Those who benefited,then realized something was wrong ,and then left.

Hatshepsut

Feel free to share your, or other's, experiences.
I think my first inkling that something was wrong was back in 1975 when they started the Five Year Plan and the wearing of the minister collar. How was a student going to play the game of Clearing The Planet when they made it all but impossible with the monthly cost increases. One definitely got the feeling that somebody was getting even with somebody, up or down lines.

So much excitement should have been reverberating up from the new FSO, up to the Tampa, Ft Lauderdale, Miami, and Tampa missions. Instead, there was stress and investigations of financial ledgers. What a shame to see all the previous hippie love go out the window. I think AOLA was the last to hold onto the feeling of your daisy in those RR tracks.

After getting roped back in with 'rollbacks' and reduced prices in 1980, it wasn't long before those reptilian claws began to rip at soft underbellies again. To my mind this smelled of dramatizations from the past. The Religious Technology Center with it's adopted symbolism, seemed to hint at some time when maybe there was a real search for spiritual technology.... and possible missions to locate them.

We went from having a goal to be uniquely YOU, to goals to extract punishment for crimes that were never yours. Something had gone insane. It was like someone at the top of the pyramid was afraid others might actually get out.

1642144886489.png

Irayam

Feel free to share your, or other's, experiences.
I tasted the best strawberry milks in the world in the café right next to the mission.

Isaac

Scientology is hope on a rope dangled before you for eternity which costs you all of your money, time, family and friends if you
get trapped

Scientology is a huge parasite that feeds off of your knowledge, education, resources, family and friends until it either renders you disabled, financially destroys you, kills you or discards you without sorrow

Scientology is not good for you, your emotional, physical or mental health In fact, Scientology may kill you and will not care

Scientology disables the able

Anything of value in Scientology was copied by others and used to decieve believers that L Ron made it all up

There is no freedom of overwhelm
Scientology is constant overwhelm

Scientology not only gives you problems you do not want, it SELLS you the solution which never stops

Anything you accomplished to better yourself or your life was accomplished by YOU, yourself, NOT Scientology

Scientology always takes the credit for your accomplishments and even manipulates you into believing L Ron Hubbard did it with some miraculous parlor tricks or secret knowningness

Scientology LIES about the life of L Ron Hubbard and his accomplishments

Hubbard was a nutjob but all of that information is suppressed so you get tricked into doing scientology and believing what Scientology claims

Scientology tricks you covertly into giving L Ron credit for all of your work by enforcing the "SUCK SESS story" required on the routing form in order for you to complete the Scientology Psycho of Action

Scientology propaganda fed to you daily and repeated over and over and over will give you the correct words to vomit on your SUCK SESS story when you attest at the end of each service

Scientologists may trot you out at the multiple events to brag about how L Ron and Scientology saved your life (repeating what you heard OT's say over and over and over and over and over .... and over)

This ain't rocket science but it is mind control and hypnosis

If you don't write up your SUCK SESS story - Scientology makes you redo the service at your own expense, again sucking up copious amounts of your time so Homo Sapian will just repeat the propaganda fed to them via glossy promo and videos of other Scientologists making the claims after they completed X,Y or Z services.

If Scientology does not work for you or has harmed you in some way, it is ALWAYS your fault, you pulled it in or the psychs did it

Scientology is a scam

Just own it

Last edited:

Bill

It's to Scientology Inc.'s advantage that most people are hardwired not to be able, or inclined, to fully describe its lead-in disguise portion.
Yeah, no. I think Hubbard's "good results" bait for his trap has been very well described, and often. I've done it. Many here and other places have done it. It's easy. Maybe you are "hardwired" not to be able to, but it isn't hard at all for most ex's.

There are two ways to describe Scientology:
  • For those "never in", it's simple: Scientology is a fraud and a scam. Anything good in Scientology can be attained elsewhere, the rest is bad.
  • For those who continue to be True Believers: Well, that requires one-on-one careful handling, patience and time.
I think I understand what you are trying to do here, asking about Hubbard's bait, and that's OK, but it isn't hard to do and it has been done, a lot.

Veda

Yeah, no. I think Hubbard's "good results" bait for his trap has been very well described, and often. I've done it. Many here and other places have done it. It's easy. Maybe you are "hardwired" not to be able to, but it isn't hard at all for most ex's.

There are two ways to describe Scientology:
  • For those "never in", it's simple: Scientology is a fraud and a scam. Anything good in Scientology can be attained elsewhere, the rest is bad.
  • For those who continue to be True Believers: Well, that requires one-on-one careful handling, patience and time.
I think I understand what you are trying to do here, asking about Hubbard's bait, and that's OK, but it isn't hard to do and it has been done, a lot.
It was a general comment. Don't take it personally.

