Terril Park

The_Fixer

Bent in all sorts of ways..
Hi PG, Terril is based a long way from me, so no actual meeting, I only have his son's reports to me and my two facetimes with Terril to go by.
But here's what I see:
He is very slow to recall memories, slow to speak, but he is all there intelectually. His body though is giving up; Eric tells me he can hardly get out of bed. He did have a very bad back condition before, so I think that just got worse during his stay in hospital.
Wish I could say some better things, but thats the sit,,,,
Sounds like he has a long road ahead. I hope he advances well.

HARLEQUIN

Glad to hear you are cognitive Terril. You'll get back. Only just saw this news. Saddened by it. You are a strong BEing. I only signed up to pass on all the positive I can muster and send your way. Its been a few years since OMCB. Rest up!

Vumba

Many Freezoners know Terril, who has been a great communicator and organiser.

I'm writing this post to tell you that Terril had a bad stroke about 2 months ago. He survived and returned home from hospital after a few weeks and is now starting the long climb back to health again. I contact him through his family and facetime with him sometimes. He is still cognizant, but slow in recall and very much bed ridden at he moment.

I would be very happy to pass on any messages you may have to him when I next speak to him. You can also email me at [email protected].
I’m sorry to hear this news. I wish him a speedy recovery. Thank you for the information. 🌸

D

Deleted member 51

I’m sorry to hear about Terril’s stroke, but glad to hear he is recovering. Physical Therapy is literally miraculous for stroke victims if they work hard at it and have enough sessions. In Australia, I saw every stroke victim under my care recover, some initially with half their bodies paralyzed. Recovery is slow, though, and can take as long as six months to two years.

I’ll PM you later today to relay my best wishes for Terril and my email address. He is a good-hearted man and we were FB friends, but we lost touch since I am no longer on FB.
Please send Terril my love and tell him to hang in there. Every week gets better, but it’s not always easy to see. 💕 Thank you for relaying this news to us here.

I’m sorry to hear about Terril’s stroke, but glad to hear he is recovering. Physical Therapy is literally miraculous for stroke victims if they work hard at it and have enough sessions. In Australia, I saw every stroke victim under my care recover, some initially with half their bodies paralyzed. Recovery is slow, though, and can take as long as six months to two years.

I’ll PM you later today to relay my best wishes for Terril and my email address. He is a good-hearted man and we were FB friends, but we lost touch since I am no longer on FB.
Please send Terril my love and tell him to hang in there. Every week gets better, but it’s not always easy to see. 💕 Thank you for relaying this news to us here.
Thank you Sheila for those encouraging words. You know Terril is in the UK and I'm afraid Health Care is very SLOW. Apparently it will take 6 months to get him into therpy, meanwhile he is confined to his bed! What a bad system. Anyway, I shall pass on your message today.

(BTW love the budgy, I bred them as a kid.)

Update on Terril Park

I spoke to Terril today on a video link.

Thought you'd like to know that cognitively Terril has improved markedly, has good recall and communicates well, if a little slowly.

A little bad news is that Covid has put back, once again, his physical therapy start date and he is still very much bed bound.

I read him every communication you sent to him, and he remembered some of the tags, like JustSheila and Cats Squirel. He wanted me to pass on his warm thoughts and thanks to you all.

I'm hoping his son can get him fixed up with a laptop or something so he can get back online.

Thank you for all your good wishes and kind thoughts to our special mutual friend..........................

I don't know if he will remember me, but you can tell him an old friend wished him well.

Nick Warren
I spoke to him today on a video link and he remembered you, and said that you were a very good friends. He said you both visited Ralph's together one time. He also said you lived around SH at one time and I think thats where I remember you from.

I'm very pleased with his cognative progress, just wish he could get physical therapy started cos he's bed bound.

Well Sheila, he remembered you well and was very touched by your encouraging words which I relayed to him when I spoke to him today.
He has very niced memories of your earlier association, and said you spent a deal of time in Aus and now lived somewhere about 500 miles from me - I won't say where on a public forum though.
thx again, Stu......................

