The foreign policy of the Church of Scientology.

ISNOINews

Independent Scientology and Nation of Islam news
The foreign policy of the Church of Scientology.

----------------------------------------

As noted in the linked ESMBR threads --

ESMBR threads about Scientology and China:

https://exscn2.net/search/245674/?q=China&c[title_only]=1&c[users]=ISNOINews&o=date

ESMBR threadsa about Scientology and India:

https://exscn2.net/search/245675/?q=India&c[title_only]=1&c[users]=ISNOINews&o=date

-- the Church of Scientology (usually but not exclusively working through the Church of Scientology National Affairs Office) has recently been quite assertive in their criticism of the two most populous nations on earth, China and India.

While I personally share the church's concerns about, and quite frankly disdain for, the human rights atrocities of China and the Hindustani policies and human rights violations of India, I have my doubts whether the Church"s foreign policy is in the best long term interest of the Church.

To start, the Church has two religious foundations in India, the Religious Foundation of Scientology in New Delhi and the Religious Foundation of Scientology of Kolkata.

Screenshot_20210817-174934_1629247907453_1629248396036_1629248488876.png

Screenshot_20210817-175458_1629248202139.png

One suspects that the Church's recent call for India to be designated a Country of Particular Concern and to face sanctions did not make life easier for either Foundation.

While the Church currently does not have any churches, organizations or front-group offices in the People's Republic of China (PRC), the Church may want to consider whether the PRC will eventually recover Taiwan, where the Church has major churches, organizations and front-groups, and had seen relative recent success.

I understand that the Church's strong criticisms of China and India help it form alliances with other churches and human rights groups. I also understand that such criticism helps further the Church's alliance with the Christian Right.

Nonetheless, I am not entirely sure that pissing off the government's of the two most populous nations on earth -- representing a total of 2.8 billion people -- is the best long term strategy.

We will see.

/