Helena Handbasket

I have benefited, and then I eventually left.

I was -- shall we say -- a little bit bonkers. After going through Scientology, I was more aware and in present time than before. Fewer automaticities, better connected to the world around me, and able to think about what I was doing rather than just reacting.

But many aspects of my basic personality have not changed. I still get anxious and depressed and I there are many times in my life when I can't seem to get anything done. I'm almost as chaotically disorganized as when I begun, and I'm still heartbroken over something that happened over a third of a century ago.

I was in for 20 years. But what pushed me over the edge was when I went to Flag "to get cleaned up". They recommended "the next step" and when I said phooey to that, they put me on FPRD. I'm no saint, but I've always tried to do the right thing, and consider I don't have a lot of case on O/W's. FPRD was the "everyone gets this process" of the times and was totally useless to me. I paid for auditing time, travel, and accomos, but got got no case gain for my efforts. (And no, it wasn't because I was being an SP; the wrong process is the wrong process no matter who or what you are.)

What really shocked me though was their attempt to keep me there on the date I planned to leave. They called my airline and cancelled my ticket, and took my packed bags and locked them away in a room so I couldn't leave. (Later, I wish I had called the police. But, like everyone else, I wanted to leave and still be able to come back another day and try again. And much later I found out that the Clearwater Police won't respond to calls from the Flag Land Base.)

After some arguing (I hate people who try to persuade me and the concept of persuasion in general) I agreed to come back on a certain date. I was actually feeling that way at that point, so they let me go. (I'm happy to say I changed my mind again and did not go back.) But now it was a day later, and the good weather I should have flown home in had turned into a storm. I got back five hours late that night, in the cold and dark. Damn them!

(As I'm writing this I'm listening to Sloop John B on my computer. I like the part about "let me go home", and when they say "call for the Captain ashore", I always think of Debbie Cook [then the Captain of the FLB].)

And it wasn't just the COS that failed to help me. After them I've tried other therapies, both on and off the cans. I've even tried antidepressants. :omg: But my basic personality still hasn't changed.

In addition to wanting to resolve my case, I also wanted to help. But I've been rejected time and time again. (People just don't seem to like me.) I've tried everything to get to a place of being "on the team" except starting my own movement, becoming both Leader and Source for that movement. (At least then if I have a conflict with someone in the same group, I can tell them to go away and not be sent away myself.) Of course, I see myself as being more of a (good) Kublai Khan rather than a Genghis Khan.

Helena

Last edited:

Isaac

I was -- shall we say -- a little bit bonkers. After going through Scientology, I was more aware and in present time than before. Fewer automaticities, better connected to the world around me, and able to think about what I was doing rather than just reacting.

But many aspects of my basic personality have not changed. I still get anxious and depressed and I there are many times in my life when I can't seem to get anything done. I'm almost as chaotically disorganized as when I begun, and I'm still heartbroken over something that happened over a third of a century ago.

I was in for 20 years. But what pushed me over the edge was when I went to Flag "to get cleaned up". They recommended "the next step" and when I said phooey to that, they put me on FPRD. I'm no saint, but I've always tried to do the right thing, and consider I don't have a lot of case on O/W's. FPRD was the "everyone gets this process" of the times and was totally useless to me. I paid for auditing time, travel, and accomos, but got got no case gain for my efforts. (And no, it wasn't because I was being an SP; the wrong process is the wrong process no matter who or what you are.)

What really shocked me though was their attempt to keep me there on the date I planned to leave. They called my airline and cancelled my ticket, and took my packed bags and locked them away in a room so I couldn't leave. (Later, I wish I had called the police. But, like everyone else, I wanted to leave and still be able to come back another day and try again. And much later I found out that the Clearwater Police won't respond to calls from the Flag Land Base.)

After some arguing (I hate people who try to persuade me and the concept of persuasion in general) I agreed to come back on a certain date. I was actually feeling that way at that point, so they let me go. (I'm happy to say I changed my mind again and did not go back.) But now it was a day later, and the good weather I should have flown home in had turned into a storm. I got back five hours late that night, in the cold and dark. Damn them!

(As I'm writing this I'm listening to Sloop John B on my computer. I like the part about "let me go home", and when they say "call for the Captain ashore", I always think of Debbie Cook [then the Captain of the FLB].)

And it wasn't just the COS that failed to help me. After them I've tried other therapies, both on and off the cans. I've even tried antidepressants. :omg: But my basic personality still hasn't changed.

