The Inhumanity of Scientology

Type4_PTS

Cross-posting this from Mike Rinder's blog today.

The Inhumanity of Scientology
September 30, 2019 By Mike Rinder 40 Comments

Sadly, too many people pass away without the opportunity to say goodbye to their loved ones. Those who die in tragic accidents or without warning. Others in other cities or countries that make it logistically impossible for a final face-to-face meeting. Some are estranged for whatever reason and don’t reach out to them, even when they often regret it as they take their final breaths and it has become too late.

Then there are those who have had their familial relationships sundered by their beliefs — that it will be spiritually harmful to associate with “non-believers” or those who have been cast out.

And finally, there are those who are victims of scientology’s vindictive and unrepentant efforts to destroy those who speak out against its abuses. And this leads to deaths of family members with no opportunity to reconcile, but even beyond that, a legacy of hatred in words and videos that are intended to live on as hurtful reminders forever.

I know about this. The last words from mother directed at me were at the behest of scientology. Words that I know she didn’t truly mean. Words of hate towards her oldest son. She thought she had no choice but to say the things that were scripted for her. They had only one purpose, to intimidate or shame me into silence (and by shame I mean to make me feel like I was responsible for putting her through the torture of having to publicly hate on her son). In 2010 I had visited Australia with Christie and tried to see my mother. She was in a nursing/old age home, and having previously suffered a terrible car accident, and also a heart transplant, I was certain this would be my last chance to see her and tell her I loved her and that I knew what she had said was not from her. And regardless of that, I forgave her unconditionally. And loved her unconditionally. It was a long way to travel. Scientology tailed us with PI’s all the way from the US. They knew where I was heading, and shortly before I arrived in Melbourne, she was “disappeared” out of the state (her other children are all in Melbourne and she has no other family anywhere). I went to the home where she had been living and found a woman who told me all about her and someone who kindly allowed me to see the room she lived in. I left her a note telling her I loved her. In 2013 I found out she had died and had a memorial service the day previously from a total stranger. She never met her newest grandson who was born in 2012. Her legacy remains the words of hate scientology compelled her to make. See my blog post Disconnection and My Mother which recounts this story and reprints the original article about trying to visit her in more detail.

<snip>

Full Post: The Inhumanity of Scientology

There is much more to that post, including a similar experience that Christie (Mike's wife) dealt with in her family, and also a message from Leah Remini, about what happened recently within her family.

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

Here's a related story as well:

Scientology tried to sell ‘Daily Mail’ on story she was a sexual abuser, Leah Remini says
By Tony Ortega | September 30, 2019

Last week, Leah Remini made a remarkable post on Instagram about the death of her estranged biological father, George Remini, and how she had heard nothing about him being sick. She didn’t even learn about his death until after a funeral had been held.

In her post, Leah made only a partial reference to the way Scientology had used George Remini for a set of videos trashing his famous daughter, which took place after her A&E series, Scientology and the Aftermath, was renewed for a second season in 2017.

Most of the press coverage of Leah’s Instagram post was confused on that point: The press stories didn’t seem to understand why Leah said that Scientology had “dictated” the final years of her non-relationship to him, and some of the stories allowed Scientology to trash her without any context of how the church had used George for its dirty tricks against Leah.

Well, today Leah cleared up any confusion with a powerful lengthy statement she made at Mike Rinder’s blog.

<snip>

Full Post: https://tonyortega.org/2019/09/30/scientology-tried-to-sell-daily-mail-on-story-she-was-a-sexual-abuser-leah-remini-says/?fbclid=IwAR1WcJaWMa1xy5O_B1Fxk-dtDWVdpktC7LQvcDYYCgB0FA0HEQRLHrhkZBE

lotus

Pfizer DNA biotech frog
How sad!
:(

Anyone who has a heart know an elderly needs to make peace with children before passing away. COS is so mean, greed and vengeful they deny this healing process to any vulnerable scientologist with threats of losing their eternity if they dare to communicate with a children the COS hate.

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

After viewing the videos the CoS made where they use they use family members against other family members who escaped, Leah Remini wrote:

"Some have wondered why I haven’t sued the shit out of every person involved in making these rehearsed, poorly produced and staged libelous videos.

The simple, but truthful answer is because I’ve been busy.

But I do have some time available now."

Last edited: