Underground Bunker Thread

Enthetan

Veteran of the Psychic Wars
I expect the entire staff is either in "The Hole" (if Sea Org) or has walked away over not getting paid (if non-Scn) or has walked away because of incessant demands by Miscavige to fix/change this-and-that (for no extra money for all that extra work)

Type4_PTS

I expect the entire staff is either in "The Hole" (if Sea Org) or has walked away over not getting paid (if non-Scn) or has walked away because of incessant demands by Miscavige to fix/change this-and-that (for no extra money for all that extra work)
Miscavige can't help himself from micromanaging these types of things. He did that with the Battlefield Earth movie and we see how that all turned out. :D

The non-Scientologist staff members I'm sure all signed NDA's. If any of them left we may not hear a peep out of them.

PirateAndBum

Administrator
Staff member
With all the printing capabilities they have at Bridge, why would they use non-SO people?

They just don't have a hobby-horse to ride. Probably working on assembling a special issue for Valarie

Enthetan

With all the printing capabilities they have at Bridge, why would they use non-SO people?
They have tons of equipment.

Do they still have enough people who know how to do magazine layout and composition in a professional manner, who would pass Miscavige's standards?

Out Ethics

Underground Bunker Thread

Scientology’s expensive crew of former journalists hasn’t put out a magazine in a year

By Tony Ortega | September 30, 2019

I believe that David Miscavige is in fear now and is hiding. Miscavige knows the end is near. His stats have completely crashed.
Karma will be kicking some serious ass, tiny as it may be.

cleared cannibal

If asked they say will with Scn TV it is no longer necessary. Reaching many more with and the magazine redundant. This is what I heard from a staff member anyway.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat

Printing a magazine is one thing. Writing the content is another.

There's always been a scarcity of SO members who could write. Even when I was in the Sea Org in the 1980s and 1990s, they were always looking for people to write for Freedom and other publications.

That's one of the major reasons why Danny Sherman was made the writer for the LRH bio, and then for other things. He was never in the Sea Org. However, he was a professional writer. (He wrote spy novels.)

With so many of the current Sea Org being children of Sea Org members, it wouldn't surprise me if a lot of them are illiterate. Kids of SO members don't generally get much of an actual education, unfortunately. So, the percentage of Sea Org members who can actually compose a paragraph may be even lower than it was thirty years ago.

Enthetan

If asked they say will with Scn TV it is no longer necessary. Reaching many more with and the magazine redundant. This is what I heard from a staff member anyway.
Lots of magazines and newspapers are finding paper versions are no longer cost-effective, and going web-only.

Type4_PTS

Lots of magazines and newspapers are finding paper versions are no longer cost-effective, and going web-only.
In the case of Co$, their magazines were probably never cost-effective.

Maybe they figured that out after 65+ years. :unsure:

If they used the money they spent on sending magazines to people who had zero interest in Scientology and instead used it towards paying staff, their organizations would probably have been a bit more stable.

Last edited:

Lulu Belle

Moonbat

Is that actually the current thought? Did you actually hear that from someone who is currently on staff?

If so, I wonder if they've stopped sending out all that bulk mail.

That would be interesting.

triumph

Rizza Islam was also arrested for contempt

see Tonys update

more coming:

see Jeffrey’s full report, read more @ Bunker

Hanan Islam was arrested for contempt of court after she persisted in arguing with Judge Pastor after he had ordered her to remain silent. The Bailiff ordered everyone to clear the courtroom immediately and so I did not witness the arrest. When court reconvened, it was learned that Rizza Islam had also been arrested for contempt of court.

UPDATE: Jeffrey says that the judge gave Hanan and Rizza five days in jail and fines of $1,000 each for contempt of court. But he might let them go on their own recognizance since they showed contrition.

UPDATE: After the lunch break, the four defendants who showed up today (Hanan, her daughters Zakiyyah and Nimat, and her son Rizza), all asked to dismiss their attorneys and represent themselves pro per. All were denied by the judge except for Nimat, who agreed to sign the necessary waiver. But it means

UPDATE:

UPDATE, 6:15 pm Eastern: Jeffrey has given us a taste of the kind of evidence the state is putting on the record today, evidence that should shake the city of Los Angeles, if its media bothered to look into it: The courtroom just heard about “Suite F,” a room at the World Literacy Crusade (the place that housed the Narconon scam run by the Islams) which housed the operation’s “ghost writers.”

Last edited:

He-man

Hero extraordinary
Only had time to read the factual history 11-70 but wow! I really hope she can stick it to the Miscabbage!