thought I'd restart this:

Riddick

I clap to no man

Good write-up here.

"
A rhetorical toga party
Socrates would have thought the internet an abomination. Then again, he thought the written word was a step too far; he argued it would lead to knowledge by rote, not reason. We know this because his student Plato wrote down the first Socratic dialogues (oh, the irony)."

Kind of funny, but Hubbard did so called knowledge by rote, just listen to him, word clear everything, drill it, and just do as he says, DM too. LOL

And yet no clears, no OT's, nobody has returned from death using LRH dianetics or scientology.

Last edited:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation.
@Riddick ... ACK!

(only joking ... sort of).

The way I see it hubbard the hateful used rhetoric (and a whole lot of luck) to his advantage in what was then a fairly naïve society but the whole world is now drowning in it ... most of the outpourings of the ranting loony left and the PC squad is rhetorical nuttery, they don't want real and honest discussion even with each other (perish the thought) ... they may learn something that doesn't fit with their plans for us all and they can't risk that happening.

:eyeroll:

Banning all social media (except ESMB obviously) would improve the world overnight.

I've always liked the idea of looking at what people do rather than listening to what they say ... and it's hard not to notice that those preaching tolerance are usually the most intolerant, just as hubbard the horrible was.

programmer_guy

True ex-Scientologist
@Riddick

A charismatic christian goes to Sunday service and babbles "in tongues" and has a feel-good feeling.
1. the feel-good feeling can be explained by neuro-science (neuro-transmitters)
2. attributing this feeling to the ancient Hebrew tribal god Yahweh is the part that is rhetoric.

programmer_guy

True ex-Scientologist
@Riddick

A PC goes into auditing session and follows so-called memories according to a C/S ordered AESP and has a feel-good feeling.
1. the feel-good feeling can be explained by neuro-science (neuro-transmitters)
2. attributing this feeling to "erasing charge" and going toward Clear is the part that is rhetoric.

Karakorum

Ron is the source that will lead you to grief
Scn loves knowledge by rote.

Then again, at the same time Hubbard does not like to appeal to emotion, certainly far less than most other cult gurus. All cults are similar to a certain extent, but Scientology seems to be a relatively the "odd duck" even in that crowd.

HelluvaHoax!

My quick impression of where "RHETORIC" fits
into the schematic for the hoax of Scientology.

/

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

I remember being told that being a staff member will give you "case gain".
LOL

In a sense, it DOES give the being case gain.

Because, then there are engrams, secondaries, locks and implants to audit out. Without something to erase, there cannot be case gain.

:hattip:

Dotey OT

Re-Membered
We need to make it a "REAL" religion.

If scientology only had "saints" then we could celebrate their deaths or births or whatever, just to make it complete. Saint Ingber? Saint Shelley?

Or there were food that one should eat, like Passover, or communion. Just imagine? Could you imagine going to scn communion? I think they may really serve kool-aid. And then you get the cookes like they serve in the reg area, if you remember that at Flag.

Maybe if we took some line from something and translated it into latin for everyone to chant. like "Conjunctus, rem, communicationis, intellectus."

How about unearth a dianetics books at a dig in the Valley of the Kings to give it authenticity? Someone needs to translate to coptic and start writing.

I'm game.

Well, not really.

Karakorum

Ron is the source that will lead you to grief
Or there were food that one should eat, like Passover, or communion. Just imagine? Could you imagine going to scn communion? I think they may really serve kool-aid. And then you get the cookes like they serve in the reg area, if you remember that at Flag.
Its not scn if it's not rice&beans.

Every thursday at two, we will eat rice&beans and lower the flag at flag, to commemorate those who gave their lives and souls in the NED wars.

We can have an MAA in full SO regalia who would stand at half mast. And a parade of people in shorts carrying faux rifles.

...wait, have I just re-invented the John Frum religion? :dizzy:

Maybe if we took some line from something and translated it into latin for everyone to chant. like "Conjunctus, rem, communicationis, intellectus."
What about "Et sic non pecuniam perdidit in hoc mundo" ?

Riddick

I clap to no man
It most assuredly does! What a very strange term. Being on staff will most definitely increase your case as HH says. The more years on staff the more case you gain.
not only staff, but public and celebrities. One never even knew one had a case but Hubbard persuaded us we did with his rhetoric of case gain and Bridge to total Freedom. One could say Hubbard gave us a case so he could solve it, but it's imaginary in the end.

