UrqBones - Kenneth Urquhart

Dave

https://www.dhamma.org
I've recently updated Ken's site as his old one expired. This is valuable historical information as well as insight into Ron.

Ken worked very closely with LRH and his family and has great stories and a well considered personal view on Ron and working with him and for him.

I've left the comments as they were on the original site as there was a lot of good discussion by old timers and players, but the comments are not active.

Let me know if you find any glitches on the site or If you have any recommendations.

Thanks!

TheSneakster

Well, the Usual Suspects will be here (on this thread) to trash-talk Ken Urquhart any minute. :mad:

Veda

After reading the first 3 items at the URL (then stopped at that point):
Where, how, and why did Kenneth Urquhart learn to use confusion techniques?
Perhaps you should explain what confusion technique is.

My recollection of these articles, some of which I read years ago, is that Urquhart begins rationally, only to become triggered and become irrational.

Hubbard depicted himself as man's man, who was light as a feather but could handle himself in a physical fight, if the going got tough.

Urquhart also depicted Hubbard as having enormous "theta endowment.."

This is what Hubbard told people and Urquhart bought it.

When he was in his less than rational states, he regarded Hubbard much like a five year old would regard his dad.

The Scientology implant: "LRH = SURVIVAL/Pleasure" kicked in and took him over.

ILove2Lurk

AI Chatbot
If you have any recommendations
Since you asked. :whistle:

The image of dead animal bones is not an inviting welcome. Repulsive to me, actually.

Being honest, i stopped right there and left.

Bad "positioning," IMO, but maybe I'm not the right audience, LOL.

Most people, especially women, will not like this.

There's my survey answer. :coolwink:

Enthetan

Veteran of the Psychic Wars
Still, it's valuable to keep Ken's viewpoints up.

onceuponatime

I'd read some of this years ago. Tried to read it again but I can't really. I have no issues with keeping his material up and I think it is something that has some value. But it's obvious that he was caught up in the spell of Hubbard and never saw past that. I'm not going to try and figure out why nor do I really care.

"There is no one of sufficient stature on this planet to stand in judgement of L. Ron Hubbard." Ken Urquhart, from IVy magazine.

Anyone who makes that statement is not someone whose opinion I'm going to value highly or treat as an objective opinion.

ILove2Lurk

AI Chatbot
Trivia . . .

Ken Urquhart, LRH's butler and confidant, informally chatted during a 2009
speaking engagement in Moscow with the indie field. From an audio recording:

"I once asked LRH on the ship, how many OT levels he had researched.​
And he said, I think it was 86. That was in, ahhh, early seventies."​
To the best of my recollection, he was field auditing in 2009
and probably promoting his services among the Russki indies.

Last edited:

Dave

After reading the first 3 items at the URL (then stopped at that point):
Where, how, and why did Kenneth Urquhart learn to use confusion techniques?
Don't get your meaning. That is a link to much earlier writings on the IVY list and magazine. How are you confused by it? Much of the rebuttal material parallels the more recent UrqBones material..

And I put it there, not Ken, so I'd like to know. Have I put material up in a way that is confusing? Or is the data contradictory in some way..

??

:)

Dave

Since you asked. :whistle:

The image of dead animal bones is not an inviting welcome. Repulsive to me, actually.

Being honest, i stopped right there and left.

Bad "positioning," IMO, but maybe I'm not the right audience, LOL.

Most people, especially women, will not like this.

There's my survey answer. :coolwink:

Noted. Thanks!

I guess I need to re-survey for buttons!

But then is not the whole scientology experience metaphorically now a bunch of old dead bones?

I selected the photo, not Ken BTW. If I get more negative comments on the image I'll probably change it, but to me it jumped up and said "sifting through old bones", the sort of feel of the content.

Dave

Scientology may increasingly resemble old dead bones. That doesn't mean that people, especially women, are not repelled by death and old bones.
"I used to be disgusted. Now I try to be amused"

Perhaps me as well..

I've had several deaths in my family in the last year and I may be numb to the horror. But bones can also be relics, and tools, and inspire people by their representation. I've seen Saint Peters bones underneath the Vatican, a moving experience, yet also a grim reminder of the fate of us all.

I don't think gender is a reason to be particularly repelled by death and bones though. We all are.