Sydney Aust CoS kicks out 10 older staff members onto the streets.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation.
What happened to Colin, @oneonewasaracecar? I knew him when I was on staff for a while in the late '70s. I went to his place once at Clovelly. He was a nice guy.
Hi Rock Slam (cool handle!) ... I don't think oneonewasaracecar has been around here recently so he may not see your message for a while.

Welcome to ESMB though ... someone else may have some info on Colin for you.

:welcome2::welcome2::welcome2:

Rock Slam

Hi Rock Slam (cool handle!) ... I don't think oneonewasaracecar has been around here recently so he may not see your message for a while.

Thanks, Trouble. I remember an occasion when Colin instructed an old drunk who had wandered into the Lee St. premises to "take your body out that door." The drunk wasn't keen on complying. It was an amusing episode.

Enthetan

Veteran of the Psychic Wars
Thanks, Trouble. I remember an occasion when Colin instructed an old drunk who had wandered into the Lee St. premises to "take your body out that door." The drunk wasn't keen on complying. It was an amusing episode.
I remember one time I was in the org, and this guy came in and asked if Ron was the AntiChrist. I said "No". He then asked if I was the AntiChrist. I said "No". He then asked if I thought HE was the AntiChrist. I said I didn't think so.

I then advised him to go to the park and look at a large rock for a while. He wandered off. Maybe he even did what I told him to do.

Hi ITYIWT. Yeah, I haven't been around a lot. I do check in every now and then, but I don't log in often.

What happened to Colin, @oneonewasaracecar? I knew him when I was on staff for a while in the late '70s. I went to his place once at Clovelly. He was a nice guy.
Hi Rock Slam. Welcome aboard.

I feel bad replying to your question because you knew him and it's really not a nice story. Anyway, you did ask, so I'll tell you.

Colin was in the Sea Org in Sydney until his death at about the age of 30. He had a dental problem, an infected gum, which was never treated as he was paid Sea Org wages and Scientology would not pay for dentistry. He developed an abscess, and then eventually it became cancerous or gangrenous and he died of it. I think it took about 11 painful years for it to kill him and it was all completely preventable.

I didn't know him personally, I've heard this at protests in Sydney back in the day. It was Kookaburra who told me, I'm not sure if she posts here, but she was on ESMB1.

I'm sorry for your friend. It's terrible how little the Scientology organisation cares about their people and they are nice people, a lot of them. I remember Edward Dickey, who was in the Sea Org in Sydney. I'd heard that his mother was being regged for his inheritance. They basically called her PTS on some trumped up charges so they could charge her for the ethics handling. They found out she owned her own house free and clear and they cooked up the scheme to get her to borrow against the house to pay them. With her son in the Sea Org, she either paid up or she never saw him again.

Rock Slam

Hi ITYIWT. Yeah, I haven't been around a lot. I do check in every now and then, but I don't log in often.

Hi Rock Slam. Welcome aboard.

I feel bad replying to your question because you knew him and it's really not a nice story. Anyway, you did ask, so I'll tell you.

Colin was in the Sea Org in Sydney until his death at about the age of 30. He had a dental problem, an infected gum, which was never treated as he was paid Sea Org wages and Scientology would not pay for dentistry. He developed an abscess, and then eventually it became cancerous or gangrenous and he died of it. I think it took about 11 painful years for it to kill him and it was all completely preventable.

I didn't know him personally, I've heard this at protests in Sydney back in the day. It was Kookaburra who told me, I'm not sure if she posts here, but she was on ESMB1.

I'm sorry for your friend. It's terrible how little the Scientology organisation cares about their people and they are nice people, a lot of them. I remember Edward Dickey, who was in the Sea Org in Sydney. I'd heard that his mother was being regged for his inheritance. They basically called her PTS on some trumped up charges so they could charge her for the ethics handling. They found out she owned her own house free and clear and they cooked up the scheme to get her to borrow against the house to pay them. With her son in the Sea Org, she either paid up or she never saw him again.
That's terrible, oneonewasaracecar, but thanks for making it known. Stuff like that needs to be made known. I wasn't aware that Colin went on to join the dreaded Sea Org. At the time I knew him I think he was on a 5-year contract with the Sydney Day Org. I never saw him again after I blew in about 1977/78, for obvious reasons, but I remember him as a really nice bloke, a bit of a mentor for me during my few years in Scientology. He married an English girl who was also on staff, whose name I no longer recall, and they had a baby. I wonder what became of them? It's all so long ago now. Unlike for some people, my time in Scientology was comparatively brief, just a few years when I was a curious young person, and then I moved on to other human things.

The_Fixer

Yeah, you certainly get to know who your friends are in the cult.

Like you're thick as thieves when you're in, then you leave and no one knows you anymore - or even wants to.....

To quote Dickens:

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times..."

That's terrible, oneonewasaracecar, but thanks for making it known. Stuff like that needs to be made known. I wasn't aware that Colin went on to join the dreaded Sea Org. At the time I knew him I think he was on a 5-year contract with the Sydney Day Org. I never saw him again after I blew in about 1977/78, for obvious reasons, but I remember him as a really nice bloke, a bit of a mentor for me during my few years in Scientology. He married an English girl who was also on staff, whose name I no longer recall, and they had a baby. I wonder what became of them? It's all so long ago now. Unlike for some people, my time in Scientology was comparatively brief, just a few years when I was a curious young person, and then I moved on to other human things.
I very glad you didn't get in too far. Most of the people who have been on this board and the original EXSCN forum have seen many tragedies like this first hand. I'm not sure what happened to the rest of his family but if he joined the Sea Org, I can't imagine it was good.