In addition to wanting to resolve my case, I also wanted to help. But I've been rejected time and time again. (People just don't seem to like me.) I've tried everything to get to a place of being "on the team" except starting my own movement, becoming both Leader and Source for that movement. (At least then if I have a conflict with someone in the same group, I can tell them to go away and not be sent away myself.) Of course, I see myself as being more of a (good) Kublai Khan rather than a Genghis Khan.

Helena
Scientology’s covert plan is to get you all alone without any family support so they can drain you financially and manipulate into doing things you will ALWAYS later regret, like signing 5 year staff contracts or worse yet, BILLION year contracts agreeing to be a slave and giving away your constitutional rights, "donating" money to the IAS or various front groups posing to do something for someone somwhere but no evidence or proof they ever do (glossy promo of actors do not constitute providing real effective help to those in need)
or going into complete financial ruin for real estate, buying your bridge - you get the picture - the whole entire thing is a money making scam

Scientology takes away control from YOU, the Thetan convincing you you have a reactive mind or black BT’s causing you all problems and you can’t stop them

The Scientological gig is ALWAYS
making you stay longer than planned is all part of L Ron’s plan

It’s SOP at every advanced ORG

When you finally are cleared to leave
That is what gives you the RELIEF AND “KEY OUT”

The cult finally releases you from the prison to go home

Scientology applies this covert pressure then you have to deal with it

it’s mind control and it works

You feel good by figuring out how to solve all the problems that gave you like getting fired from your job or
your spouse gets pissed and wants a divorce etc

Scientology is clever…gives you problems you do not want
Then charges YOU to solve the problem by giving up control of your money and time
It is mind control
It traumatizes people
And it works… for Scientology…hence their billions of dollars while the slaves work for free

I never resolved my “ruin” by doing scientology
My ruin was realized and got resolved by
Learning how narcissists and cults work
getting out of Scientology
and understanding how mind control works and standing up to it
Learning to weed out toxic people from my life
And stop trusting religions or other homo saps
and to trust myself

Last edited:

Chuck J.

"Austere Religious Scholar"
I think my first inkling that something was wrong was back in 1975 when they started the Five Year Plan and the wearing of the minister collar. How was a student going to play the game of Clearing The Planet when they made it all but impossible with the monthly cost increases. One definitely got the feeling that somebody was getting even with somebody, up or down lines.

So much excitement should have been reverberating up from the new FSO, up to the Tampa, Ft Lauderdale, Miami, and Tampa missions. Instead, there was stress and investigations of financial ledgers. What a shame to see all the previous hippie love go out the window. I think AOLA was the last to hold onto the feeling of your daisy in those RR tracks.

After getting roped back in with 'rollbacks' and reduced prices in 1980, it wasn't long before those reptilian claws began to rip at soft underbellies again. To my mind this smelled of dramatizations from the past. The Religious Technology Center with it's adopted symbolism, seemed to hint at some time when maybe there was a real search for spiritual technology.... and possible missions to locate them.

We went from having a goal to be uniquely YOU, to goals to extract punishment for crimes that were never yours. Something had gone insane. It was like someone at the top of the pyramid was afraid others might actually get out.

View attachment 16269
If a jailbreak happens the warden gets fired, or whatever they do to wardens of prisons like this.

Hatshepsut

Helena
I like Sloop John B also. Unfortunately, I'd seen too many people with broken hearts and families who weren't permitted to leave on schedule. Some were kept over a year more than planned.

Soulful.

I was kept over once, with my flight cancelled also. I was to leave Flag to fly home and I made a statement routing out and saying I was on my way to the ER. I had chest pains as if stabbed with a javelin. Thank goodness I didn't spend cash at a hospital, nor was I charged for the instant review. I just always seemed to be stirring 'stacks' buried deep below consciousness. Auditors didn't always have the extra sensitivity or sight. They just followed meter reads.....or else. I was lucky the C/S es of the early 80s had a bit of intuition thru my 70 hrs of review.

I pleaded with C/S Jeff Walker to let Guy Eltringham go back to AOLA where he'd a new infant. They made him redo the entire Briefing Course and he was trapped at Flag about a year. I pleaded with my C/S to let my own review auditor fly back to Oz. He was a veterinarian and his internship required he get me to some stable flat point. But, my INT would never be flat. Some parts of the personality continue until some goal or problem is completed. For me, it was just Scientology in general, triggering the feelings of being 'trapped'. The vet did get to leave, but Guy wasn't so lucky.

1642580408200.png

Last edited: