What do you make of his attitude and writings?

Nosy_Creature

We didn't hear from Suzette personally, but what about Arthur? He painted the original Have You Lived Before This Life book cover, didn't he?

He could have chosen a writer's name without Hubbard but he didn't.

Veda

We didn't hear from Suzette personally, but what about Arthur? He painted the original Have You Lived Before This Life book cover, didn't he?

This is recent, being from a month ago.

"...I have many friends that are members in good standing that have bought paintings from me..."

It appears that Arthur is sincerely wishing to express himself on the topic of Scientology, yet he must be aware that, if he crosses a certain line, he will lose some friends and, perhaps, some patrons.

Before this, the only L. Ron Hubbard offspring to say anything independently, publicly, on the topic of Scientology was L. Ron Hubbard Jr.

Post January 1986, there was a settlement, involving a payment of an undisclosed sum of money, along with the standard gag agreement, to the Hubbard offspring. Are we to assume that Arthur was not gagged?

To indulge in some (perhaps extreme) cynicism, would it be possible that Miscavige has decided it's time to create - or expand - the "I'm not a Scientologist, but..." operation: a collection of people who are former Scientologists and have a (pretty much) positive (yet convincingly independent) or, at least, comfortably neutral, expressed view of the Scientology organization?

Another such person would be the small businessman - Morton Myers - who's currently running for mayor of Clearwater, Florida.

The statements from that aspiring Mayor of Clearwater, and from Arthur, are very different than that of Guy White who is the former husband of Suzette Hubbard.

There's no response (of which I know) to either Morton Myers or Arthur, but there has been a strident response of disapproval from Scientology Inc. to Guy White.

Arthur does seem more authentic than Morton of Clearwater.

I think everyone wishes Arthur well.

Veda

Ya know, you might get more traffic if you changed the title to somethig like Arthur Conway Hubbard Speaks.

Nosy_Creature

"Post January 1986, there was a settlement, involving a payment of an undisclosed sum of money, along with the standard gag agreement, to the Hubbard offspring. Are we to assume that Arthur was not gagged?"

I read on numerous occasion that Mary Sue, Diana, Suzette, and Arthur received some sort of "inheritance" but never that there was a gag agreement. How do we know that?

Arthur wrote that he didn't do the OT levels. Kinda suprising. Did Suzette and Diana do them? What about David Miscavige?