The Sara Komkovadamanov lie

Veda

During our discussion on an other thread, where we disagreed on some points, Karakorum provided a lot of valuable backround information, and did some valuable research. Karakorum provided documentation that definitively debunked the "Komkozadamanov" lie.

Here are pages 1,2, and 5 of the confidential Scientology Intelligence issue, Intelligence Actions, Covert Intelligence Data Collection. It was written shorty after an article appeared in the Times of London exposing Hubbard's involvement with Parsons in Pasadena in December 1945 and early 1946. Hubbard wrote this for his inner circle Intel people.

Link to the complete document.

For the general public, who might have been "enturbulated" by the Times of London article, the story was circulated that Hubbard (as a prestigious Naval officer) "had been sent in by Naval Intelligence to break up a black magic group."

The tenth paragraph down, on page two - a big paragraph - beginning with "The enemy objective is to discredit," is pertinent to this discussion. Hubbard insists that Sara's real name is "Sara Komkovadamanov (alias Northrup)."

That would mean her father was a Russian. Hubbard doesn't mention her father being a sex pervert, violent, and a criminal too, but the implication is that her father, at least, was a Russian communist, and that Sara was a Russian communist agent.

One would have thought that Hubbard would have known about Sara's father as you described him, but he didn't mention it.

"A family of criminals" would have had a nice ring to it. I guess Hubbard thought the "Commie angle" would "work" better.

Go figure.

Anyway, here are pages 1,2, and 5:

Page 2:

Page 5:

When reading this, keep in mind that Hubbard's confidential instructions "to use enemy tactics"
also apply here. Scientologists, "in the know," would understand that instruction on how to protect from the bad guys - instruction that explained their tactics - was also instruction on how to use those same tactics.

There is the additional detail that Hubbard "used enemy tactics," not just on the bad guys, but on loyal Scientologists too. For example, he'd tell them about how the bad guys used "black propaganda" to manipulate, then he'd turn around and use "black propaganda" to manipulate them.

No one suspected because it was RON, their "greatest friend," doing it, and they were all together fighting the enemy to save the planet, etc.

Very covert, very sneaky, very mirror maze, very "through the looking glass."

To refresh our memories, here's Alva Rogers account from the beginning of this thread:

______________Begin quote______________​

In ads placed in the local paper Jack specified that only bohemians, artists, musicians, atheists, anarchists, and other exotic types need apply for rooms - any mundane soul would be unceremoniously rejected. The ad, needless to say, caused quite a flap in Pasadena when it appeared...

Betty, [Elizabeth was Sara's middle name] who had been living with Jack for a number of years, complemented him admirably. She was young, blonde, very attractive, full of joie de vivre, thoughtful, humorous, generous... However this tranquil relationship was soon to be exposed to pressures, from a most surprising source, that would lead to its disintegration.

It all began on an otherwise undistinguished day in the late fall of '45 when we got word that L. Ron Hubbard was planning to wait his terminal leave from the Navy at 'The Parsonage'... Ron arrived on a Sunday, driving an old reddish Packard and hauling a house trailer...

I liked Ron from the first. He was of medium build, red headed, wore horned rim glasses, and had a tremendously engaging personalty. For several weeks he dominated the scene with his wit and his inexhaustible fund of anecdotes... Unfortunately, Ron's reputation for spinning tall tales (both off and on the printed page) made for a certain degree of skepticism in the minds of his audience. At any rate, he told one hell of a good story...

Ron was a persuasive and unscrupulous charmer... He was so persuasive and charmingly unscrupulous that within a matter of a few weeks he brought the entire house of Parsons down around poor Jack's ears...

___________End of quote_________

Sara's granddaughter and great granddaughter

...Old man Northrup was an abusive parent.

