Was LRH CIA?

Karen#1

This CIA nonsense has continued to be linked to the SCN cult.
I expect this to be a real irritant and annoyance to those in CIA.

When the Apollo got stoned by an angry mob in a Portugese port called Funchal in Madeira, people were hurt, motorcycles and cars were upturned and dumped into the water off the dock…the mob was scary. Throwing large rocks and stones from the inside of a taxi cab that was loaded floor to roof with rocks. The Medical Officer Kima Dunleavy (Douglas) got her jaw broken by a rock.

And the mod were chanting CIA ! CIA ! CIA !

Someone had spread the rumor that the Apollo was staffed with CIA.

Laughter.

The_Fixer

I remember when wacko enthusiastic Scieno cult cheerleaders were telling me that Fatboy Ron had been given a title by the Pope. I don't know if this was an attempt to start a rumour which would hopefully stick as the truth within Scientology circles, or just the typical insane shit that the "uptone" Scientologists always get up to.
There's a story behind that.
When the Pope met him, he said "Jesus Christ, who let this turkey in?"

In typical Scientology fashion, they cropped the sentence in half and kept the first bit.

No wonder LRH started calling himself Mettaya.....

True story that,,,,,, not.

Riddick

I clap to no man
Hubbard managed to amass a large lot of money, how does one explain that?

Reyne Mayer

Pansexual Revolutionary
Hubbard managed to amass a large lot of money, how does one explain that?
get modest amounts of money from large numbers of people, and eventually you've got real money. in its heyday scientology seems have been based on high turnover, and maybe had something like a quarter of a million people go through its doors during Hubbard's lifetime.

now they get large amounts of money from a modest number of people, from what i figure as much as a third to a half of a lot of members' income. you can see pretty clearly how that eventually amounts to billions, also no cloak-and-dagger required.

Reyne Mayer

Pansexual Revolutionary
You must be kidding.
Does an affiliate of the CIA need to send his wife to break into the IRS?
good point!

the thing i'm starting to realize about these sort of theories, is that while they may be elaborate and even form relatively compelling narratives, they don't make sense if you really think them through -- like the practical implications, such as that.

Riddick

I clap to no man
get modest amounts of money from large numbers of people, and eventually you've got real money. in its heyday scientology seems have been based on high turnover, and maybe had something like a quarter of a million people go through its doors during Hubbard's lifetime.

now they get large amounts of money from a modest number of people, from what i figure as much as a third to a half of a lot of members' income. you can see pretty clearly how that eventually amounts to billions, also no cloak-and-dagger required.
you explained the outcome but not the cause of how he did it.

The how is explained here more or less, for education purposes.

How to Seduce Your Audience: Rhetoric in Marketing (fiftyfiveandfive.com)

Hubbard made his money thru monetizing his rhetoric words and he did it thru his rhetoric books and lectures. You could also say Hubbard collected tithe's for his writings and lectures, that is Hubbard collected 10% commission for everything he published or copyrighted.

DM has made money monetizing scientology as a religion thru the IAS were whales donate millions, they too have been duped.