The Sickening Thud (Anya)

SuperstarNeilC

I was in the Sea Org in 1991 at Saint Hill UK. I worked as Cashier in the Refectory (cafeteria). My job was to man the checkout and take payment for the drinks, meals and snacks purchased. My customers included all the 200 Saint Hill SO crew, including CLO execs etc, outer org trainees, and all the publics on-lines. There were public from all over Europe doing courses such as the SHSBC, and auditing on their OT levels.

One of my customers was a young woman (late 20s), named Anya, from Switzerland or Austria (I forget which). She had come to Saint Hill for OT 3, which she completed, and was staying there to complete OT 5.

She’d come into the Refectory a few times each day for meals and protein shakes etc. She was very nicely spoken and uptone and was really happy to be moving onto OT5. She was of fair complexion with longish silky blonde hair.

Then one day she came into the Refectory in floods of tears. She told me that the Case Supervisor had C/Sed her to re-do the Purification Rundown before commencing NOTs. She really didn’t want to retread the Purif, and seemed inconsolable about it. I didn’t get a coherent answer out of her about why she didn’t want do re-do the Purif. (Maybe she had a boyfriend back home she wanted to get back to, or had work commitments, I don’t know. I didn’t want to press her on the issue).

Anyway, she started back on the Purif, but she was never her bright happy self again. Whenever I spoke to her after that she appeared downtone and tearful.

Then one day, about 2 weeks into her Purif, she came into the cafeteria and ordered a glass of ice cold pure orange juice. This was around 7pm, and she was the only customer in there. She sat alone at a table and slowly sipped her beverage. I was at the counter area giving the coffee machine a clean and scrub.

After about 20 minutes she got up from the table and crossed the room and exited through the side door, towards the course rooms. I was still scrubbing the coffee area so just saw her exit with my peripheral vision.

Then I heard a little cry “ugh” and then a loud sickening THUD. I felt a vibration of the thud through the floor into my feet. A cold chill shot up my spine. It was a strange sound and I thought, “What the fuck?”.

I walked quickly over to the door and saw Anya lying in the corridor, sprawled out, face down, on the hard stone floor. She looked unconscious. I had no medical training so I sprinted to the closest office burst open the door and told a senior exec to come out.

We both rushed over to Anya. She was still unconscious. I then made a mad dash to the Security Office, because those guys a hatted in First Aid. We got back to Anya. She was still out cold. I could see a large puddle of blood around her head, oozing from under her silken hair.

Anyway, I was ushered out of the way and Security took over. Anya was moved somewhere, I don’t know where. I do know that NO ambulance was called. No ambulance turned up to to take her to the hospital.

I never saw her again. I never heard any mention of the incident. Five minutes after collapsing she was whisked away somewhere unknown, and I never heard her name spoken of ever again.

mimsey borogrove

You want sickening thuds? New York Org has you beat hands down. Scientology in NY had it's org in the Martinique Hotel. The building is like a donut reaching up 12 or so stories. On the mezzanine floor ( ball room) where the org was - the ceiling was the roof of the center of the donut, the rest extending upwards. That consisted of rooms the hotel rented out.

Thud #1
At the time I was working in central files, it was mid winter. Over the weekend one of the pipes on the outside of the building collapsed, punching a hole in the ceiling above addresso. Snow was blowing in, and the org had rented one of those kerosene space heaters to keep the org livable. So the ball room which had accordion doors dividing the academy were constantly being open and shut as the staff opened them up so the lone space heater could blow hot air into our work space, and the academy supervisors closed them to keep the students warm. It took about a week for it to get fixed. There was no point taking your winter clothes off when you went in the org, it was so cold.

Thud #2
Prolog.
There was a low rent building downtown Manhatten full of "dbs" what were living on welfare in the building when it collapsed as the subway train passed beneath it. The city in it's infinite wisdom moved them all into the Martinique. Things went down hill from there. These tenants would think nothing of dropping sacks of garbage out their windows to crash on to the roof above the ball room.

