Welcome to Ex Scientologist Message Board Redux

AlphOhm

You are welcome. My pleasure. Standards must be upheld. :)

The English language is under major evolution (or devolution depending on how is it viewed) due to technology. I have noticed that text language is now in verbal use. I.e. "I went to a great party at the weekend. Jo was so I funny I was lol'ing the whole night. You should have seen what Jim was wearing. OMG." And my experience with that type of thing is not just with young people. Folk in their 50's will say stuff like that depending on their level of exposure to computer/phone technology.

I think the world has been full of crappy spellers for longer than this modern computer technology has been around. I remember back in the late 1700's when I was at school, some kids in my classes had atrocious spelling. Me? I have always loved words and was good(ish) at spelling. I am more aware of awful spelling because it is streaming into my phone/computer. My point being is we are being more exposed to a much larger sector of population using written language. If that makes sense.

I have noticed that Americans are still spelling words like "organizsation" wrong. What is with that "z" spelling? I keep meaning to do a bit of research on it but haven't got around to it. And "flavour" is not spelt "flavor". Jeez! Then things get really personal, & complicated, when someone thinks I am British because I spell words correctly. I am not British, I am from the colonies New Zealand. :eyeroll: :)

Your kind wastes ink and electrons on vowels.

Dotey OT

Re-Membered
Hey, any of you guys know about some religion called Scientology? I have a friend that has been talking to me about it. I've been looking for some way to have a VERY SUPER WEIRD thirty years, this may be just the thing.

I figure I would like to lose a job, lose all my friends, get divorced, sink about $ 500,000.00 into it, make $ 2,000 per year while working for it, have people use some weird rituals on my psyche after being trained for only a wee little bit of hours, to try to be made stupid from stupid ideas and partially insane by auditing, to have no toilet paper, to be made to do things beneath what dignity I have left, to be yelled at by people that weren't qualified to sell lemonade, and to require some severely rigorous soul searching after I leave it?

Nah, I think I will be a moonie.

O

Out Ethics

Hey, any of you guys know about some religion called Scientology? I have a friend that has been talking to me about it. I've been looking for some way to have a VERY SUPER WEIRD thirty years, this may be just the thing.

I figure I would like to lose a job, lose all my friends, get divorced, sink about $ 500,000.00 into it, make $ 2,000 per year while working for it, have people use some weird rituals on my psyche after being trained for only a wee little bit of hours, to try to be made stupid from stupid ideas and partially insane by auditing, to have no toilet paper, to be made to do things beneath what dignity I have left, to be yelled at by people that weren't qualified to sell lemonade, and to require some severely rigorous soul searching after I leave it?

Nah, I think I will be a moonie.
That was awesome. You just wrote the introduction to the new book getting published. I edited it a little for certainty and knowingness sake.

" WHAT IS SCIENTOLOGY ? "

Introduction:

If you, as a spiritual being, are curious as to how you can improve conditions in your life and reach levels of awareness of Homo Novus using Scientology and would like to lose a job, lose all of your friends, get divorced, sink about $ 500,000.00 to MILLIONS into it, go into debt never experienced by Homo Sap before, make $ 2,000 per year while working for it, have people use some weird rituals on my psyche after being trained for only a wee little bit of hours, to be made stupid from stupid ideas and go partially insane from auditing, to have no toilet paper, to be made to do things beneath what dignity I have left, to be yelled at by people that weren't qualified to sell lemonade, and to require some severely rigorous soul searching after I leave it ??? Welcome to 'What is Scientology" :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Dotey OT

Re-Membered
That was awesome. You just wrote the introduction to the new book getting published. I edited it a little for certainty sake.

" WHAT IS SCIENTOLOGY ? "

Introduction:

If you, as a spiritual being, are curious as to how you can improve conditions in your life and reach levels of awareness of Homo Novus using Scientology and would like to lose a job, lose all of your friends, get divorced, sink about $ 500,000.00 to MILLIONS into it, go into debt never experienced by Homo Sap before, make $ 2,000 per year while working for it, have people use some weird rituals on my psyche after being trained for only a wee little bit of hours, to try to be made stupid from stupid ideas and go partially insane from auditing, to have no toilet paper, to be made to do things beneath what dignity I have left, to be yelled at by people that weren't qualified to sell lemonade, and to require some severely rigorous soul searching after I leave it ???
Well, Welcome to What is Scientology. :cool:
Love it!!!

Catechism question # 1. Is Scientology a Religion?

Answer:
You bet it is!! It was started out as a response to the fact that the founder L. Ron Hubbard, the author of the book Dianetics (Cue Jeff Pomerantz) lost the rights to his main money maker. He had to do something in a scramble to make as much money for himself as possible. We have managed to have many religious scholars to say that it is, only cost us peanuts, plus some people are pretty gullible. We've managed to blackmail and coerce many countries to state that we are really a religion. So of course, you will believe governments, and these smart people won't you?

O

Out Ethics

Love it!!!

Catechism question # 1. Is Scientology a Religion?

Answer:
You bet it is!! It was started out as a response to the fact that the founder L. Ron Hubbard, the author of the book Dianetics (Cue Jeff Pomerantz) lost the rights to his main money maker. He had to do something in a scramble to make as much money for himself as possible. We have managed to have many religious scholars to say that it is, only cost us peanuts, plus some people are pretty gullible. We've managed to blackmail and coerce many countries to state that we are really a religion. So of course, you will believe governments, and these smart people won't you?
After the Introduction

Is Scientology a Religion?

Catechism questions:

How did Scientology obtain the tax exempt status of a Religion?

WHAT IS RELIGIOUS CLOAKING and how does Scientology us it?

How did Scientology use the Religious Cloak to hide its crimes and amass BILLIONS of dollars while Scientologists pay for auditing and training services rendered by staff members who don't get paid?

Last edited by a moderator:

freethinker

Controversial