nothing to do with actual spirituality or helping people. It was about power, money, and ego.

The "Bridge to Total freedom" was window dressing.

Hubbard enjoyed being a natural psychologist, and liked being called a "genius" by his followers who were enchanted by his processing "tech," but this "tech" was never more than a veneer and a means to an end - a hidden agenda. Hubbard liked to think of himself as a genius, and could become caught up in it, but his "real goal" (circa 1938) never changed.

"I have high hopes of smashing my name into history so violently that it it will take a legendary form...
That goal is the real goal as far as I am concerned.
Things which stand too consistently in my way make me nervous.
It's a pretty big job.
In a hundred years Roosevelt will have been forgotten - which gives some idea of the magnitude of my attempt.

And all this boils and froths inside my head."

Scientologists give a standing ovation to the giant L. Ron Hubbard signature.

Happy Hubbard fan(atic) club members gather beneath the giant LRH monogram.

There's non confidential window dressing and confidential window dressing. Scientologists take it very seriously. Hubbard could change it completely, on a whim, in an instant.

During the mid 1960s, Hubbard, who had previously told Scientologists that "actual GPMs" (which formed over a vast span of time) were "1000 times more powerful" than "implant GPMs" (which were merely a sort of engram), looked at the calendar (He was approaching his mid fifties) and decided his (actual) plan was behind schedule. Practically overnight, with little or no explanation, he dropped actual GPMs and switched to implant GPMs.

He went from the messy and time consuming activity of asking people (for their actual GPMs) to telling people (their implant GPMs). In no uncertain terms, Hubbard became the implanter. Scientologists (except for a few "squirrels") were delighted.

After the 1977 FBI raids, during a period of mental and physical collapse, Hubbard became obsessed with the idea that Dianetics "make Clears," and that "Missions" were "holding onto Clears" (Long story). He, then, told Scientologists that Dianetics made Clears. Almost instantly, virtually all Scientologists agreed, and it became "reality."

Throughout all this, the underlying (behind the window dressing) "real goal," and the general (overarching) plan, or "blueprint," remained unchanged.

He jumped from one thing to the next with very little of the old still relevant to whatever the new was. This is even obvious in the basics where you have tons of techniques that are no longer used.

I agree with HH's post above. LRH's method was to say oh we don't use that anymore, that's old. We have this brand-new technique that produces 500% exteriorization so we don't need that old stuff. Which is kind of funny when you look at Tech Degrades, that's literally the way LRH operated.

I also agree with the posts about training giving stability and making you less tractable, at least as far as Scientology is concerned. Being trained does give you some status within Scientology and that can be dangerous for management. Random Joe becomes disaffected, whatever he's a criminal. Class VIII Joe becomes disaffected, he's still a criminal (obviously) but it's a much bigger PR flap within the church.

The ultimate issue LRH and the Church runs into is that none of it works, none of it produces the gains that were promised/promoted. LRH had to keep jumping to new methods because none of his stuff was working. Does that mean you need to study all the techniques that didn't work? Absolutely not, it's all useless.

Dotey OT

Dis-Membered
There's non confidential window dressing and confidential window dressing. Scientologists take it very seriously. Hubbard could change it completely, on a whim, in an instant.
That confidential window dressing has quite the effect. It's like a seasoning, too much overpowers, but in sci, too much really keeps people attached. I signed many confidentiality bonds which I believe now are void since releases of the materials. But I would talk to people when I knew the supposed "secrets" and see their interest. I was amazed at the effect it had on others, and thought to myself that the effect was interesting, and made it more of a marketing game.

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
There's no point in doing a full chronological study.
For the past 35 years, it's been safe to promote the fact that LRH has been working on "upper
level research" to benefit those who have completed OT VIII. Thirty-five years is about the
same time he spent discovering and refining the current Earth bridge to OT VIII, which is ironic.

Those who have studied the tech a lot -- drunk deep from that spiritual well -- know that the way
LRH researched is that when new discoveries were made at the top of the bridge, he could go
back and modify and streamline the lower levels. Ergo, when he returns from Target II, he may
bring back with him some miraculous new discoveries that could benefit the current crop of pre-OTs
and OT VIIIs. Maybe even a "one-shot Clear OT " process, making the whole project exponentially faster
for all us earth-bound humans.

