Upcoming Surgery

TheSneakster

This is to let you all know that I have been scheduled for surgery on this coming Oct 7th to remove a fairly large (10cm or so) lipoma (fatty tumor) from my back (between the right shoulder blade and the spine).

This thing has been developing over time since 1995, when I was a prisoner of sorts in the PAC Base galley dishland. I went to lift a full milk crate of ceramic dinner plates and slipped on the greasy floor. My efforts to remain upright and also not drop the crate resulted in some kind of popping noise and considerable pain in the area where that tumor is now.

Anyway, I am letting you all know about this because any surgery which involves anesthesia is potentially life threatening. So, if I cease making annoying posts here after Oct 7th, something bad happened and I did not rage quit. One or two genuine OSA minions are likely to wish me dead, but that is on them, not me.

Therefore, I need to say this now, while I still can: despite the considerable unpleasantness between myself and a few of the regulars here, I bear no real ill will towards anyone here and never have.

I will post an update [on the surgery outcome] after I am sufficiently recovered from surgery. Otherwise, good luck to all of you taking down David "Darth Midget" Miscavige.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 51

This is to let you all know that I have been scheduled for surgery on this coming Oct 7th to remove a fairly large (10cm or so) lipoma (fatty tumor) from my back (between the right shoulder blade and the spine).

This thing has been developing over time since 1995, when I had a was a prisoner of sorts in the PAC Base galley dishland. I went to lift a full milk crate of ceramic dinner plates and slipped on the greasy floor. My efforts to remain upright and also not drop the crate resulted in some kind of popping noise and considerable pain in the area where that tumor is now.

Anyway, I am letting you all know about this because any surgery which involves anesthesia is potentially life threatening. So, if I cease making annoying posts here after Oct 7th, something bad happened and I did not rage quit. One or two genuine OSA minions are likely to wish me dead, but that is on them, not me.

Therefore, I need to say this now, while I still can: despite the considerable unpleasantness between myself and a few of the regulars here, I bear no real ill will towards anyone here and never have.

I will post an update after I am sufficiently recovered from surgery. Otherwise, good luck to all of you taking down David "Darth Midget" Miscavige.
I’m sorry to hear about your surgery, Hobbs, but glad you will get such an important health issue handled and wish you a top notch surgery with no complications and an easy, fast recovery. I’m sending prayers and good thoughts. My best wishes to you! I’m pming you. Hugs! 🤗

mimsey borogrove

This thing has been developing over time since 1995, when I had a was a prisoner of sorts in the PAC Base galley dishland. I went to lift a full milk crate of ceramic dinner plates and slipped on the greasy floor. My efforts to remain upright and also not drop the crate resulted in some kind of popping noise and considerable pain in the area where that tumor is now.

I will post an update after I am sufficiently recovered from surgery. Otherwise, good luck to all of you taking down David "Darth Midget" Miscavige.
Looking it up, you should recover easily. Best of luck. Mimsey

The_Fixer

Bent in all sorts of ways..

Best Wishes mate.

Look after yourself and I'm pretty sure we'll see you around here again soon enough.

freethinker

Controversial

Good luck.

The_Fixer

Bent in all sorts of ways..

Forgot to mention we can blame the drugs if you come back speaking all weird..

Irayam

Good luck with this surgery. There is no reason for things to go wrong.

TheSneakster

Thank you all for the well wishes.

I seem to have given some of you the mistaken impression I won't be posting or commenting until after the surgery. I only meant to explain what happened in the event of my disappearance from the ESMBR after it.

I should add that I may not be able to type much for a while without pain even assuming the surgery is successful due to the location of and size of the expected surgical wound. Yeah, I may be on strong pain killers for a bit after. I'm not a fan of them, either.

D

Deleted member 51

I seem to have given some of you the mistaken impression I won't be posting or commenting until after the surgery. I only meant to explain what happened in the event of my disappearance from the ESMBR after it.

I should add that I may not be able to type much for a while without pain even assuming the surgery is successful due to the location of and size of the expected surgical wound. Yeah, I may be on strong pain killers for a bit after. I'm not a fan of them, either.
Thanks, Hobbs. 😊

You might want to practice using the verbal commands on your phone in case that might happen.

freethinker

Controversial

Get a voice activated program.

Karakorum

Ron is the source that will lead you to grief

This thing has been developing over time since 1995, when I was a prisoner of sorts in the PAC Base galley dishland. I went to lift a full milk crate of ceramic dinner plates and slipped on the greasy floor. My efforts to remain upright and also not drop the crate resulted in some kind of popping noise and considerable pain in the area where that tumor is now.

I will post an update [on the surgery outcome] after I am sufficiently recovered from surgery. Otherwise, good luck to all of you taking down David "Darth Midget" Miscavige.
Sorry to hear about the medical issues, I wish you the best of luck and a speedy recovery.

LaffyHypnotizedMe

Good luck Michael. I wish you a speedy recovery.

TheSneakster

An update:

So I had to go for pre-Op consultation with the anesthesiologist today at LA County - USC Medical Center.

Short version: Surgery will have to be rescheduled until sometime after I complete a 3 week long EKG with a wearable monitor starting in November. I was truly hoping to get this lump removed this week. :(

Again, thanks for all the well wishes.

lotus

Gone away from madness!
Good luck Michael.
Wishing you the surgery is performed very soon as well as a full recovery.
🌹

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 51

An update:

So I had to go for pre-Op consultation with the anesthesiologist today at LA County - USC Medical Center.

Short version: Surgery will have to be rescheduled until sometime after I complete a 3 week long EKG with a wearable monitor starting in November. I was truly hoping to get this lump removed this week. :(

Again, thanks for all the well wishes.
I’m so sorry to hear your surgery was postponed. It’s awful to wait on something like that. :(

I’m glad, though, that your doctors are taking adequate precautions for your safety and well-being.