Tony Robbins is selling "clearing"?

Veda

Saw the promo. Sounds like recycled Way to Happiness processing as created by David Mayo, plus perhaps some
"False data stripping," and a few other things from Scientology.

This is the "clearing" level of the Tony Robbins' program. The top level.

Scientology, with its sea of words, and techniques, is a deep well from which many have drawn ideas and inspiration.

As of this writing, I have had heard no bad reports on Tony Robins.

ILove2Lurk

AI Chatbot
Scientology, with its sea of words, and techniques, is a deep well from which many have drawn ideas and inspiration.
Inspiration . . . and theft. :LOL::LOL::LOL:
The Power of Absolute Certainty

Google "anthony robbins controversy" and you'll get
a list of articles you won't be able to finish in a year. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

I have no dog in the fight though. Just amused that he's showing up on this message board..

freethinker

Controversial
Tony Robbins is a jerk. He's a globalist who sells pipe dreams of betterment, when it is just taking advantage of gullibility. He is essentially a TV evangelist taking money and delivering nothing.

Motivational speakers only have to be motivating. They are seldom truthful. You can get up and say anything you want about any given subject and if you add passion, a large percentage of people will follow that without question. Why? Because they haven't found it themselves. They know it is out there, but someone else found it first.

If you speak with passion, people will believe you if you can sound comprehensible. The tricky part is results. But when you have a theatre filled with an audience clapping and cheering because they are hearing what they long for, the evidence is overlooked because, as they look around, who would have paid for a ticket at $100 to listen to bullshit?

Just about everyone in that audience. That is the trick, make it seem valuable, and anyone will buy it. Tony Robbins only goal is to fill an auditorium with $100 tickets bought; doesn't give fuck all about people. It's the same with TV evangelists, no one would stand up on a stage and pour out such passion unless it was true, right?

Wrong, they are the worst liars. There will be many Jesus Christs.

What convinced them? They paid $100 for truth, and come hell or high water they paid for it, they will get it.

Human beings are selfish to a fault and prideful to their own destruction. They never make a mistake.

Last edited:

ILove2Lurk

AI Chatbot
Tony Robbins is a jerk. <snip for brevity>
What do you really think? :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

You forgot to mention the ton of recent "me too" and sexual misbehavior allegations.
But that would make for a pretty long-winded post. So, forget that.

You're on the mark though. He has cleared no one and just delivered fleeting moments of euphoria.

The followers and true believers of the "Tony Robbins System" might get some of the gains they were
promised, but I've concluded a lot of it boils down to loud screaming and clapping with a group of
like-minded souls in a large hotel auditorium. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Karakorum

Ron is the source that will lead you to grief
You forgot to mention the ton of recent "me too" and sexual misbehavior allegations.
He wasn't groping them, these were touch assists. :p

The_Fixer

Bent in all sorts of ways..
Tony Robbins is a jerk. He's a globalist who sells pipe dreams of betterment, when it is just taking advantage of gullibility. He is essentially a TV evangelist taking money and delivering nothing.

Motivational speakers only have to be motivating. They are seldom truthful. You can get up and say anything you want about any given subject and if you add passion, a large percentage of people will follow that without question. Why? Because they haven't found it themselves. They know it is out there, but someone else found it first.

If you speak with passion, people will believe you if you can sound comprehensible. The tricky part is results. But when you have a theatre filled with an audience clapping and cheering because they are hearing what they long for, the evidence is overlooked because, as they look around, who would have paid for a ticket at $100 to listen to bullshit?

Just about everyone in that audience. That is the trick, make it seem valuable, and anyone will buy it. Tony Robbins only goal is to fill an auditorium with $100 tickets bought; doesn't give fuck all about people. It's the same with TV evangelists, no one would stand up on a stage and pour out such passion unless it was true, right?

What convinced them? They paid $100 for truth, and come hell or high water they paid for it, they will get it.

Human beings are selfish to a fault and prideful to their own destruction. They never make a mistake.
Sounds like Dr. Oz as well, then.

Veda

What do you really think? :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

But that would make for a pretty long-winded post. So, forget that.

You're on the mark though. He has cleared no one and just delivered fleeting moments of euphoria.

The followers and true believers of the "Tony Robbins System" might get some of the gains they were
promised, but I've concluded a lot of it boils down to loud screaming and clapping with a group of
like-minded souls in a large hotel auditorium. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I became aware of Tony Robbins in the 1980s when I knew someone who had read his book Personal Power. I paged through it. It was essentially neuro linguistic programming, which has a manipulative aspect, so it didn't hold my interest.

He, himself, as a person, never struck me as being evil. I am more repelled by his followers when they are in adoring-crowd mode at his seminars.

I have not seen the level of abuse or scandal normally associated with a destructive cult coming from Robbins and his operation.

But then again, I haven't been that interested. There are so many "self help" gurus. Toxic, semi toxic, benign.

Simply being a "guru" (or its equivalent), even a mostly benign one, inevitability opens a Pandora's box of potential mischief.

I noticed Robbins again when he posted a series of Covid lock down-related videos, which I thought were generally helpful to people.

What prompted me to post this was seeing an advertisement for his upcoming event, which is presented as the top level, where one removes old unwanted (unknowing) programming and replaces it with new superior (knowing) programming. It was so obviously recycled Scientology that it seemed appropriate to comment.

I can't find the video - which was a YouTube ad - but perhaps someone else can.

If anyone is concerned, please notice that I placed the post on this in the Cults in General section.

Karakorum

He, himself, as a person, never struck me as being evil. I am more repelled by his followers when they are in adoring-crowd mode at his seminars.

I have not seen the level of abuse or scandal normally associated with a destructive cult coming from Robbins and his operation.

