Tom Cruise scared shitless??

The_Fixer

Bent in all sorts of ways..
If he is pretty used to doing his own stunts, I'd say this would be just another day at the office.

I do have a question here from something I was looking up today.

If he says that scientology sorted his dyslexia, how (in scn terms) would this have happened, or was fixed?

In my naïve younger days, I sent a letter to LRH asking how he fixed his war induced (chortle, chortle) blindness? Must admit it was a pretty odd answer I got. All about confront crap. Think I was left more confused than ever.

mimsey borogrove

I would think study tech. There are several drills that are not word clearing - one is 1,2,3, what did I say? Where you call out some numbers etc, and the person has to repeat them back in order. That could help. Another is method 9 where you read a book and every time you flub, you search for a mu. I would imagine they threw the kitchen sink at him with every process they could find - after all, dyslexia is a vast problem if you have to learn the lines in the script you are being paid vast sums to perform:

Tom
The money show me!

Cameron
Cut!​

mimsey borogrove

Those drills have been on the student hat forever, but they don't receive a lot of attention compared to Hubbard's hobby horse - the methods of word clearing. An ASHO staff member was telling me how the "123 what did I say" drill really worked spectacularly well on him. Not all of Scientology is junk. But you have to use it prudently.

For example:

I am trying to learn Spanish and looking up words, reading sample sentences with the word in them, using them in my own sentences, helps cement them in my pea brain. (reading sample sentences helps because my Spanish vocabulary is patheticly small and this gives a wider scope of the use of the word I am trying to learn - it's on a par with reading a dictionary definition and its word usage example sentences)

Mimsey

The_Fixer

Bent in all sorts of ways..
Those drills have been on the student hat forever, but they don't receive a lot of attention compared to Hubbard's hobby horse - the methods of word clearing. An ASHO staff member was telling me how the "123 what did I say" drill really worked spectacularly well on him. Not all of Scientology is junk. But you have to use it prudently.

For example:

I am trying to learn Spanish and looking up words, reading sample sentences with the word in them, using them in my own sentences, helps cement them in my pea brain. (reading sample sentences helps because my Spanish vocabulary is patheticly small and this gives a wider scope of the use of the word I am trying to learn - it's on a par with reading a dictionary definition and its word usage example sentences)

Mimsey
Yeah I remember the dictionary and word clearing processes. IIRC, it wasn't Hubbard's creation. Another one of his plagiarised things that were adapted to suit him.
It seemed to work reasonably well, probably because he didn't invent it.

Thanks for the responses, gives me a little more insight.