THE SPTV FOUNDATION, INC is coming

L Ron Hubbard

"The SPTV Foundation, Inc" is an active Floridian business entity incorporated 11th January 2024. Aaron Smith-Levin acts as the agent for this non-profit. Aaron Smith-Levin, Christi Gordon, Mike Brown and 7 others are officers of this non-profit.

Probable url:
Not yet active!

SMITH-LEVIN, AARON
GORDON, CHRISTI
BROWN, MIKE
MISCAVIGE, JENNA
CHAIT, JOEY
GILL, DYLAN
GIL, SERGE
GALE, LIZ
QUIBELL, REESE
MORGAN, ZAC

Last edited:

TheSneakster

"The SPTV Foundation, Inc" is an active Floridian business entity incorporated 11th January 2024. Aaron Smith-Levin acts as the agent for this non-profit. Aaron Smith-Levin, Christi Gordon, Mike Brown and 7 others are officers of this non-profit.

Probable url:
https://thesptvfoundation.com/ Not yet active!
They are going to be a 501 (c) 3 Nonprofit Charity (after IRS approval) so their domain will be a <whatever>.ORG actual URL is The SPTV Foundation

Last edited:

Inanna

Arriving fresh from Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon
I have no issues with Aaron whatsoever. Can’t say the same about every single one of the others, though.

The Aftermath Foundation has new board members. It will be interesting to see what they do. The billboard was huge and they say that now that it got taken down, they plan to do some other things in the future.

HelluvaHoax!

GRATUITOUS COMMENTARY ON THE
EMERGENCE OF A SECOND FOUNDATION

Now there are two (2) foundations.

It's like they have a "Day" and a "Foundation"
of the same org. Nobody knows WHY that kind
of thing happens around Scientology. . .

Well, actually I kinda have a theory about why---and it's not so they can plan the "Birthday Game".

I think that it's because there are two (2) different generations.

Think THE GREATEST GENERATION ("TGG") that lived/fought during World War II and the BABY BOOMER GENERATION ("BBG") that were their kids.

At a certain point, they split.

TGG went to airports, music concerts and shopping quite formally.

Women typically with long dresses, hats and gloves. . .

The Greatest Generation en route to their local Sears store,
excited to see the demonstration of a new button
sewing accessory for their sewing machines.

Men typically with suits, ties and hats...

Husband impatiently waits for for his wife while she does her
makeup and hair. He's getting concerned they won't get to the
local hardware store before closing time so they can
make a final purchasing decision on which
bathroom plunger to get.

By contrast the "rebelling" Baby Boomers wore anything anywhere; didn't go to church and never set foot in a Sears since they didn't sell rolling papers, weed or acid. And they were rarely seen at airports since they didn't have steady jobs that paid they money, so they "hitched" rides.

Hitchhiking Boomers exit their ride downtown and head out to look for a
"head shop" to buy a day-glo Hendrix poster, incense and some vanilla candles.

The Greatest Generation loved their soothing Frank SInatra and Henry Mancini records. By contrast, Boomers cranked chaotic psychedelic anthems like "Purple Haze" and "Voodoo Child" all the way up to 11.

Yeah, so that's all that I think happened with the mitosis that split the Aftermath Fdn into two separate entities.

Each generation has their strengths and weaknesses. Medal winning victories and blind spots.

If you give it enough time, the wilder newer generation eventually comes around and discovers that they really dig Frank Sinatra albums too.

Different strokes for different folks. It's all normal. Even within major corporations and movements there are smaller "special interest" divisions/departments. General Motors, for example. Chevrolet sells very plain and simple cars at modest prices to working folks. But they also sell a wildly flashy $200,000, 670 horsepower Corvette.

2023 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Convertible 3LZ Z07

And, just like the aging hippie generation who discover Sinatra, the greatest generation just as often saved up money so when they retired they could buy a Porche or a Corvette.

SUMMARY: Two foundations, one purpose—under god, with liberty and justice just fun for all.

Isaac

We’re here to empower
people who want to leave Scientology and those who have already left by offering support during their transition into mainstream society and beyond.

:cheerleader: :thewave: :dance3: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Karakorum

Ron is the source that will lead you to grief
Well, let's see where this all goes. I wish them all the best and hope to see Aaron and co raise a lot of money and then put it to good use, while being very transparent about it all.

