"Warrior" Mark Plummer & Wife In Dire Need of a Helping Hand

Free to shine

Smelling the roses
Fundraiser for Mark Plummer (Mark is a member here)

With a heavy heart, we are reaching out to our communities to ask for help for my friend, Mark “Warrior” Plummer, who is in great need of helping hands at this time. He and his wife, Donna, miraculously survived a horrific car accident last week, but with a total loss of their car and no insurance to cover it. This disaster happened right around the time Mark was diagnosed with prostate cancer. We often wonder how life can go from bad to worse, and hope things like this don’t happen to us personally. But it has happened to Mark and Donna, so I’m hoping you will consider helping them with any size donation to help them get a car and to bring relief for these circumstances.

Mark’s friends know him to be the kind of man who has dedicated the past 24 years of his life to helping others in the Scientology critic community, providing his services to everyone and anyone who needed his help—from journalists exposing Scientology to attorneys representing victims litigating against Scientology, to TV shows such as Leah and Mike’s Aftermath. Overall, Mark has easily put in more than 25,000 hours exposing the con and helping victims of the cult, all as a giving and caring person who, with very few exceptions, has not asked to be paid for any of his services provided at his own expense. Below is a list of the many significant projects that I consider to be pretty jaw-dropping, to which he has contributed. There are also links to pages where you can learn more about him. I’m hoping that those of you who don’t know him or the contributions he’s made that may have affected your life or the lives of people you care about, will also consider helping him at this time.

Their car accident was caused by fog when their car hit a concrete median and rolled multiple times, landing upside down. Miraculously, Donna was not injured, and Mark suffered minor injuries from crawling out the windows across broken glass. Their Subaru saved their lives (despite it being a 2002 with 300,000 miles on it), but the car is totaled beyond repair. Due to Mark’s extremely modest social security income, their limited car insurance does not cover this accident. Mark (68) and Donna (past retirement age) are now without a car or the means to rent one, pay for Uber or Lyft rides, or buy a new one. Donna runs a housecleaning service in Austin, TX, but has no transportation to get to work. Her income will be impossible to maintain without a car.

Mark and Donna are in dire need of a helping hand right now. I believe that many caring people out there could help prevent these horrendous circumstances in their lives from getting worse. Maybe someone in the Austin area would donate a car to them. Will you please consider contributing with some kind of a financial donation to the Go Fund Me to help them turn this situation around?

Thank you so much.

- Karen Pressley and Friends of Mark Plummer

Last edited:

cakemaker

Thanks Glenda.
Maybe there's someone in the area who has a car that they're not using.
Karen or Jeffrey may know someone.

Karen#1

Mark Plummer lives in Austin, Texas not Los Angeles, in any case we do not have *spare* cars or know of spare cars in Austin.

Last edited:

Warrior

Thanks so very much to everyone who has helped so far. My wife and I truly appreciate everyone's kindness
and generosity. We have received contributions from fifty six individuals so far. We are 30% of the way towards
reaching our goal, so we still have a long way to go. Every bit helps.

Thanks again so much. Love, Mark and Donna

20080715.jpg