First there was dianetics clear with it's locks, secondaries and engrams. The there was OT spiritual gain of the wall of fire, OT3, and so on up to OT8 with BT's, body thetans. All imagined case in the end and given to us.

PirateAndBum

Administrator
Staff member
not only staff, but public and celebrities. One never even knew one had a case but Hubbard persuaded us we did with his rhetoric of case gain and Bridge to total Freedom. One could say Hubbard gave us a case so he could solve it, but it's imaginary in the end.

First there was dianetics clear with it's locks, secondaries and engrams. The there was OT spiritual gain of the wall of fire, OT3, and so on up to OT8 with BT's, body thetans. All imagined case in the end and given to us.
We didn't quite realize exactly what "case gain" the Hubbs meant now did we? I'd say we all had a crashing MU :dizzy:

Riddick

I clap to no man
We didn't quite realize exactly what "case gain" the Hubbs meant now did we? I'd say we all had a crashing MU :dizzy:
I thought case gain meant going up the bridge.

Riddick

I clap to no man

Riddick

I clap to no man
The 5 canons of rhetoric:

I'm looking at it in how to decipher Hubbard and all his words and recorded speeches. Let's consider the first canon - inventio , and lets consider his first inventio of Dianetics:

"
WHAT IS INVENTION (INVENTIO)?
“Invention” is about coming up with a good idea, or having something useful to say to your audience. The word “invention” in English actually comes from the Latin term “invenire,” which, roughly translated, means “to find.” When you’re in the invention stage, you’re considering what your audience needs to know and why they need to know it. Similar to the appeal of logos, invention considers the “what” a communicator has to say. When you think of your topic and what matters most to your audience, you might consider the different ways in which your topic can be addressed (we call these the “topoi” or common topics). Common topics, according to Silvae Rhetorica, of invention include the following:
  • Definition (describe to your audience through definitions and classifications)
  • Division (separating your subject matter into its parts or whole, or breaking down into subjects)
  • Comparison (showing similarities and differences of your topic with that of another or showing the degree to which your topic does or does not do something)
  • Relationship (describing things like cause and effect; antecedent and consequence; contraries; and contradictions)
  • Circumstances (determining what might be possible or impossible according to your topic or what the past might have to say about the future)
  • Testimony (using other accounts to describe your topic, considering things like eye-witness accounts, authority figure explanations, rumors, oaths, documents, law, supernatural considerations, precedents, and so forth)
  • Notation and Conjugates (addressing your topic in terms of language and its relationship to language)"

Riddick

I clap to no man
The 5 canons of rhetoric:

I'm looking at it in how to decipher Hubbard and all his words and recorded speeches. Let's consider the first canon - inventio , and lets consider his first inventio of Dianetics:

"
WHAT IS INVENTION (INVENTIO)?
“Invention” is about coming up with a good idea, or having something useful to say to your audience. The word “invention” in English actually comes from the Latin term “invenire,” which, roughly translated, means “to find.” When you’re in the invention stage, you’re considering what your audience needs to know and why they need to know it. Similar to the appeal of logos, invention considers the “what” a communicator has to say. When you think of your topic and what matters most to your audience, you might consider the different ways in which your topic can be addressed (we call these the “topoi” or common topics). Common topics, according to Silvae Rhetorica, of invention include the following:
  • Definition (describe to your audience through definitions and classifications)
  • Division (separating your subject matter into its parts or whole, or breaking down into subjects)
  • Comparison (showing similarities and differences of your topic with that of another or showing the degree to which your topic does or does not do something)
  • Relationship (describing things like cause and effect; antecedent and consequence; contraries; and contradictions)
  • Circumstances (determining what might be possible or impossible according to your topic or what the past might have to say about the future)
  • Testimony (using other accounts to describe your topic, considering things like eye-witness accounts, authority figure explanations, rumors, oaths, documents, law, supernatural considerations, precedents, and so forth)
  • Notation and Conjugates (addressing your topic in terms of language and its relationship to language)"
lets take up this:

"
  • Definition (describe to your audience through definitions and classifications)"
Well, that's in DMSMH, dianetics the modern science of mental health. Hubbard in that book describes a new idea, the engram, single source of man's aberrations. Also to define the "lock" and "secondary".

There you go, describe to your audience through definitions, and he described a "clear" as a new classification of mankind.

The power of words.

freethinker

Controversial
Case gain was how much evidence Hubbard could get on you through sec checks, your're willingness to speak about yourself in session, and how much that information was valuable to him. You have to think in reverse logic, as in he didn't give a crap about you, but what he could get from you.

It can be liikened to "As above, so below"