But then again, I haven't been that interested. There are so many "self help" gurus. Toxic, semi toxic, benign.

Simply being a "guru" (or its equivalent), even a mostly benign one, inevitability opens a Pandora's box of potential mischief.
That's exactly the impression I get from Jordan Peterson. The guy's ideas are mostly benign, but he uses these large-auditorium paid lectures/seminar format that is otherwise very common among snake oil peddlers and scammers. Plus his followers do act in an adoring-crowd-somewhat-cultie manner.

Zertel

In the 1980's I received a letter saying that I had been chosen to join a secret society where secrets of wealth, happiness, romantic love and so on would be revealed to me. As an Ex scn I was well aware of the pitch but for fun and curiosity I sent away for more information and went ahead and bought the initial "Manuscript" which cost $100 which was a lot back then. I was glad I did! It was called "The Neo-Tech Discovery" by Frank R. Wallace. Similar to Hubbard, Wallace had something to say about damn near everything and was presenting a squirrel version of Objectivism. The idea is that by eliminating any and all traces of "mysticism" and reliance on "higher authority" a person can achieve a merging and integration of analytical and creative thought and an explosion into high productivity and accomplishment. For me as an Ex with my background in scn as a basis for comparison it was a fascinating read and study!

Here's what Wallace had to say about Scientology and similar groups:

"Many people are drawn into the chameleon-like forms of existentialism through an assortment of highly publicized, illusionary benefits designed to indulge most anyone's emotions to escape reality. Touted benefits include discovering real truth, peace of mind, new freedoms, self-awareness, increased sensitivity, discovery of one's true self, and a wide variety of health and nutritional benefits. Other benefits touted by groups such as Scientologists include various mystical routes to freedom and happiness through self-awareness via clearing hang ups or engrams."
..............................................................................................................

from wiki, edited for brevity:

Objectivism is a philosophical system developed by Russian-American writer Ayn Rand. Rand first expressed Objectivism in her fiction, most notably The Fountainhead (1943) and Atlas Shrugged (1957), and later in non-fiction essays and books.[1] Leonard Peikoff, a professional philosopher and Rand's designated intellectual heir,[2][3] later gave it a more formal structure. Rand described Objectivism as "the concept of man as a heroic being, with his own happiness as the moral purpose of his life, with productive achievement as his noblest activity."
Objectivism's main tenets are that reality exists independently of consciousness, that human beings have direct contact with reality through sense perception (see direct and indirect realism), that one can attain objective knowledge from perception through the process of concept formation and inductive logic, that the proper moral purpose of one's life is the pursuit of one's own happiness (see rational egoism), that the only social system consistent with this morality is one that displays full respect for individual rights embodied in laissez-faire capitalism, and that the role of art in human life is to transform humans' metaphysical ideas by selective reproduction of reality into a physical form—a work of art—that one can comprehend and to which one can respond emotionally.

Academic philosophers have mostly ignored or rejected Rand's philosophy.[6] Nonetheless, Objectivism has been a significant influence among libertarians and American conservatives.[7] The Objectivist movement, which Rand founded, attempts to spread her ideas to the public and in academic settings.[8]

Last edited:

Dan

Tony Robbins is a globalist. Wait.....what?

Yes he's pretty much everything else you said, but I don't get the globalist angle.

freethinker

Controversial
Tony Robbins is a globalist. Wait.....what?

Yes he's pretty much everything else you said, but I don't get the globalist angle.
Globalism is commerce in any shape or form.

Dan

Okay, that's your definition. Not what most people think when they hear or read the term "Globalism".

So I take it you are anti commerce. Interesting.

No, I am not trying to engage in a debate. I'll just say, "interesting".

Dan

Here's who I think of when I hear that term "globalist". :coolwink:

View attachment 14126
Yes, those are two that I consider to be Globalists. Not Tony Robbins. I will say though that I also think the earth is overpopulated with humans in some large areas. This can be remedied without any extermination programs though. Just educating people in these countries, especially girls, will slow the run-a-way growth down enough to ease the burden of overpopulation. The record of education leading to lower and more workable growth rates is established in first world countries.

Type4_PTS

Yes, those are two that I consider to be Globalists. Not Tony Robbins. I will say though that I also think the earth is overpopulated with humans in some large areas. This can be remedied without any extermination programs though. Just educating people in these countries, especially girls, will slow the run-a-way growth down enough to ease the burden of overpopulation. The record of education leading to lower and more workable growth rates is established in first world countries.

Any areas of the earth that are overpopulated, no problem, they can just come across the U.S. southern border and we'll take them in with open arms and provide them great benefits as well. We'll even get them registered to vote!

Type4_PTS

A couple of friends of mine went to one of his seminars about 10 or 12 years back when their company sent them. They loved it, but whether they feel they got any permanent benefit out of it I don't know as I never asked.

I also never got the impression that Tony Robbins was evil. And believe that he helped some people.

Dan

In the beginning of his "Power of Mind" crusades decades ago Robbins would at gatherings, after whipping them up into a "I can do anything I set my mind to do" frenzy, have them walk across a significant distance of hot burning coals barefoot. Of course at least some ran through them. And I think some got pretty nasty burns. But I'm sure they can walk today.

He's a piker. Did he completely devastate anyone? I don't guess so. He just got a lot of people to believe a bunch of nonsense and pay out a ton of money for it. Not Scientology-level money, but a dime wasted on his BS is a dime too much though.

Karakorum

Whatever happened to freedom of trade? Or the commerce clause in the US constitution (Article 1, Section 8, Clause 3)?

I thought you are the guy always defending the constitution and me being the one who always finds ways in which it could be improved? ;)