I got off the subway and as I was about to enter the doors to go to post when I saw a chalk outline of a man drawn on the side walk. When I got onto post there was an auditor who telling us how she was in session when the body fell outside her window sidewalk bound. Talk about keeping your trs in. I was talking to the day cramming officer, who told me he was looking out the window when all the bums in the park across the street got up and ran towards the org. He guessed something hit their reality level, since nothing ever moved them. Not police. Not nothing. Later he found out about the jumper.

Thud #3
I was on post on Saturday when we heard this ka-whump. My post was close to the academy which is where the sound came from. As I approached, the supervisor came towards me saying something hit the roof above the academy. He knew where the stair case and door the roof was. He went out onto the roof, then came back white as a sheet - it was another jumper.

Mimsey

Last edited:

Karen#1

Opening post ~~this is a powerful anecdote.
And you have told the story well. Good job Neil.
The cult has a built in machine formerly called the GUARDIANS OFFICE and the GO re-incarnation Office of Special Affairs (OSA) to carefully cover
up this kind of incident and make it VANISH.

So here we have an OT 3, forced to redo a Purif and after an incident of unconsciousness vanishes and is never spoken of again.
The cult in action.

Going to cross post and tweet. It is an a prime example of how OSA operates. if not for the internet, these stories are buried forever.

Last edited:

The Oracle

I was in the Sea Org in 1991 at Saint Hill UK. I worked as Cashier in the Refectory (cafeteria). My job was to man the checkout and take payment for the drinks, meals and snacks purchased. My customers included all the 200 Saint Hill SO crew, including CLO execs etc, outer org trainees, and all the publics on-lines. There were public from all over Europe doing courses such as the SHSBC, and auditing on their OT levels.

One of my customers was a young woman (late 20s), named Anya, from Switzerland or Austria (I forget which). She had come to Saint Hill for OT 3, which she completed, and was staying there to complete OT 5.

She’d come into the Refectory a few times each day for meals and protein shakes etc. She was very nicely spoken and uptone and was really happy to be moving onto OT5. She was of fair complexion with longish silky blonde hair.

Then one day she came into the Refectory in floods of tears. She told me that the Case Supervisor had C/Sed her to re-do the Purification Rundown before commencing NOTs. She really didn’t want to retread the Purif, and seemed inconsolable about it. I didn’t get a coherent answer out of her about why she didn’t want do re-do the Purif. (Maybe she had a boyfriend back home she wanted to get back to, or had work commitments, I don’t know. I didn’t want to press her on the issue).

Anyway, she started back on the Purif, but she was never her bright happy self again. Whenever I spoke to her after that she appeared downtone and tearful.

Then one day, about 2 weeks into her Purif, she came into the cafeteria and ordered a glass of ice cold pure orange juice. This was around 7pm, and she was the only customer in there. She sat alone at a table and slowly sipped her beverage. I was at the counter area giving the coffee machine a clean and scrub.

After about 20 minutes she got up from the table and crossed the room and exited through the side door, towards the course rooms. I was still scrubbing the coffee area so just saw her exit with my peripheral vision.

Then I heard a little cry “ugh” and then a loud sickening THUD. I felt a vibration of the thud through the floor into my feet. A cold chill shot up my spine. It was a strange sound and I thought, “What the fuck?”.

I walked quickly over to the door and saw Anya lying in the corridor, sprawled out, face down, on the hard stone floor. She looked unconscious. I had no medical training so I sprinted to the closest office burst open the door and told a senior exec to come out.

We both rushed over to Anya. She was still unconscious. I then made a mad dash to the Security Office, because those guys a hatted in First Aid. We got back to Anya. She was still out cold. I could see a large puddle of blood around her head, oozing from under her silken hair.

Anyway, I was ushered out of the way and Security took over. Anya was moved somewhere, I don’t know where. I do know that NO ambulance was called. No ambulance turned up to to take her to the hospital.

I never saw her again. I never heard any mention of the incident. Five minutes after collapsing she was whisked away somewhere unknown, and I never heard her name spoken of ever again.
Sounds like another invalidation, nullification, suppressive C/Sing Scientology seems to do quite often.
That is what I noticed too. Re-doing the bridge over and over with no regard to the effect it has on people. Very dangerous. Glad I jumped off that bridge.