The SCN CULT slang word SRA = Severe Reality Adjustment

Karen#1

Every culture eventually formulates its own language and slang.
The Sea Org of Scientology has several of these.
One word is said to have originated from Miscavige.Familyphoto.jpg
I never heard this word used on the Apollo.
The word is SRA.
SRA means SEVERE REALITY ADJUSTMENT.
It means using such force and overwhelm that the person is stunned, immobilized with his face being ripped off.
Supposedly this is supposed to enforce a change of conduct which is simply another way of saying the cult of SCN uses BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION through force and thuggery. The very same behavior that the cult screams and disparages psychiatry for !
SRA is usually a noun.
E.g. He is going to receive an SRA by the ethics officer. (noun)
Sometimes a verb.
The new Ethics mission will be SRAing a lot of the crew. (verb)
David Miscavige has been known to ORDER SRAs done on selective Sea Org Members.
That gang of RTC members...errr Corleone gangster thugs hiding with a cloaking of religiosity.
How very ecclesiastical and
spiritual
:)

Karen#1

Now here is an example of Miscavige-trained Tom Cruise is how to give an SRA to his subordinates, ie. crew.
(Sounds just like an RPF muster)

Karen#1

From Outer Banks poster Alex Castillo on SRA

I'm glad you posted this because this particular era is something I can talk about because I was at the Flag Land Base from '75 to '81, when you and I met.
In fact, the nightmare started in 1979.
I was sent on a series of missions to Europe in 1979. The missions were initially run by the Flag Bureau. The first mission was to London Fdn, which went very well,resulting in fast recovery after a long decline. After finishing that mission I returned to Saint Hill for debriefing and to return home. Not so. I found a thing called WDC had taken over and I was now ordered to do 3 more missions, Manchester, Plymouth and HAPI in Edinburgh.
While I was at SH waiting for evals and mission orders, Bill Robertson, AKA Captain Bill showed up on mission to Saint Hill Foundation. His mission was to get the GI (gross income) up, as their income statistics were way too
low according to management.
As I waited for my orders I watched him carry out his mission orders.
One cold evening in January, as I stood nearby watching, he took the entire Foun dation staff (all SO members) out of the warm building and made them stand in the freezing cold for almost an hour until those poor guys were nearly blue and approaching hipotherermia. Goddamit! I couldn't believe what he was doing! I was so pissed off watching this shit! But the worst was yet to come. He then said to them out there in the cold: this is what you will feel if you don't get the GI up!
Then he took the shivering crew back into the warm course room, let them thaw out (remember I followed Bill Robertson throughout this episode) and when they were warm again he said (verbatim) "you felt the cold? Good, this how you will feel when you guys get the GI up, so no excuses.
After watching that, what I thought was a Pavlovian, squirrel "handling" I confronted Bill and asked him the old standard question: what policy were you operating on? His response was: that, Alex, was an SRA (severe reality adjustment) and is part of my WDC mission orders. And guess who his Mission Ops was? David Miscavige. Next day I sent a report to my mission ops describing Bill's actions but received no res ponse.
My other 3 ( benign) missions were successful and I returned to Flag sometime in 1979.
I found that the Flag Management Bu was now IMO (International
Management Bureaux) , Kerry Gleason and Allen Buchanan in charge but someone had appointed me Flag Land Base Programme Manager, only answerable to LRH.
The job description was to execute all programmes for the FLB except Pubs and IMO. Everything else including the FSO (their main income source) was down to me managing and executing the many programmes written mainly by the CMO.
I tackled the job with enthusiasm, I had a lot of training and knew how to handle any situation. And I was being left alone, telexing my reports to LRH.
Things were well, stats were up, the FSO was making over $1 million a week and was even getting bonuses!
Suddenly one worning I was approached by the RPF bosun who handed me an RPF assignement, no reason given, signed by Vicky Aznaran, CMO CW. Wow! Shock! How could that be when my post was in such good shape. My line to LRH was suddenly cut.
For two months I fought the assignment using every relevant ethics and justice policies proving that the RPF assignement was illegal. Ken Delderfield, head the LRH Personal Office and Ken Urqhuart, LRH personal communicator proved my assignement to an injustice and against policy but every time their recomendations were "not approved" by the CMO, mainly Aznaran who's boss was David Miscavige.
Eventually I left the RPF because of a SO international amnesty and went back to my post of manager/evaluator.
By mid 1981 David Miscavige influence and the absence of Hubbard on management lines were being strongly felt by many, particularly us who who worked on management at Flag. Harsh ethics was rampant and no one felt safe.
The Miscavige era had begun and nobody knew there was was a monster behind the curtain taking over the reins.
In the Summer of 1981, after an attempt by CMO to separate me from my wife, we fled in the middle of the night, ever to go back.
From there on, what once was an innocuous, fairly benign organization full of well meaning people who just wanted a better world and who dedicated their lives to that purpose, David Miscavige has destroyed it and morphed it into the greedy, inhumane, criminal cult that the Church of Scientology is today. Nothing remains of what so many of us signed for so many years ago.
But that was then.
Today what remains of the old organization is a deluded leader of a bunch of deluded people who follow him, a lot of empty fancy buildings nobody wants to go into and the rest of the world who is quickly becoming aware of the fact that the Church of Scientology is nothing more than a devious, dirty and greedy cult intent on robbing and enslaving as many people as they can.
The Church of Scientology is in a fast decline because of the efforts of so many people who have had the courage and integrity to come forward and speak the truth about what David Miscavige and his criminal cult have been doing to society for so many years.
I know many who have helped expose David Miscavige and his band of criminals, but Iwill just name Karen, Mike Rinder, Jeffrey, Tony Ortega, Leah Remini, Mark Fisher Nancy Many. And so many many other courageous people who are still coming forward.. To tall of you folks I say thank you.
The wolf has lost it's teeth, the orgs are empty, income is crashing, PR is 99 percent negative, few whales left. All good stats thanks to you boys and girls.

