Truths about Nxivm leader Keith Raniere that his loyalists still refuse to face

Karen#1

EXCERPT from blog:
Dianne Lipson covered the Nxivm federal trial for us last year with detailed reports from the courtroom. In part, we wanted to watch the Nxivm prosecution closely to give us a sense for what it was like in case Scientology ever, someday, gets a close look by the government. And now that Keith Raniere has been sentenced, we wanted to get Dianne’s thoughts about it.

I was not able to be in court Tuesday to see Keith Raniere sentenced to 120 years in prison. Like many Nxivm observers, I knew this outcome could happen, but it’s still hard to process a sentence that is longer than a life. Federal prisoners are required to serve 85 percent of their sentence. Effectively, Raniere’s sentence is no less than 102 years.

In an interview with Frank Parlato, Raniere’s lawyer Mark Agnifilo said, “Cami’s gonna be it. She’s gonna take the house down.” He added, “I don’t want to get too much into the reason why, you know, I advise Keith, but I mean, assuming Cami is going to come to court, and she’s going to say, ‘This is what happened. I was 15. And he took pictures of me,’ I said [to Keith], ‘This is the worst possible time for us to bring up a tampering [motion]. You know, the allegation [of tampering] is right after Cami said, ‘It’s seared in my brain. He took pictures of me, I’ll never forget it’.”