Tony Robbins is selling "clearing"?

Hatshepsut

I didn't bother to record the 3rd video but the first two are good.

Yeah, I did laugh at the offer to have "Tony in you pocket". My memories are there too. But, they meant, "all past episodes within reach"

Isaac

many years before I got trapped in Scientology, I had done some stuff with EST and tony robbins and actually achieved some self awareness that assisted me in making changes for my life that overall helped me
my life improved and I was responsible for making the changes and utilizing more self-discipline
it was all good
never regreted any of it

the money and time spent was valuable to me
I did not find the fees excessive or the time spent a waste
I could walk away and not be shunned, attacked or harrassed and no one cared if I was in or out
they were a little bit culty but not like Scientology

Scientology is FRAUD
Scientology was a complete and utter rip off and did me and my family irrepable harm
the money and time spent was a complete and utter waste
I learned nothing new that helped me achieve my dreams
in fact, it destroyed my dreams and shattered my family

I lost my identity and took on the identity of a radical cult member
cringe
hypnosis and mind control work when standardly applied via El Ron's tech

Scientology is undeniably evil and must be destroyed

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

"Success stories"? I think I'll pass.

For some reason it appears I have an engram related to groups of people publicly reciting their success stories in an organized manner.
That's not at all what was done in the webinar. When I have time I'll post details about it.

I think I have another engram related to people selling their lectures and courses on the mysteries of life and general wisdom.

I wonder where I got these engrams from? :p
I don't find anything wrong with people wishing to impart their knowledge and wisdom to others, whether by books or seminars.

And I don't view it as a crime to make money doing so.

For sure, some people are con artists and/or would-be cult leaders. I don't feel that that is the case with Tony Robbins.

Speaking seriously, I don't think Tony Robbins is an abusive cult leader by any stretch of the imagination. But these sort of motivational life-coachy stuff feels a tad too culty for me at this point.
I began watching his webinar series the other day, figuring I'd give him 15 mins and see what he had to say. I was curious as to whether I recognized anything Scientology related concepts in what he was presenting. I ended up watching about 11 hours of content so far over the past 4 days. I'll post a review maybe when I have time, but I have a generally overall very positive impression of what he's doing, and am convinced that he continues to do this type of work as he truly is about serving others. He certainly doesn't need the money. He has 105 companies that generate about 7 billion dollars/year in revenue, so he's doing OK in that regard, and could have comfortably retired decades ago had he wanted to do so.

Type4_PTS

The first two days of this seminar are really inspiring. The third is mostly testimony of those who changed everything and become successful in business. Am one day behind and won't be able to view the recorded seminars again after day 5. I think you have to pay 399.00 for the V.I.P. access to have it all year or indefinitely at your finger tips. It's call the 'have Tony in my Pocket' pkg. That's hilarious....'tony in my pocket' lol.:) The seminar is terrific though.

He was promoting a 4-day virtual seminar - Unleash The Power Within - which I believe was $349 or $399. If you want to be with Tony all year I believe it is much more, but I could be wrong. :coolwink:

I found those exercises that were done in the mornings very interesting, something I want to do more of in the future. I don't have any chronic pain but could use them to improve my posture and spend too much time sitting in a chair for sure.

Last edited:

Karakorum

Ron is the source that will lead you to grief
I don't feel that that is the case with Tony Robbins.
I share that opinion That's why I wrote:
Speaking seriously, I don't think Tony Robbins is an abusive cult leader by any stretch of the imagination.
I don't have any reasons to believe that Robbins is some evil manipulator or that he has any malicious intent. But for me the whole field of life-coaching just feels too unscientific and too much of "selling people a piece of blue sky" (to borrow Jon's title).

Again, maybe I'm oversensitive to this sort of stuff because of the scn experience.

Type4_PTS

I don't have any reasons to believe that Robbins is some evil manipulator or that he has any malicious intent. But for me the whole field of life-coaching just feels too unscientific and too much of "selling people a piece of blue sky" (to borrow Jon's title).
I never thought of it as being scientific but there are many decisions that people make in their lives for which there is no practical way to ensure you live only in alignment with ways that have been verified by the scientific method.