L Ron Hubbard

Lets take a look at the new website for the SPTV foundation! we will be able to see the new board members, the mission statement and how people who want to leave scientology can get help. " SPTV was created to empower ex-members, providing them with a platform to share their truths without having their stories misrepresented or taken advantage of by mainstream media and journalists with their own agenda."

Trippy

I've never quite understood the SPTV branding and I think it undermines any attempt to reach out to people within COS.

You have to be out already to get the joke and the humour in calling yourself a "Suppressive Person". But it's no joke to those who are still in even if they are currently having thoughts and doubts about the church.

I guess my point is that advertising yourself as SP is going to immediately put people off from listening to any criticism of the church or advice for people still in. Which is why it undermines their goal. It's like an organisation trying to reach out to people in a Christian Cult, and branding themselves Satanists. It's not an appropriate banner to reach out with.

Last edited:

KKS

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.”
i DID NOT WANT TO PUT A POOP EMOJIE UNDER YOUR POST BUT i THINK IS SPTV JUST WHAT WE NEED

I've never quite understood the SPTV branding and I think it undermines any attempt to reach out to people within COS.

You have to be out already to get the joke and the humour in calling yourself a "Suppressive Person". But it's no joke to those who are still in even if they are currently having thoughts and doubts about the church.

I guess my point is that advertising yourself as SP is going to immediately put people off from listening to any criticism of the church or advice for people still in. Which is why it undermines their goal. It's like an organisation trying to reach out to a Christian Cult calling themselves Satanists. It's not an appropriate banner to reach out with.

Reyne Mayer

Pansexual Revolutionary
and it seems to me that it also assumes everyone who is part of the unorganized SPTV movement is on board, and i don't think that's the case.

i think unfortunately ASL is being a sort of copycat, though a viable alternative to the Aftermath Foundation could be a welcome addition.

I M Dex

Nice website, I like it. We'll see how this all works out.

Trippy

Even
i DID NOT WANT TO PUT A POOP EMOJIE UNDER YOUR POST BUT i THINK IS SPTV JUST WHAT WE NEED
Please don't misunderstand me. All the people speaking out and making content criticising the abuses of CoS is clearly a very good thing and highly commendable. What my issue is that it's already super hard to convince somebody on the inside of CoS to listen to those criticisms to try and get them to start questioning CoS. Members of CoS aren't even receptive to hearing criticisms from friends and family whom might have already left and instead will disconnect from those friends and family. So the idea that they're going to pay attention to criticism coming from people brazenly calling themselves "SPs" seems impossible. As that will just reinforce everything they've been taught about SPs wanting to destroy CoS through evil intent.

So all SPTV can do is preach to those who have already left, because people inside will immediately shut off and ignore anybody referring to themselves as an SP. Hence why I think all the good work done by those using the SPTV banner is being undermined by that banner.

Type4_PTS

Even

Please don't misunderstand me. All the people speaking out and making content criticising the abuses of CoS is clearly a very good thing and highly commendable. What my issue is that it's already super hard to convince somebody on the inside of CoS to listen to those criticisms to try and get them to start questioning CoS. Members of CoS aren't even receptive to hearing criticisms from friends and family whom might have already left and instead will disconnect from those friends and family. So the idea that they're going to pay attention to criticism coming from people brazenly calling themselves "SPs" seems impossible. As that will just reinforce everything they've been taught about SPs wanting to destroy CoS through evil intent.

So all SPTV can do is preach to those who have already left, because people inside will immediately shut off and ignore anybody referring to themselves as an SP. Hence why I think all the good work done by those using the SPTV banner is being undermined by that banner.
I believe you have a fair point about the name. Aaron spoke about this some weeks ago in one of his videos. He claimed that many under the rader Scientologists are watching some of the SPTV channels and he didn't believe the name would be an issue.

Another point he made is that those people accepting help from either of the foundations would end up getting SP declared by CoS. So it is something they have to take into consideration when deciding whether or not to accept help, especially if they have family still in.

KKS

Floor Jansen - Shallow | Beste Zangers 2019

KKS

I used to believe Marty Rathbun and Mike Rinder Go figure

Nightwish - Dead Boy's Poem - Live In Buenos Aires 2018 - Decades Tour

Even

KKS

I will donate money to this new SPTV foundation and I have never donated to any shit scam before. That was Humor lol. Karens do not get it.