NickWarren

I spoke to him today on a video link and he remembered you, and said that you were a very good friends. He said you both visited Ralph's together one time. He also said you lived around SH at one time and I think thats where I remember you from.

I'm very pleased with his cognative progress, just wish he could get physical therapy started cos he's bed bound.
Well, I am sure you and everyone are doing what they can. Thanks for saying "Hi" for me. Yeah, we were both at Ralph's place in Semmering one time and I also remember travelling up to London to play bridge one time against a couple of his friends,

I am still vaguely in the SH area - near Eastbourne these days.

Nick

D

Deleted member 51

Thank you Sheila for those encouraging words. You know Terril is in the UK and I'm afraid Health Care is very SLOW. Apparently it will take 6 months to get him into therpy, meanwhile he is confined to his bed! What a bad system. Anyway, I shall pass on your message today.

(BTW love the budgy, I bred them as a kid.)
I’m sorry to hear about the long wait. I am not a licensed PT, but spent years personally doing PT exercises with stroke victims between appointments so I know a number of PT exercise routines by heart, as well as the precautions taken. If Terril has someone to work with him, I can give some instructions so he can make progress in the meantime, even while bed bound. 🙂 The exercises are pretty simple and standard, not difficult with a coach.

He cannot do them without a coach present, though, and I would need to know how the stroke affected him to get him on an appropriate routine. Please speak to him about it and see if he has volunteers available to coach him. I can do a video link with him and his coach. The coach should be physically able to assist, follow directions and realize that each PT session is not taken to a win but to a point of physical exertion and minor discomfort but stopped before physical pain. Recognizing that point is the hard part, but some FZers he has as friends can probably do this well.

Please ask Terril for a time we can do a video or voice link so I can chat with him and work out the details. You’re an angel. :hug: Thank you for helping him. :biglove:

I’m sorry to hear about the long wait. I am not a licensed PT, but spent years personally doing PT exercises with stroke victims between appointments so I know a number of PT exercise routines by heart, as well as the precautions taken. If Terril has someone to work with him, I can give some instructions so he can make progress in the meantime, even while bed bound. 🙂 The exercises are pretty simple and standard, not difficult with a coach.

He cannot do them without a coach present, though, and I would need to know how the stroke affected him to get him on an appropriate routine. Please speak to him about it and see if he has volunteers available to coach him. I can do a video link with him and his coach. The coach should be physically able to assist, follow directions and realize that each PT session is not taken to a win but to a point of physical exertion and minor discomfort but stopped before physical pain. Recognizing that point is the hard part, but some FZers he has as friends can probably do this well.

Please ask Terril for a time we can do a video or voice link so I can chat with him and work out the details. You’re an angel. :hug: Thank you for helping him. :biglove:
Hi Sheila, spoke to Terril and his wife and son. Both of these will coach him and Terril is up for it!! I must warn you though that it will be a long and arduous job, and you will need a lot of patience.

Please email me at [email protected] and I will give you the WatsApp contact details.

BTW - You are the Angel.

Stu.

D

Deleted member 51

Hi Sheila, spoke to Terril and his wife and son. Both of these will coach him and Terril is up for it!! I must warn you though that it will be a long and arduous job, and you will need a lot of patience.

Please email me at [email protected] and I will give you the WatsApp contact details.

BTW - You are the Angel.

Stu.
Oh that’s wonderful! :happydance:

Physical Therapy is not difficult to learn to do with others and it’s not as mysterious as practitioners make it out to be. It’s a good experience for both and only takes 1/2 hr to an hour a day. Terril shouldn’t wait. :no: Muscle must be kept active, especially at his age. As an ex/FZer, he has quite an advantage because he can already focus well on body parts.

I’ve just worked 24 hours in two days, but I’m off tomorrow so will give my details to you and PM and email both you and Terril tomorrow and we’ll set up a time for online and video private chat. 😊
Many years ago, when no one knew me on the original exscn, only Terril and a few others believed in me and supported me with friendship and gave me the benefit of the doubt. I have never forgotten that. Terril is my friend and I’m happy to help!

Good night now. Details in the morning. Hugs!! 🤗