The hidden brain in your skin - Claudia Aquirrel - TEDxUCLA

Zertel

This video popped up after something else I was watching and I watched it. I couldn't help but relate it to some parts of scientology.

At 9:25 she mentions that an out of body experience is sometimes caused by a "gentle touch" stimulating some part of the brain.

At 15:00 she mentions that the three skin conditions mentioned at the beginning were resolved, two by hypnotherapy and the other by some other form of "therapy."

If nothing else, at least for me, scientology remains a basis for comparison to a lot of other subjects. I was out of scientology before the internet but if I had seen this talk on film I might have written to her and suggested she get some auditing and auditor training. lol

P.S. Some people don't know that you can use the Settings tool on youtube videos to speed up the playback.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Good video, very thought provoking!

I was not sure when she said "out of body experience" that she meant it literally. Is that how you interpret it?

It just would seem very odd if a scientist would casually toss that term in (which would be a major bombshell if science discovered that a being could leave their physical body) and then not even mention that earth-shattering breakthrough. I can't imagine a scientist giving a scientific lecture would mean that literally without some sort of foundational support. I mean, by that, if "exteriorization" or "astral travel" has been proven, that is far more mindblowing that the skin info she is speaking about.

But that aside, I found the talk really interesting and informative, thanks much for posting it!

Zertel

Good video, very thought provoking!

I was not sure when she said "out of body experience" that she meant it literally. Is that how you interpret it?

It just would seem very odd if a scientist would casually toss that term in (which would be a major bombshell if science discovered that a being could leave their physical body) and then not even mention that earth-shattering breakthrough. I can't imagine a scientist giving a scientific lecture would mean that literally without some sort of foundational support. I mean, by that, if "exteriorization" or "astral travel" has been proven, that is far more mindblowing that the skin info she is speaking about.

But that aside, I found the talk really interesting and informative, thanks much for posting it!

She did say "out of body experience." Maybe she meant in in the sense that some people have a realization of "the mind" as being a separate and distinct part of existence as opposed to just "being a body" in scientology lingo. Just a guess.

Inferring or suggesting hypnotherapy or some other form of mental approach to skin conditions is also a step away from the norm. From a scientology point of view, "We had that figured out years ago." If science continues in that direction maybe squirrel auditing of skin conditions will become a profitable business in the future. (just being facetious)

O

Oat Tea Ate

This video popped up after something else I was watching and I watched it. I couldn't help but relate it to some parts of scientology.

At 9:25 she mentions that an out of body experience is sometimes caused by a "gentle touch" stimulating some part of the brain.

At 15:00 she mentions that the three skin conditions mentioned at the beginning were resolved, two by hypnotherapy and the other by some other form of "therapy."

If nothing else, at least for me, scientology remains a basis for comparison to a lot of other subjects. I was out of scientology before the internet but if I had seen this talk on film I might have written to her and suggested she get some auditing and auditor training. lol

P.S. Some people don't know that you can use the Settings tool on youtube videos to speed up the playback.
You said "scientology remains a basis for comparison to a lot of other subjects"
Scientology remains a basis for comparison to a lot of other subjects because Hubbard copied and pasted things that worked from other philosophies etc and wove them into a neat little ball of poison where when Scientology does not work, you "believe" it is your fault. Then he caps it off with 76 trillion years of lifetimes where you fucked things up. Everything wrong with you is because of something you did in a past life or current life. Everything good that happens to you is due to L Ron Hubbard's miracle snake oil tech.
I would not use Scientology to compare anything too. It is very toxic and dangerous to one's well being.

Zertel

You said "scientology remains a basis for comparison to a lot of other subjects"
Scientology remains a basis for comparison to a lot of other subjects because Hubbard copied and pasted things that worked from other philosophies etc and wove them into a neat little ball of poison where when Scientology does not work, you "believe" it is your fault. Then he caps it off with 76 trillion years of lifetimes where you fucked things up. Everything wrong with you is because of something you did in a past life or current life. Everything good that happens to you is due to L Ron Hubbard's miracle snake oil tech.
I would not use Scientology to compare anything too. It is very toxic and dangerous to one's well being.
I'm not promoting scientology. Scientology covered a broad range of subjects from human emotion and reaction to the occult. Comparing one subject or data set to another is rational and the scientific method. :) And also the only way to free oneself from a cult "mindset."

Last edited:
O

Oat Tea Ate

I'm not promoting scientology. Scientology covered a broad range of subjects from human emotion and reaction to the occult. Comparing one subject or data set to another is rational and the scientific method. :) And also the only way to free oneself from a cult "mindset."
I am very well aware that Scientology covered a broad range of subjects. L Ron Hubbard wove his poisonous tech into every area of my life, my mind, my family, my job, my beliefs. It was a mother fucker to straighten things out after I got out of that mind fuck.

Zertel

I am very well aware that Scientology covered a broad range of subjects. L Ron Hubbard wove his poisonous tech into every area of my life, my mind, my family, my job, my beliefs. It was a mother fucker to straighten things out after I got out of that mind fuck.
I left scn in 1982 before going into the OT space opera and never read a word about scn until watching "Going Clear" in 2015 got me interested in taking a look. I was surprised to discover that in the intervening years I had carried forward several scn concepts which I now consider false.