My point has always been, why struggle on with OT 7? Just save your money and wait for the old man's
return. That's what I'm doing. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

RonIIA4.jpg

guanoloco

As-Wased
Did someone here promote that a chronological study should be done? It is what is currently being done, I think that the basics has that as a method of study. I would have to look back and see what the sales materials state.

BTW, I think that I am mid pts/sp, another run through the student hat, oec 0, advanced procedures and axioms, ED mini hat, there may be others.
Well no wonder you're here.

It's a well known fact that one of the Anti Social attributes is the inability to complete a cycle of action.

Tsk. Tsk.

onceuponatime

I was just posting from the perspective of what the church is currently pushing/promoting. Basics books/lectures are supposed to be done chronologically, same with ACCs. The big thing about the SHSBC is that it is supposed to be a chronological study so that you understand how the tech was developed. Really though you learn how he just jumped from one thing to another. One second we're doing GPMs and the various XX techniques and then that's done and we're onto modern auditing.

I was going to say be careful about posting what courses you're mid, they might track you down, but then I realized all Scientologists are mid at least that many courses. So you should be fine.

IMO, Hubbard had a plan from at least 1938 forward. It had nothing to do with actual spirituality or helping people. It was about power, money, and ego.
I agree with this completely.

For the past 35 years, it's been safe to promote the fact that LRH has been working on "upper
level research" to benefit those who have completed OT VIII. Thirty-five years is about the
same time he spent discovering and refining the current Earth bridge to OT VIII, which is ironic.

Those who have studied the tech a lot -- drunk deep from that spiritual well -- know that the way
LRH researched is that when new discoveries were made at the top of the bridge, he could go
back and modify and streamline the lower levels. Ergo, when he returns from Target II, he may
bring back with him some miraculous new discoveries that could benefit the current crop of pre-OTs
and OT VIIIs. Maybe even a "one-shot Clear OT " process, making the whole project exponentially faster
for all us earth-bound humans.

My point has always been, why struggle on with OT 7? Just save your money and wait for the old man's
return. That's what I'm doing. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
That's a great take. Why even bother with the weak stuff the church currently is delivering.

guanoloco

As-Wased
BREAKING NEWS:

I can't wait for GAT 3 or whatever the hell it is because these misplaced commas are what's stopping planet-wide Clearing!!

Reyne Mayer

Pansexual Revolutionary
Hubbard, who had previously told Scientologists that "actual GPMs" (which formed over a vast span of time) were "1000 times more powerful" than "implant GPMs" (which were merely a sort of engram)
my take is that between that and the 'genetic entity', Hubbard was bumping up against the reality that our brains are wired in some ways for behaviors, instincts, cognitive biases, etc. -- not 'tabla rasa' computers than can just be programmed, and reprogrammed. that inconvenient truth couldn't be harmonized with the main premise of this theories, and also undermined his prime selling point of being able to clear people of unwanted programming in order to leave them completely free.

and, yes, Hubbard became an implanter. Scientology implants false memories of early trauma and past lives, that fit with Hubbard's theories and worldview, including his space opera cosmology -- that's how false memory syndrome works, the 'memories' are generated from imagination, and subconcious cues including often very subtle prompting by the therapist/operator; and it leverages the mind/brain phenomenon that such, actually fresh, 'memories' often seem more vivid and real, than actual memories of things that really happened.

Reyne Mayer

Pansexual Revolutionary
Basically, it is a "research record" of what was in Ron's imagination day to day, week to week.
Or how he felt and what he made up during his self-examinations and flights of fancy, which
changed a helluva lot over the years. Constantly. Sometimes daily.
according to Ava Berner, who along with her husband Charles came up with the concepts for clay demos and study tech, just about everything else Hubbard introduced during the Saint Hill era was the work, or at least ideas, of others, too. the actual multi-source nature of what he was presenting, might account for the seeming inconsistency.

Riddick

I clap to no man
There's no point in doing a full chronological study. Maybe if Scientology were a real subject and research had followed a path then it would make sense. On the BC most of the material is about GPMs and Goals. Of course none of that has any relevance to today's auditing but still that's what you spend most of your time learning about. Then all of a sudden the lectures are over and you move onto more modern techniques. LRH very much did not know what he was doing or have a plan. He jumped from one thing to the next with very little of the old still relevant to whatever the new was. This is even obvious in the basics where you have tons of techniques that are no longer used.

so in other words it was all rhetoric.