Quote:
"Northrup’s life was already filled with sexual abuse. She’d been molested by her father from a young age, a trauma that likely explains why she was already sleeping with Jack Parsons by age 13. "
Source: 10 Tragic Facts About Sara Northrup, L. Ron Hubbard's Wife - Listverse

Quote:
Olga (Sara's mother) had remarried to a man named Burton Northrup. Though her three daughters from her first marriage had taken Northrup’s name their marriage had been far from happy. He was reportedly abusive towards the girls, including his own two daughters with Olga, and was imprisoned for financial fraud in 1928.
Source: https://headstuff.org/culture/history/jack-parsons-occult-rocketman/

Now from a book "Strange Angel: The Otherworldly Life of Rocket Scientist John Whiteside Parsons". Fair use quote:

Hubbard lied. Not least because "Komkovadamanov" isn't even a valid Russian surname. It might sound Russian to someone not familiar with the language, but it is not. Trust me, I'm a Russian speaker.

My best bet is that Hubbard assumed that the feds back in the day couldn't care less about an abusive parent, but they would be interested in a Russian communist spy. So he did what he would usually do: he tried to lie to them and make up fantastic tales of spies and intrigue.

I haven't read Strange Angel. Does this come from Strange Angel? which was originally a book, but also became a television drama series.

After 1951, as far as I know, Sara only gave one interview and that was during 1986 for the book Messiah or Madman? She then, when she was ill towards the end of her life, around 1996, made some cassette tapes recounting her experiences. Her daughter contacted me in 1997 for advice on where these cassettes could be forwarded for safe keeping. I've not listened to the tapes, but I see that segments of them have been used. Does Strange Angel quote from them?

I'm unclear as to the original sources of the information. Some of it would likely derive from court or other public records, which a researcher might uncover. The rest sounds as though it might be recounting or testimony. But from whom?

Was it from Sara?

As for "Komkovadamanov," that's already being cited as true by at least one non Scientology "source," and is on its way to becoming an Hubbardian "factual fact," by reason of being "agreed upon" by enough people.

A similar thing happened to Hubbard's hoax Russian Manual which was picked up by right wing and evangelical pundits and groups during the 1950s, 1960s, and 1970s, who absolutely believe it's authentic.

That Sara and her sisters were abused is entirely plausible, and does make sense.

That, however, doesn't make Jack Parsons an "enforcer," or Hubbard a cult victim.

:)

But thanks again for the excellent research, especially the definitive debunking of the "Komkovadamanov" nonsense.

Last edited:

Karakorum

I think the more valuable post from me about this issue was here. because that's where I explain why the surname doesn't make sense in the Russian language context.

So let me re-post the relevant part (I've also added the last bulletpoint, since some people might find it amusing):

The name "Komkovadamanov" alone seems fictitious. Using the most straightforward transliteration to Russian we would end up with "комковадаманов", which if you put it in google ends up with just one single search result (a wikipedia entry about Hubbard and Sara Northrup).​
If this was a real Russian surname, you would certainly find other pages and mentions of other people who still have the same surname (for example on ВКонтакте - the Russian equivalent to facebook). But there's none.​
So let me sum up the evidence against this being a real surname of Sara:​

• It instantly sounds like a fake surname to Russian speakers. I'm a Russian speaker btw.
  • There are no Russians, neither past or present that have this surname. Google search is unable to find a single Russian person with that surname online.
  • The Russian language has a different suffix for male and female users of a surname (adding an "a", "ova" on the end or "vna" for daughters). So for example a male колоколов becomes a female колоколовна or колоколова Even if it was a real surname, the female one would be Komkovadamanova. The fact that Hubbard doesn't even use the correct female surname suffix makes it even more likely that he just made the surname up.
  • The beginning of the surname "Kom-" is also incredibly suspicious. Words that begin with "kom" in Russian are foreign loan-words such as "communism", "commander", committee", "computer" etc. The "kom" syllable doesn't make sense in a surname really, as surnames are almost always old and created out of native words or old greek/religious ones.
  • Olga (Sara's mother) was of Swedish descent, her first husband was British, her second was American. So where would this hypothetical 3rd Russian guy fit on the timeline? While it is not entirely impossible that Olga had 3 husbands/lovers in that time span, it does sound unusual and suspicious.
  • The funny thing is, the latter part of Hubbard's fictional surname "-adamanov" would actually sound like a legitimate surname. If you type адаманов in google search then a bunch of people with this surname will come up. Granted, that is not really an ethnic Russian surname but instead a Tatar one. So "Komkovadamanov" sounds like a real surname with a bunch of gibberish added in front. Something like what "Xawharwilliamson" would be in English.

Last edited: