Welcome to the Scientologist visiting here for the first time

Dotey OT

Re-Membered
I have been getting more promo and phone calls lately. The orgs are really outflowing, reaching out to public, especially now.

If you are like me, it became almost impossible to read anything without seeing something negative about scientology.

There is a reason for all of this. Unfortunately the last person to know about scientology is a scientologist. I found this out the hard way. I was pretty gung ho, in for almost thirty years. I won't go into everything, but I was respected within the church.

Keep looking. Look here, but there are also other places to look.

Believe me, if you do you look you will discover that you won't need to pay for the sec checks, if that is what is worrying you. That worried me too. You won't care when you find out.

Good luck!!

Last edited:

Dotey OT

Re-Membered
I can be hopeful that there are people like me that finally felt like I did: I needed to look.

I didn't come here first though. I searched broadly for "current number of scientologists" on the interwebs and found an article that was written by a non-scientologist. The article was enough for me to keep drilling down.

Almost five years out and I haven't stopped drilling down.

PirateAndBum

Administrator
Staff member
I get an email almost every day -- same exact email - telling me to come see the must-see video. Must-see, ha, a lame video about scilons disinfecting stuff to prevent covid. That happened over a year ago. This is all they've got? I can't believe they think emailing their peeps the same stupid invite every couple days is effective marketing.

HelluvaHoax!

I can be hopeful that there are people like me that finally felt like I did: I needed to look. I didn't come here first though. I searched broadly for "current number of scientologists" on the interwebs and found an article that was written by a non-scientologist. The article was enough for me to keep drilling down.

Almost five years out and I haven't stopped drilling down.
Good stuff!

And, unless I am mistaken, drilling down is also the "successful action" of famed international oil tycoon Jed Clampett.

While Mr. Clampett's yield brought him an extra billion dollars, however your yield will be far more valuable---an extra billion years!

Last edited:

Inanna

Arriving fresh from Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon
I’ve heard of a number of Scientologists leaving the cult because of the internet.

Most people do eventually leave. I haven’t quite figured out why the (small percentage of) diehards stay.

Chuck J.

"Austere Religious Scholar"
I’ve heard of a number of Scientologists leaving the cult because of the internet.

Most people do eventually leave. I haven’t quite figured out why the (small percentage of) diehards stay.
If a person stays too long, eventually, they don't have anyone or anywhere to go to. I suspect many old-timers would like to just walk away from the cult but can't for that reason.

marra

There are people in scientology who can't leave because they'd lose their family. I know of a few families where parents, children, aunts, uncles, cousins are all either active in scientology or at least "in good standing". Any member of the family who rocks that boat will lose everything.

Xenu Xenu Xenu

There is no such thing as an "Ethics Condition".

But if you must Scientologist, look at the Doubt Formula and do it honestly and see for yourself. You are not going to like the result. That is when this forum will be of use to you.

Last edited:

Irayam

If a person stays too long, eventually, they don't have anyone or anywhere to go to. I suspect many old-timers would like to just walk away from the cult but can't for that reason.
There are people in scientology who can't leave because they'd lose their family. I know of a few families where parents, children, aunts, uncles, cousins are all either active in scientology or at least "in good standing". Any member of the family who rocks that boat will lose everything.
I agree. This is a major reason why people are unable to leave.
It’s very hard to be alone in the WOG world at the beginning.
Fortunately, things are getting better and better once the person is free again.

La La Lou Lou

There are lots of reasons to stay with something that's destroying you. Women often stay with their abuser. People stay in jobs they hate. People live in areas where there's no jobs or prospects of living a good life, even if there are jobs going a short train ride away.

There's comfort in what you are used to, 'better the devil you know'. Fear of the unknown, it might be worse outside.

In my case I had no money, no where to go to that wasn't family. Even non scientology family, because if I did they would have to choose between me and the culty ones. I couldn't go to social services because I would have to say critical things about the cult and I still had some brainwashing. I already felt surpressive, I didn't want to prove it by speaking out to the authorities. I honestly believed I was evil for wanting my own life in my own terms.

The fact is I couldn't imagine life without the cult, for decades after leaving I couldn't bear living without a cause, just living for my one lifetime not being responsible for the rest of eternity for all people on all planets.

Eventually I found myself again. I got a degree in fine art. I reconnected with my non cult family. I did lots of walking and art making, broke lots of 2D rules and then got married again in my sixties.

As they say nowadays, I'm living my authentic life. I'm not rolling in money but I'm not needing to forage in bins, I can sit on my couch and enjoy watching the birds in the garden and see the seasons change and smell the lilac and compared to the days of sleeping on the floor in an org I am rich beyond measure.

La La Lou Lou

There is no such thing as an "Ethics Condition".

But if you must Scientologist, look at the Doubt Formula and do it honestly and see for yourself. You are not going to like the result. That is where this forum will be of use to you.
I think the doubt formula is possibly the only bit of workable teck in the cult, but no one is ever allowed to honestly follow it. If they did most people would certainly leave. Several times I did the formula knowing that it was actually the worst thing I could do, not just for me but for family, group, mankind etc. It used to worry me, why did I make such a stupid decision? In the end I decided to stop beating myself up, I just wasn't good at standing on my own two feet, and was too afraid to try, weakness yes, but I got there in the end.

Dotey OT

Re-Membered
What is happening right now in orgs is this: The realization that it's not going to be easy to get things going again.

The doubt has to be palpable. They are outflowing, I have been contacted many times. Oops, I am not going back. Neither are a bunch of other people.

There is a group of the "usual suspects" that are making staff everywhere think there is a chance of getting back to "normal," whatever that new normal is.

The new normal is now much smaller.

Smaller than before the basics.

Smaller than before the golden age of tech.

Smaller.

The events that the public go to will misrepresent what is happening.

That is just the tip of the iceberg.

Karakorum

Ron is the source that will lead you to grief
the last person to know about scientology is a scientologist.
Another infinitally quotable quote. Should be put on a shirt or a mug.

Dotey OT

Re-Membered
Speaking to an old friend that is still in today. They are moving to CW this year. Scn schools in the CW area are overcrowded and have waiting lists. She said that there were estimates of 400 families moving to CW since the pandumbic.

Lee #28

Speaking to an old friend that is still in today. They are moving to CW this year. Scn schools in the CW area are overcrowded and have waiting lists. She said that there were estimates of 400 families moving to CW since the pandumbic.
Not that is was stated this way.....but I would not consider this any sort of Scientology expansion....

At best a "consolidation" and more like a shrinking....to one location.

It has to be at least 1/2 to 1/3 the cost to have a home in Clearwater...as it does in LA.

Those that want to stay in the bubble.....and can't or don't want to mingle with wogs. Why not move to a Scientology area....?

And as stated above....with all the "entheta" and bad PR and News about Scientology....perhaps the bubble is not what it use to be?

Bill

I predicted, several years ago, that, with the collapse of Scientology, there would be a consolidation into Clearwater. I thought there might be a bit of consolidation into L.A. as well -- but California isn't doing very well, so Florida looks better.

As far as I'm concerned, this movement to Clearwater is verification that Scientology is truly collapsing.

Dotey OT

Re-Membered
I was just passing along the data and thought it interesting. The couple are both young (To Me) and have a young child. Some others I know have kept and rented their home here and are moving to CW to do bridge, but the majority have decided to live in CW close to flag. Scientology City USA.