'We Stand Tall', sung by upper management, 1990

Veda

In 1988 David Miscavige, after raiding Pat Broeker's residence at the secret Hubbard ranch, discovered
there were no more
upper OT levels, and thus no bridge to OT.

Miscavige had a choice: Inform Scientologists of this, or lie to Scientologists. He chose to lie.

By 1990 a video had been produced to boost morale: "WE STAND TALL!"

Scientologists, trapped on a treadmill to nowhere would, at least, be proud.

Feel free to sing along!

Enthetan

Veteran of the Psychic Wars
In 1988 David Miscavige, after raiding Pat Broeker's residence at the secret Hubbard ranch, discovered
there were no more

Miscavige had a choice: Inform Scientologists of this, or lie to Scientologists. He chose to lie.

Feel free to sing along!
Oh God, that brings back memories.

Around 1980 or so, when I was at Flag Bureau, there was a CMO mission by Captain Bill Robertson to "get us sorted out"

One of the things he did was to have us do songs. Then a tape of the songs was sent to each FOLO (regional management group, for never-in lurkers). It was embarrassing.

He-man

Hero extraordinary

Around 1980 or so, when I was at Flag Bureau, there was a CMO mission by Captain Bill Robertson to "get us sorted out"

One of the things he did was to have us do songs. Then a tape of the songs was sent to each FOLO (regional management group, for never-in lurkers). It was embarrassing.
How very theta of him. LOL!

PirateAndBum

Administrator
Staff member
there were no more

Feel free to sing along!
I just noticed... WTF is that image on DM's shirt? Is that a wolf taking a piss or a wolf ripping someone's throat out?

Glenda

Dear @PirateAndBum and other interested parties (probably those that were made was made to sing "we stand tall" at staff musters but not limited to these people),

I would like serious consideration to be given to reprimanding @He-man for posting the "thank you for listening" video. There are some lines that should not be crossed and this is one of them. This song (& one can only call it a song very loosely) is an international assault on the senses. I had high hopes that my reading experience on this new board would be comfortable and gentle. Currently I am feeling anything but comfortable or gentle. :dramaqueen:

I realise it could be said I should not have clicked on the start button to the video. I honestly don't know what came over me. A misguided reach for a bit of nostalgia? Or some unhealed kernel of madness? Whatever it was I am now not feeling too good. :melodramatic:

May I take this opportunity to suggest a punishment for He-man? Don't answer that, I will anyway. Sleep deprivation-based, I think he should be assigned the duties of the in-house spell-checker and grammar fixer. For about, say, 48 hours, non-stop. This is a win-win for all. We get a neat and tidy board and He-man will be held accountable for assaulting the auditory senses of this international community.

Thanking you in advance for your prompt attention to this most serious (not) issue.

Kind regards
Glenda

lotus

Gone away from madness!

Is that you singing Capt Bill's song Enthetan???

lotus

Gone away from madness!
L
I just noticed... WTF is that image on DM's shirt? Is that a wolf taking a piss or a wolf ripping someone's throat out?
Someone has told the story ( Mike Rinder if memory serves) that little Davey had bought this designer shirt and it was mandatory that he was to wear his innapropriate designer shirt for the video recording so every viewer see his beautiful shirt.

lotus

Gone away from madness!
Also,

Obviously you are all nattering because you haven't been invited to sing

Hey lolle la...we stand tall...hey lolle la we stand tall....

Last edited:

kaiser

I've never seen the SNL version, thank you for posting : )))

When I first saw/heard We stand all, I loved it. I was feeling so empowered, those were emotional times : )

Veda

I've never seen the SNL version, thank you for posting : )))

When I first saw/heard We stand all, I loved it. I was feeling so empowered, those were emotional times : )
Here's some background.

In 1988, David Miscavige had Hubbard's ranch - where "First Loyal Officer" Pat Broeker was residing, supposedly with Hubbard's many unreleased upper OT levels - raided, and found no more OT levels.

Miscavige had a decision to make: 1) Tell the truth to Scientologists, that there are no more OT levels and, thus, no "Bridge" to OT, or 2) Conceal what he had discovered and continue forwarding the falsehood that there are many more OT levels ultimately leading to the state of OT. He chose to lie and conceal.

Part of the concealment was distracting Scientologists with other things.

This thread from old ESMB is packed with information on this:

LRH death event Pat Broeker | Page 5 | Ex Scientologist Message Board

I'll have a stab at doing so:
  1. Shelly Miscavige - believed to be at CST Twin Peaks
  2. Ray Mithoff - believed imprisoned at Gold
  3. Marc Yager - believed imprisoned at Gold
  4. Mark Ingber - believed imprisoned at Gold
  5. Mike Rinder - fled the cult in 2007, now a leading cult critic and TV star :D
  6. David Miscavige - evil bastard
  7. Heber Jentzsch - believed imprisoned at Gold
  8. Greg Wilhere - believed imprisoned at Gold (according to Rinder, Wilhere was in The Hole)
  9. Mark Rathbun - escaped in 2004, now back shilling for the cult
  10. Guillaume Lesevre - believed imprisoned at Gold
L

Someone has told the story ( Mike Rinder if memory serves) that little Davey had bought this designer shirt and it was mandatory that he was to wear his innapropriate designer shirt for the video recording so every viewer see his beautiful shirt.
Apparently it was an Hermes sweater which he insisted on wearing to make him stand out, and I agree, it's vile (not that Ray Mithoff's sweater was much nicer). This was said by Mark Fisher when the SNL parody aired:

All of RTC, CMO International Management and the Exec Strata were brought to the LRH Music Studio to record the chorus and film what you see in the video. We were told to wear nice casual sweaters if I recall. Miscavige of course wanted to stand out so wore that hideous Hermes shirt. The key executives of Scientology Management were all positioned in the front row, and you know how you ranked in the hierarchy based on your position in the video. I was in the second row and you can see my head behind Marc Yager’s. Miscavige is standing on an “apple box” because he is so short. An apple box is a wooden box used in movies to make short actors look taller when shot from the waist up.

Karakorum

Ron is the source that will lead you to grief
Many people in this vid stand tall. Yet Dave still stands short.

Dark

Did anyone ever, just backhand the little twerp. Sure, they would get "declared" and banished and all that. But did some normal person ever just lose their temper and slap the boy?