What do you make of this?

TheSneakster

The person says that's all he did, and it was twenty-five years ago.

Does any of it ring true to you? The writing is so strange.
My initial (perhaps overly paranoid) take is that the guy is just making it up and is phishing for paid substack subscribers.

Barile

Does any of it ring true to you?
gotta say... the car accident I had in 1989 really changed my life. I always wear my seatbelt now. So there's that.

pineapple

能说的名字不真的名字
It might be legit. I can imagine someone getting that far and liking it. Though at a certain point he decided not to continue, he doesn't say why. He mentions he was already in debt for paying for courses and maybe the sea org interview scared him. Maybe he realized subconsciously that what had been a mostly pleasant experience up to now was about to turn much less pleasant and knew it was best to quit while he was ahead.

I don't recognize the "auditing" he describes where his auditor would snap her fingers and he'd repeat the first word that came into his mind. Doesn't sound like anything we were doing when I was in, more like something from the early days of dns. But I've been out over 40 years so even 25 years ago is long after I left. Does anyone know what he might be talking about here?

As for scn "changing his life" in a positive way ... yeah, I believe that could be true. :hide: I did TR's almost every day for about 6 years, and I definitely think that helped me. I am glad I did that part of it. As for the rest -- study tech, auditing, the purif, etc. -- definitely not. But it could be different in his case.

But I would NEVER recommend scn to ANYONE. This guy got lucky (assuming the story is true), but you probably won't. There's some stuff near the beginning that can be useful, but basically it's a scam that can cost you your money, your sanity, and even your life. Don't do it!

TheSneakster

I don't recognize the "auditing" he describes where his auditor would snap her fingers and he'd repeat the first word that came into his mind.
Flash answer is a technique from DMSMH. Not something any trained Class IV/V auditor would be doing, though.

PirateAndBum

Administrator
Staff member
I seriously doubt that his Purif I/C was a medical doctor.

Interesting that he doesn't have anything to say about why he stopped.

Perhaps his recounting of being recruited for the SO was the beginning of the end. I doubt they stopped trying to recruit him for staff/SO

pineapple

能说的名字不真的名字

TheSneakster

Do they do that in today's "Book One" auditing? (There was no Book One in my day.)
Caveat: My Scientology org first hand knowledge stops at November 2005 when I was declared an SP and expelled. After that, my information is limited to whatever reports have appeared on the Internet. I, of course, have personal contacts who are now ex-members for 2nd hand information and reports.

There is no today's "Book One" auditing. "Book One" is early 1950's theory and techniques. It may only be found in a delivery org's Division VI (Public Division) as a way of introducing brand new people to auditing and would more commonly be used outside the org by Field auditors (DIV VI Field Staff Members) for that purpose.

Division IV (Technical Division) public would never be sold that. The only Dianetics in Div IV is New Era Dianetics (NED) and in rare cases, Expanded Dianetics (XDN).

Book One auditors do not use an E-Meter. NED auditors are required to use an E-Meter by the procedures of NED.

Last edited:

pineapple

能说的名字不真的名字
There is no today's "Book One" auditing. "Book One" is early 1950's theory and techniques. It may only be found in a delivery org's Division VI (Public Division) as a way of introducing brand new people to auditing and would more commonly be used outside the org by Field auditors (DIV VI Field Staff Members) for that purpose.
I realize that "Book One auditing" as done in CoS today is a misnomer: it isn't the same as the dn auditing described in DMSMH and more closely resembles the auditing on the old HDA course (1966-1969) which preceded Standard Dianetics (1969-1978), which preceded NED.

But there is something they CALL "Book One auditing," however inaccurately. And I know it's a Div VI activity, not delivered in the HGC.

So thanks for the clarification, but it doesn't answer my question. Is that finger-snapping, flash answer stuff done in what they now call Book One auditing?

Type4_PTS

The person says that's all he did, and it was twenty-five years ago.

Does any of it ring true to you? The writing is so strange.

I agree the writing IS strange. At first, it did not ring true and just seemed a way to promote Scientology. He even links to a Scientology book on Amazon (Clear Body Clear Mind).

But he also links to the Wikipedia article on "Sea Org" which includes some information about Xenu and some other things that Scientology wouldn't want to promote. If he was a CoS Scientologist and linked to that Wikipedia article he'd be hauled into Ethics so fast his head would spin unless OSA gave up trying to keep all that info off the internet. :D