Stories about stupid KRs - redux

Karakorum

In my old org, we had a staff member rape the 9 year old daughter of another staff member, OSA got involved, he was quietly kicked out, no police involvement
Thanks. That perfectly confirms my suspicions where the line was drawn between regular out-2d cases and OSA turf.

Also, sorry to hear that. That's beyond the level of madness I ever had to face inside.

Enthetan

Veteran of the Psychic Wars
Thanks. That perfectly confirms my suspicions where the line was drawn between regular out-2d cases and OSA turf.
meant
Also, sorry to hear that. That's beyond the level of madness I ever had to face inside.
The Line was very clear: if it's something that might generate interest from the police, or negative PR, then it's OSA.

The prime mission of GO/OSA was to ensure that the Org faces no legal risks, police investigations, or negative newspaper headlines, by whatever means necessary.

That often meant quietly telling criminals to go away and don't come back. It also meant convincing victims that "expulsion" was a worse punishment than a jail sentence, so they should be satisfied with that and not go to the police (which would get the complaining witness in trouble for drawing negative PR down on the org).

I'm reminded of another incident, the HCO Area Secretary of NY Fdn murdered his (public, celebrity) girlfriend, and OSA/CMO got heavily involved to ensure that Scientology stayed out of the stories. I mentioned this story last year:

additional on the old site:

programmer_guy

True ex-Scientologist
IMO, KRs are not unique to the Church of Scientology.

You could be an employee at a company where the CEO has narcissistic personalty disorder.
At that company there will be frequent finger-pointing and blame-gaming amongst the employees.

Karakorum

IMO, KRs are not unique to the Church of Scientology.

You could be an employee at a company where the CEO has narcissistic personalty disorder.
At that company there will be frequent finger-pointing and blame-gaming amongst the employees.
In most companies the CEO will not go down to micro-manage the level of the individual employee of the company.
However, most big corporations have their own ethics department where employees can file reports of abuse and wrongdoing. Though the volume of these reports appears to be a tiny fraction of what you see in scientology.

Culture is one thing, tools are another.

Last edited:

onceuponatime

OSA gets involved when it's a legal or PR threat. The priority is keeping bad PR away from the org/church/scientologists. So yeah, they are going to convince people to not report crimes to the police etc. because it could cause negative PR.

On the subject of KRs. You can have a bad boss/co-worker anywhere you work. In scientology it's built-in to how you're supposed to operate. While I'm sure most companies have some sort of internal report line I'm also sure it's rarely used (not going to get into if that's right or wrong). In scientology you are supposed to chit/KR anything you see. J&D comment? chit. Clothes dirty? chit. Have a question and don't know who to ask? Dev-t, chit. I don't know any other company that even comes close to this. This is because the whole scientology management system is nutty but I'm not going to go into all of that.