The Insidiousness of “Certainty” in Scientology

JackStraw

LOL!

THE EVOLUTION OF A SCIENCE

"Number of times over materials equals certainty." - L. Ron Hubbard

"Number of times over (materials) equals brainwashing."
- Xenu Xenu Xenu

"Number of times over materials equals retread revenue." - L. Don Hubbard*

* Don Hubbard (see photo above left and cv below)

I had an OT 7 (old style) friend who used to quip: The number of times over the materials equal circuitry! :D

Jack

Karakorum

Ron is the source that will lead you to grief
Scientology will make you certain of things that aren't true
Another quote that deserves to be on a shirt.

I also remember "If it isn't fun it isn't scientology!"
The correct quote is: ""If it isn't fun ridiculous it isn't scientology!"

“One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision.”

Bertrand Russell
Scientology promises people that they will be cause over MEST, they just have to give up mastery over their own thoughts and convictions. Be certain with someone else's certainty.

Teddy would have something to say about it:

Last edited:

Xenu Xenu Xenu

Scientology will make you certain of things that aren't true. No reason to know anything else than what is told to you.

I told a still-in friend about the DK theory, and he didn't believe it because it was psyche based. Same with the subject of confirmation bias.

I thought it made for a beautiful irony.
Scientology also made me do certain things that are stupid and ridiculous.

Prior to joining the cult, if you had told me I would be out on sidewalks trying to get people in for "Free Personality Tests" or going door to door selling "Dianetics" books; I would have said you were crazy.

And yet there I was for two and a half years doing exactly that, starving almost to death, and wearing the cheapest polyester clothes I could find.

Gotta watch out for that "certainty". It will get you every time.

Dotey OT

Re-Membered

Prior to joining the cult, if you had told me I would be out on sidewalks trying to get people in for "Free Personality Tests" or going door to door selling "Dianetics" books; I would have said you were crazy.

And yet there I was for two and a half years doing exactly that, starving almost to death, and wearing the cheapest polyester clothes I could find.

I understand.

For years I felt as though I was doing "God's Work" or some nonsense, while I was doing call in and trying to make a saner world by clearing words, doing clay demos, writing chits, etc.

I am unsure about some things, but sure about others. I am essentially certain that I am uncertain, that is for certain.

Xenu Xenu Xenu

After all I did in scn, all the courses, all the auditing, all the ethics, all the introversion, I found myself. I didn't find myself because of scientology, but in spite of it.

I am beginning to think that if you have half a brain at all, that in end we do end up understanding a little more about ourselves in the end and that is without the help of an infallible cult or system.

Xenu Xenu Xenu

I understand.

For years I felt as though I was doing "God's Work" or some nonsense, while I was doing call in and trying to make a saner world by clearing words, doing clay demos, writing chits, etc.

I am unsure about some things, but sure about others. I am essentially certain that I am uncertain, that is for certain.
Yes, and the fat man on the boat knew you were as well. He must have gotten a big laugh out of all of us.

Dotey OT

Re-Membered
The original person that recruited me years ago (my fsm) said this in an email to me today:

"I suspect we would be more than a little surprised if we fully compared notes on our assessment of the prior 3 decades. I have a similar consideration about what allowed bright people such as ourselves , Norman, Sam, Alice, Peter, etc… to remain unaware for so long. It’s not good or bad; it’s what happened and we survived and learned a tremendous lesson that many will never experience. It can be put to use or become an excuse."

Karakorum

The original person that recruited me years ago (my fsm) said this in an email to me today:
You might want to delete this post, since emails are one of the things you-know-hoo can get easy access to.

Riddick

I clap to no man

oh gawd, tell me about it. If I knew before I joined staff I would be walking the streets handing out personality tests or trying to sell a book to my friends outside of scientology, to get stats up, I would have never joined staff. That wasn't me.

At the SF Mission, we had many a times of all hands on deck to get the sub stats up, you know, letters out, promo out, OCA's out. So everybody had to walk the streets. LOL

To win the Birthday Game. LOL

I have a convoluted history. I blew staff a few times, once from the Sea Org and staff. Both times I recovered myself and rejoined, why because I was certain of the tech and I didn't want to get declared a SP. LOL

Anyways, when I decided to route out properly, instead of blowing, after I recovered myself, I was on the Routing Out form staff Routing Out Form.

So the Routing Out form says the person is the condition of Doubt. No shit sherlock. I don't want to be on staff anymore as I can't survive, making no money to pay for living expenses. So anyways, per the routing form you are supposed to do mest work while working up the condition of doubt and also get auditing security checks. So, while waiting for a auditor to give you security checks, one is supposed to be doing mest work.

Well, the ethics officer said I can write letters out to CF. I said OK, I guess better than doing mest work. So i did, I wrote letters to CF. But then the ethics officer said we want you to hand out personality tests to the streets, I said OK, but after doing it for a day, I was like this is fucked.

So, I told the EO, I ain't gonna do that, put me on mest work, I'd rather clean toilets. She walked off in a huff and a puff.

Anyways, after a few months I routed out, with a freeloader debt. I did get the security checks finally and no crimes were found. LOL

But you know, after leaving staff properly, why I still had certainty of the tech. LOL Hubbard was in my mind thoroughly.

I ended up marrying a OT8 because I was certain of the tech.

Xenu Xenu Xenu

oh gawd, tell me about it. If I knew before I joined staff I would be walking the streets handing out personality tests or trying to sell a book to my friends outside of scientology, to get stats up, I would have never joined staff. That wasn't me.

At the SF Mission, we had many a times of all hands on deck to get the sub stats up, you know, letters out, promo out, OCA's out. So everybody had to walk the streets. LOL

To win the Birthday Game. LOL

I have a convoluted history. I blew staff a few times, once from the Sea Org and staff. Both times I recovered myself and rejoined, why because I was certain of the tech and I didn't want to get declared a SP. LOL

Anyways, when I decided to route out properly, instead of blowing, after I recovered myself, I was on the Routing Out form staff Routing Out Form.

So the Routing Out form says the person is the condition of Doubt. No shit sherlock. I don't want to be on staff anymore as I can't survive, making no money to pay for living expenses. So anyways, per the routing form you are supposed to do mest work while working up the condition of doubt and also get auditing security checks. So, while waiting for a auditor to give you security checks, one is supposed to be doing mest work.

Well, the ethics officer said I can write letters out to CF. I said OK, I guess better than doing mest work. So i did, I wrote letters to CF. But then the ethics officer said we want you to hand out personality tests to the streets, I said OK, but after doing it for a day, I was like this is fucked.

So, I told the EO, I ain't gonna do that, put me on mest work, I'd rather clean toilets. She walked off in a huff and a puff.

Anyways, after a few months I routed out, with a freeloader debt. I did get the security checks finally and no crimes were found. LOL

But you know, after leaving staff properly, why I still had certainty of the tech. LOL Hubbard was in my mind thoroughly.

I ended up marrying a OT8 because I was certain of the tech.
Yes, the right kind of stuff can make you dance, sing, and do all sorts of things you would never normally do. It's like watching a hypnotist make people do stupid stuff.

Karakorum