The Power of Words: Scientology's Language and Word Choice -- Video

Enthetan

Veteran of the Psychic Wars
In Scientology, choices on how to deal with a situation are often deliberately restricted.

When "stats are down", the demanded solution is "work harder" or "obtain more money from the public", rather than spend time possibly re-thinking to process, or (horrors) accepting that sometimes stats are going to be down regardless of what staff do.

Similarly, in "racism" discussions, the demanded solution is that white people work harder at reducing disparities, rather than (horrors) examining whether there is anything that minorities could do to improve their own situation by their own efforts.

Karakorum

Broke ranks over 10 years ago, never looked back
In Scientology, choices on how to deal with a situation are often deliberately restricted.
Especially with various leading language.

- You are coming to the event, right?
- And we like to raise our stats, don't we?
- Well of course you will inform us.
- Oh only a loser would decline and you are not a loser.

- We all know what needs to be done.
- Well, "there must be a victory", right?
- It's not like YOU would ever do such a thing.

- Deep in your heart, you know this is the greatest good for the greatest number of dynamics.
- You know better then me that sacrifices need to be done.

- I know you will manage to have it done on time.
- Well, the one person that can press her hard enough to make her talk - that's you.
- You will make it go right, I know that.

I sometimes spot such leading language even in a corporate setting. My reflex reaction to that is to instantly reply with a question: "What makes you think that?". The expressions on people's faces when you give that reply - priceless :D