Enthetan

Veteran of the Psychic Wars
The word is SRA.
It means using such force and overwhelm that the person is stunned, immobilized with his face being ripped off.
Supposedly this is supposed to enforce a change of conduct which is simply another way of saying the cult of SCN uses BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION through force and thuggery. The very same behavior that the cult screams and disparages psychiatry for !
SRA is usually a noun.
Sounds a lot like the Chinese Communist "struggle sessions"

Over on the Panda Express thread, @Karakorum made the observation

I know J.Atack has expressed an opinion that Hubbard probably read R.J Lifton's book on Maoist thought-reform and torture done on POWs:

I myself suspect it might have instead been Hunter's 1951 book on China (see link for full book free of charge):

But some similarities with the RPF or the little activity we all know as "Chinese School" feels all too similar for me to assume it was just random coincidence or Hubbard's "genius".
I get the feeling that Miscavige may have read up on the techniques, too.

Enthetan

Veteran of the Psychic Wars
From Outer Banks poster Alex Castillo on SRA

I'm glad you posted this because this particular era is something I can talk about because I was at the Flag Land Base from '75 to '81, when you and I met.
In fact, the nightmare started in 1979.
I was sent on a series of missions to Europe in 1979. The missions were initially run by the Flag Bureau. The first mission was to London Fdn, which went very well,resulting in fast recovery after a long decline. After finishing that mission I returned to Saint Hill for debriefing and to return home. Not so. I found a thing called WDC had taken over and I was now ordered to do 3 more missions, Manchester, Plymouth and HAPI in Edinburgh.
While I was at SH waiting for evals and mission orders, Bill Robertson, AKA Captain Bill showed up on mission to Saint Hill Foundation. His mission was to get the GI (gross income) up, as their income statistics were way too
low according to management.
As I waited for my orders I watched him carry out his mission orders.
One cold evening in January, as I stood nearby watching, he took the entire Foun dation staff (all SO members) out of the warm building and made them stand in the freezing cold for almost an hour until those poor guys were nearly blue and approaching hipotherermia. Goddamit! I couldn't believe what he was doing! I was so pissed off watching this shit! But the worst was yet to come. He then said to them out there in the cold: this is what you will feel if you don't get the GI up!
Then he took the shivering crew back into the warm course room, let them thaw out (remember I followed Bill Robertson throughout this episode) and when they were warm again he said (verbatim) "you felt the cold? Good, this how you will feel when you guys get the GI up, so no excuses.
After watching that, what I thought was a Pavlovian, squirrel "handling" I confronted Bill and asked him the old standard question: what policy were you operating on? His response was: that, Alex, was an SRA (severe reality adjustment) and is part of my WDC mission orders. And guess who his Mission Ops was? David Miscavige. Next day I sent a report to my mission ops describing Bill's actions but received no res ponse.
My other 3 ( benign) missions were successful and I returned to Flag sometime in 1979.
I found that the Flag Management Bu was now IMO (International
Management Bureaux) , Kerry Gleason and Allen Buchanan in charge but someone had appointed me Flag Land Base Programme Manager, only answerable to LRH.
The job description was to execute all programmes for the FLB except Pubs and IMO. Everything else including the FSO (their main income source) was down to me managing and executing the many programmes written mainly by the CMO.
I tackled the job with enthusiasm, I had a lot of training and knew how to handle any situation. And I was being left alone, telexing my reports to LRH.
Things were well, stats were up, the FSO was making over $1 million a week and was even getting bonuses!
Suddenly one worning I was approached by the RPF bosun who handed me an RPF assignement, no reason given, signed by Vicky Aznaran, CMO CW. Wow! Shock! How could that be when my post was in such good shape. My line to LRH was suddenly cut.
For two months I fought the assignment using every relevant ethics and justice policies proving that the RPF assignement was illegal. Ken Delderfield, head the LRH Personal Office and Ken Urqhuart, LRH personal communicator proved my assignement to an injustice and against policy but every time their recomendations were "not approved" by the CMO, mainly Aznaran who's boss was David Miscavige.
Eventually I left the RPF because of a SO international amnesty and went back to my post of manager/evaluator.
By mid 1981 David Miscavige influence and the absence of Hubbard on management lines were being strongly felt by many, particularly us who who worked on management at Flag. Harsh ethics was rampant and no one felt safe.
The Miscavige era had begun and nobody knew there was was a monster behind the curtain taking over the reins.
In the Summer of 1981, after an attempt by CMO to separate me from my wife, we fled in the middle of the night, ever to go back.
From there on, what once was an innocuous, fairly benign organization full of well meaning people who just wanted a better world and who dedicated their lives to that purpose, David Miscavige has destroyed it and morphed it into the greedy, inhumane, criminal cult that the Church of Scientology is today. Nothing remains of what so many of us signed for so many years ago.
But that was then.
Today what remains of the old organization is a deluded leader of a bunch of deluded people who follow him, a lot of empty fancy buildings nobody wants to go into and the rest of the world who is quickly becoming aware of the fact that the Church of Scientology is nothing more than a devious, dirty and greedy cult intent on robbing and enslaving as many people as they can.
The Church of Scientology is in a fast decline because of the efforts of so many people who have had the courage and integrity to come forward and speak the truth about what David Miscavige and his criminal cult have been doing to society for so many years.
I know many who have helped expose David Miscavige and his band of criminals, but Iwill just name Karen, Mike Rinder, Jeffrey, Tony Ortega, Leah Remini, Mark Fisher Nancy Many. And so many many other courageous people who are still coming forward.. To tall of you folks I say thank you.
The wolf has lost it's teeth, the orgs are empty, income is crashing, PR is 99 percent negative, few whales left. All good stats thanks to you boys and girls.
What was happening during that era, starting around 1979 and up to 1985, was that David was systematically removing all potential threats to his authority, all potential opposition to his takeover.

That meant that anybody who had worked long and closely with LRH had to be "handled" (either expelled or cowed into submission). In that, I think he may have read Machiavelli's "The Prince".

“For it must be noted, that men must either be caressed or else annihilated; they will revenge themselves for small injuries, but cannot do so for great ones; the injury therefore that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance.” ― Niccolò Machiavelli, The Prince

Karakorum

Every culture eventually formulates its own language and slang.
The Sea Org of Scientology has several of these.
One word is said to have originated from Miscavige.View attachment 9892
The word is SRA.
SRA is usually a noun.
Sometimes a verb.
The new Ethics mission will be SRAing a lot of the crew. (verb)
David Miscavige has been known to ORDER SRAs done on selective Sea Org Members.
That gang of RTC members...errr Corleone gangster thugs hiding with a cloaking of religiosity.
How very ecclesiastical and
spiritual
:)
This was always a source of sophomoric humor among Russian speakers.

In Russian there is a verb srat' (срать) which means "to shit" as in "to defecate".

Karen#1

Interesting post on Outer banks.

Does anyone recall the SCN lawyer William 'Bill' Drescher ?

Here is the post ::

Yes, SRA.. William 'Bill' Drescher an Attorney told me he was ordered by DM to SRA another church Attorney.. When the time came to do it Bill couldn't remember to which Atty and for what reason. He said he had been under a tremendous pressure when that order came, all was blurry and he was at loss...all he knew that he was supposed to do it
😊