TOM CRUISE movie star

SuperstarNeilC

Tom Helped Jennifer Connelly Overcome Her Fear of Flying on ‘Top Gun: Maverick’

//// //// ////
Tom Finds Out John Bishop Beat His Top Gear Speed

The_Fixer

The_Fixer

LOL that comment sounds like VERY sour grapes.
Possibly. The production carries a heavy risk factor when he does his stunts. If anything went wrong and he injured himself, the losses could be crippling to the whole show.

He is getting older now (as we all do) and the law of averages have a tendency to catch up somewhere. His ageing also means he is more and more likely to perhaps miscalculate his timing or actions. Unless they plan for more simple stunts to mitigate it, but I doubt his ego would allow that.

Anyway, my thought is that insurance for his movies will become more and more difficult to obtain as time goes by and much more costly. The backers will not be happy with that either.

Chuck J.

Election Fraud Has Consequences
I once read a comment by someone on the crew with a movie star who insisted on doing all their own stunts. He said it was a very selfish ego trip for the star that put everyone's job at risk -- thought it was really dumb.
The entire Tom Cruise "ain't afraid of heights" and "I do my own stunts" thing is overcompensation for something, some trauma or something when he was a kid. Short man syndrome? Whatever it is, it seems like the driving force in his life.

There was an instance where he did get injured and a movie had to be shut down for awhile. Not that it matters to Tom, he can afford it. But the crew, those DB's, they should be rich upstat's like Tom! Who cares if production gets shut down for 6 weeks!

Karakorum

Broke ranks over 10 years ago, never looked back
One would think he would have chosen the heritage Bluebell railway for that (since it has a station in East Grinstead) rather than choosing North Yorkshire Moors Railway.

Just goes to show how much scientologists want to support the local communities around their main bases. :/

mimsey borogrove

• :dizzy: Cra cra.
  • Tom Cruise Returns His Three Golden Globe Trophies To Join Protest Against HFPA
EXCLUSIVE: Add Tom Cruise to the chorus of outrage against the Hollywood Foreign Press Association. Deadline hears that the actor today has delivered back to the HFPA the three Golden Globe trophies he has won over the years.

The trophies just sent to HFPA headquarters are the Best Actor prize he won for Jerry Maguire, the Best Actor prize he won for Born on the Fourth of July and the Best Supporting Actor prize he won for Magnolia. This is a new tack, but I wouldn’t be surprised if others follow his lead and that the reception area of the HFPA could be crammed with golden trophies.

Sources said this just happened, as the Golden Globes house of cards continues to crumble and NBC canceled next year’s broadcast. Cruise becomes the latest star to speak out, including Netflix, Amazon and NBC among others over the slow crawl the organization is making to reform its lack of diversity.

The_Fixer

• :dizzy: Cra cra.
  • Tom Cruise Returns His Three Golden Globe Trophies To Join Protest Against HFPA
EXCLUSIVE: Add Tom Cruise to the chorus of outrage against the Hollywood Foreign Press Association. Deadline hears that the actor today has delivered back to the HFPA the three Golden Globe trophies he has won over the years.

The trophies just sent to HFPA headquarters are the Best Actor prize he won for Jerry Maguire, the Best Actor prize he won for Born on the Fourth of July and the Best Supporting Actor prize he won for Magnolia. This is a new tack, but I wouldn’t be surprised if others follow his lead and that the reception area of the HFPA could be crammed with golden trophies.

Sources said this just happened, as the Golden Globes house of cards continues to crumble and NBC canceled next year’s broadcast. Cruise becomes the latest star to speak out, including Netflix, Amazon and NBC among others over the slow crawl the organization is making to reform its lack of diversity.

Well that confirms it.

He studied masturbation during lockdown and OT'd it....

"Is it a bird? Is it a Plane? No.. It's Superwanker!"

Last edited: