Thursday Funnies

Karen#1

Excerpt:

Of course. we kick off this week with the hype about the magnificent, epic, earthshaking, LRH Birthday celebration.

Finally, the final component…

How stupid were we, thinking the ideal org “movement” was the “final component” for Planetary Clearing? There is in fact a final component to the final component… And next year the final, final component will be the new “on Source” KTL because nobody who actually studied the OEC/FEBC had done KTL and that is why they couldn’t apply the tech and the stats didnt go up… And after that it will be the now “on Source” False Purpose Rundown because KTL can’t bite when there are unhandled evil purposes. And on and on and on. It’s been this way since 1951…~~~READ MORE

Karakorum

Ron is the source that will lead you to grief
Excerpt:

Of course. we kick off this week with the hype about the magnificent, epic, earthshaking, LRH Birthday celebration.

Finally, the final component…

How stupid were we, thinking the ideal org “movement” was the “final component” for Planetary Clearing? There is in fact a final component to the final component… And next year the final, final component will be the new “on Source” KTL because nobody who actually studied the OEC/FEBC had done KTL and that is why they couldn’t apply the tech and the stats didnt go up… And after that it will be the now “on Source” False Purpose Rundown because KTL can’t bite when there are unhandled evil purposes. And on and on and on. It’s been this way since 1951…~~~READ MORE

Wow, they are celebrating... International Dog Day? But isn't that in August?!

;)

onceuponatime

Well obviously after the exec training it's going to be KTL/LOC, and after KTL/LOC you have to re-do all the prior steps, how could you have understood them without having done KTL/LOC first?

In all seriousness, I think Scientology management (DM in particular) is running into some problems, more than usual. Scientology has always operated on a program of the next big thing and that's how they've kept things going. But in my opinion there were a few programs that were being worked on for longer than others. I think a large number of Scientologists looked on these programs as the ones that were going to fix things. Sure management can come out with something else that's going to fix everything, but it isn't something they've been hearing rumors about for the last 20 years, it doesn't have the same impact. These "big" programs in my opinion were Ideal orgs, GAT II and SMP. They can get a little more juice out of Ideal orgs and GAT II (they still need to release the SHSBC, Grad V, etc.) but how much longer will that keep people interested? They'll keep coming out with things but I don't think they'll have the same impact. Whatever else was going on Scientologists knew GAT II was being worked on behind the scenes, they knew SMP was being worked on, etc. Sure, stuff sucks now but what about those programs? They will come out, the org will go Ideal and everything will change. Now those programs have come out, most orgs have gone Ideal, and guess what everything still sucks. This is one of the reasons programs drag out so long and don't get done in a timely manner, DM knows they won't work, but while all the execs are in training it keeps people from asking questions. But it can only go on for so long, and I think the "bigger" programs that most people were waiting on have already come and gone. This exec training wasn't as effective as GAT II and whatever is next will be even less so.

Reyne Mayer

Pansexual Revolutionary
DM knows they won't work, but while all the execs are in training it keeps people from asking questions.
i'm not so sure he knows they won't work, as that management is stuck in dysfunctional and even delusional cycles in which they hope whatever is the current thing they're trying will allow them to succeed in fixing what's going wrong -- but then they can't, the stats don't go up or even recover, etc. -- including i presume trying to find scapegoats then have to be found/manufactured and blamed.

my guess would be that they're currently in internal paroxysms over how many orgs now require subsidies to keep the lights on and the doors open, and aren't recovering after the pandemic much less after the Chase Wave went bust.

also, it occured to me the other day, that it's easy to forget about OT9 and 10 -- the ultimate big things they have failed to deliver on, and perhaps now deliberately avoid....

onceuponatime

i'm not so sure he knows they won't work, as that management is stuck in dysfunctional and even delusional cycles in which they hope whatever is the current thing they're trying will allow them to succeed in fixing what's going wrong -- but then they can't, the stats don't go up or even recover, etc. -- including i presume trying to find scapegoats then have to be found/manufactured and blamed.

my guess would be that they're currently in internal paroxysms over how many orgs now require subsidies to keep the lights on and the doors open, and aren't recovering after the pandemic much less after the Chase Wave went bust.

also, it occured to me the other day, that it's easy to forget about OT9 and 10 -- the ultimate big things they have failed to deliver on, and perhaps now deliberately avoid....
That's a good point, who knows what DM really thinks. Maybe he does think this is the thing that will fix things. But I always run into the fact that he knows OT 9 & 10 don't exist, so he has to know that he's lying, to one degree or another.

Reyne Mayer

Pansexual Revolutionary
That's a good point, who knows what DM really thinks. Maybe he does think this is the thing that will fix things. But I always run into the fact that he knows OT 9 & 10 don't exist, so he has to know that he's lying, to one degree or another.
one question is how things have evolved over time.

DM apparently originally believed that OT9 and 10 existed, and that Pat Broeker had them.

and someone in a position to know like Karen or Mike, said recently that top management originally believed that the old man was going to come back -- what DM himself has been said to have even been in fear over being prepared for.

so do they still believe those things? or how have they adapted mentally and compensated over time, as their belief in specifics like that slowly eroded?

maybe DM is still hoping that either Pat or Ron will come up with the next 2 OT levels.

i know from having read about other groups, that it's mostly likely evolved in weirder ways than we can necessarily even imagine. one way to look at it that occurs to me is that probably just as members joined out of idealism and adventure, and then slowly got all twisted around, so DM and those around him in management may have developed all sorts of ways of looking at and coping with -- and justifying -- what is going on.