I do think though that those people who are successful in some aspect of their lives, whether it is in finances, business, relationships, or anything else, can be helpful to others when mentoring them or otherwise sharing that knowledge or wisdom.

Again, maybe I'm oversensitive to this sort of stuff because of the scn experience.
That's understandable! :yes:

An important lesson one can take from Scientology is to be very careful when choosing whom to listen to. :D

And I would never fully and completely trust anyone on the most important decisions, even if they have a great track record in the past.
I think that's why so many people get second opinions on medical decisions that will have a great impact on their life. Even if they have a good doctor that they really like, many will seek additional opinions from other doctors on important decisions.

Karakorum

Ron is the source that will lead you to grief
I do think though that those people who are successful in some aspect of their lives, whether it is in finances, business, relationships, or anything else, can be helpful to others when mentoring them or otherwise sharing that knowledge or wisdom.
I guess for me it is slightly different when it is someone who charges real money for a lecture they give to mass audiences, especially if it is a 'practical' non-academic field.

Type4_PTS

I guess for me it is slightly different when it is someone who charges real money for a lecture they give to mass audiences, especially if it is a 'practical' non-academic field.

His regular events go way beyond lectures. They include training as well, depending on which type of event you attend.

For me, it is irrelevant whether it is in a non-academic field or not. If you receive help of any kind, whether it is with relationships, business, or anything else, I don't see a problem paying real money, as long as you receive something of value in return.

Hatshepsut

He was promoting a 4-day virtual seminar - Unleash The Power Within - which I believe was $349 or $399. If you want to be with Tony all year I believe it is much more, but I could be wrong. :coolwink:

I found those exercises that were done in the mornings very interesting, something I want to do more of in the future. I don't have any chronic pain but could use them to improve my posture and spend too much time sitting in a chair for sure.
I bypassed a lot of the Egoscue in the beginnings. I intend to go back and look at it.

I didn't realize Tony was a rich as he is. He does likes to use the identity of an 'everyman' for himself. Didn't realize he was from North Hollywood either. The 40 yr old Spanx business owner was from Clearwater, Florida. I bet Tony had to have paced on LRH Way while growing up. Lots of exposure to the main Scn Orgs and body routers.

Scn considers itself a 'church' of religious technology. Tony is also a repository of gathered spiritual technology from EVERYWHERE. He's still casting his net out to see what might still be out there.

The events look fun. I didn't mind watching little KK do the intros. She's pure energy. I'd never heard Tony focus so much on the power of IDENTITY before. I always felt you should get rid of all identity as that's what so much bric a brac is stuck to. But, his focus is on the importance of protecting your brand.

I noticed everyone in the Zoom squares had great teeth. Most are attractive and physically fit unless Tony is focusing on their weight loss. I guess most of his sale to business owners. After going back to check after midnight, I saw I can still record the videos. I didn't bother with a screen recorder cause most change the acceleration rate so it's all black. Ended up zooming my camcorder at the screen while on a tripod.

Last edited:

marra

Your mention of exercises piqued my interest. I've been getting shoulder pain lately, probably due to sitting at my computer all day, and I have been looking for relevant exercises. Is there anything you can share about this? I'm in the UK so US-based therapists aren't what I'm looking for.

Zertel

guanoloco wrote, "In addition, Tony Robbins was on the official list of enemies in HCO as a squirrel group." Veda replied:

I assume he's surrounded by aides who assist him with ideas for new presentations. After 40 (?) years of doing seminars he might need some new ideas. That's speculation. If the speculation is correct, he should be careful not to trigger a response from Scientology Inc.'s OSA (Stasi).
On his blog Mike Rinder has noted several times that Scn Inc. has not sued anyone for copyright infringement or any other reason for over five years. They send out legal threats as with threats to A&E about The Aftermath but don't follow through. Apparently the attention lies elsewhere. Lawsuits might become newsworthy and they probably want to stay out of the news.

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

Your mention of exercises piqued my interest. I've been getting shoulder pain lately, probably due to sitting at my computer all day, and I have been looking for relevant exercises. Is there anything you can share about this? I'm in the UK so US-based therapists aren't what I'm looking for.

I never heard of the Egoscue Method before watching this Tony Robbins event. But Robbins has been using it personally for decades and claims to have had tremendous benefits from it. He does appear to be in incredible shape for age 62.

At his events, including virtual ones, he has people do various exercises at the beginning of each day because he believes (probably correctly) that movement is one of the things that can improve one's mental and emotional state. So he had Brian Bradley, an expert in the method, lead us through a few minutes of various exercises at the beginning of each day. There is a YouTube channel that has lots of information I'll post a link to below. They do claim that it will get rid of shoulder pain.

Reyne Mayer

Pansexual Revolutionary
i knew some womyn who had worked directly for him, it was kind of the same old culty story -- long hours and nearly impossible demands, low pay in spite of the guru becoming fabulously wealthy at something that couldn't be done without you, you're supposed to just be grateful for the experience and training you're getting. plus ugly things that presaged the sexual harassment charges that came out a few years ago.

it seems to me that he provides some value to people without getting them involved in a real cult -- arguably, the sort of thing he's doing undercuts groups like scientology by offering many of the same essentials without the huge costs in money and -- but i think what he does is still kind of borderline scammy, a bit too focused on money and power over others. Dale Carnegie and Toastmasters for example let people have what they offer under the lowest cost model possible.

Type4_PTS

i knew some womyn who had worked directly for him, it was kind of the same old culty story -- long hours and nearly impossible demands, low pay in spite of the guru becoming fabulously wealthy at something that couldn't be done without you, you're supposed to just be grateful for the experience and training you're getting.
I've heard conflicting things from people who worked for him. I saw a review on Glassdoor from an employee who ripped him really good but recommended that you go to his seminars. :D This is it, posted below. I've seen others that were very positive as well. This one is a review from someone working at Robbins Research International.

Pros
There is nothing like a Tony Robbins seminar. I say, "Go to Tony's seminars, but please don't work for the company if you want to truly achieve great results."

Cons
You will never make money working for Robbins, no matter what department you are in--especially if you are a woman. It is a very masculine focused environment. If you have legitimate concerns or complaints, you are told you need to "change your story." You will not even earn the national average for you job, and the response you will get to this is that we are here to "support Tony's mission, and you need to have the heart of a servant." I think "Tony's mission" has been pretty well supported. Google his net worth sometime. He promotes himself as this world class business guru, but his own company is horribly flawed and employees are most definitely not valued. There are employees who have not had any sort of a raise in eight years. But Tony is doing well enough to buy a $20 million home in Palm Beach. There is absolutely no respect for your time. You will be required to attend trainings and meetings, for which you will not be paid. Robbins Research is able to run events because of the multitude of people who volunteer because they want to be part of something. As an employee, it is made very clear that you should be nothing but grateful to be able to say you work for Tony Robbins (but do it carefully, or the legal department will have a conversation with you), and if you don't like it, you can leave. If you want to make enough money to pay your bills, you just have a sense of entitlement. If you think working for Tony is going to get you closer to the man and in an incredible, empowering, positive environment, think again. Robbins Research is nothing but a big, dysfunctional family and nobody wants to tick off Tony. Employees don't "support a mission." They enable an egotistical narcissist live a lavish lifestyle while employees work long hours with low pay and low benefits. He doesn't even send his employees to his own events. He will let you go, but only if there is room after there are enough paid participants, and you have to pay everything else. Way to practice what you preach.

Advice to Management
PAY YOUR EMPLOYEES $$$ what the industry standard is for their work, and RESPECT their TIME and ENERGY. It is disheartening, and plain sad that Tony Robbins shares such a great message about empowering people, but he has nothing to do with his own team. I've been with Tony since 1999, and worked in 3 different departments, and if the man saw me today he'd call me "sweetie" because he doesn't know my name or who I am. There is ZERO connection with Tony. "Feedback" is totally one way. If there is anything negative, management never seems to ask, "What's my part in this and how can I improve?"

Type4_PTS

Here's a message from Tony and Sage Robbins. At the end of it, they promote a free online event coming up in a few weeks.