Serge Obolensky

SuperstarNeilC

“According to L. Ron Hubbard policy, a Committee of Evidence is supposed to be completed within one week, or else it is determined to be Non-Existent and is – by policy – to be disbanded.”

They call it “staledated”. If not convened within 7 days it’s staledated, and should be dispanded.

A Committe of Evidence is similar to a Court Martial in the military. If you’ve been accused of some misdemeanour or crime you have to stand up and state your case in front of a panel of Executives. You can bring along witnesses to speak on your behalf, if you have any. The Accuser also gets to state their side, with witnesses. The Panel, after hearing all evidence, judge you guilty or not and will publish their Findings and Recommendations.

“While waiting for my punishment I was told that they don’t do that “one week” thing anymore, they take as much time as is needed to convict you.”

They’ve *always* flouted policy on that “one week thing”. When I was at Celebrity Centre International, 1992, a Comm Ev was called on 14-year-old Serge Obolensky. (He was Night Cleaner in the galley, and a few times he’d been caught taking a “cat nap” about 3am or 4am, because he was so tired, when he should have been on duty.)

They Comm Eved him for it. The Comm Ev dragged on weeks past the seven day limit. I wrote a KR about it, saying it had staledated and was therefore null and void, defending Serge, but Security and HCO bollocked *me* for “sticking my nose in their business”.

The Findings & Recommendations deemed Serge should be kicked out of CC. He was sent to work as cleaner at AOLA. He wanted to stay at CC but they dismissed his pleas. He was gutted.

This was the beginning of a terrible downward spiral for Serge. (Remember, he was only 14). He ended up making a pipe bomb and blowing his hands off. He lived as a vagrant on Hollywood Boulevard for years afterwards.

~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~

I was good friends with Serge. He was a wonderful human being, among the nicest and most intelligent people I’ve ever met in my whole life. We were both night cleaners at Celebrity Centre. *No one* in the whole org, except me, ever spoke a word to him, apart from barking orders.

He used to enjoy blasting the CD player really loud in the galley when he was cleaning at nights. His favourite cd was Megadeth ‘Appetite for Destruction’. If you’re reading this, Serge, this one’s for you

Last edited:

Karen#1

<snip>
This was the beginning of a terrible downward spiral for Serge. (Remember, he was only 14). He ended up making a pipe bomb and blowing his hands off. He lived as a vagrant on Hollywood Boulevard for years afterwards.

~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~

I was good friends with Serge. He was a wonderful human being, among the nicest and most intelligent people I’ve ever met in my whole life. We were both night cleaners at Celebrity Centre. *No one* in the whole org, except me, ever spoke a word to him, apart from barking orders.

He used to enjoy blasting the CD player really loud in the galley when he was cleaning at nights. His favourite cd was Megadeth ‘Appetite for Destruction’. If you’re reading this, Serge, this one’s for you
Thank you Neil for your story on Serge.
I made a video on psychiatry and Serge on Hollywood Blvd. I think you will enjoy this story as it fills you in more.
This video depicts the recurring *Battle cry* of the *Church*of Scientology which is to *OBLITERATE* Psychiatry. This *Battle cry* has been sung for some 40 years. However, the "Church" does not want to accept into its ranks anyone with even a mild psychiatric background. It also shows a story of a 19 year old who lost his way while his parents served in the Sea Org. His parents stayed on in the "Sea Organization" while he lived on the streets in Hollywood in a complete melt-down.

JustSheila

Thanks, Neil, for your account and for being a friend to Serge. I knew him, too. He was not a mean-spirited boy and he was just a boy.

Thanks for also verifying his age when he was sent away. Yes, Serge was a minor when he was sent away from his parents, siblings and all he knew to live on the streets of Los Angeles, just a child. He wasn't even full-grown yet, still not as tall as me. I remember, too.

COS has many times countered this with lying by falsely stating Serge was in his 20s when he was sent away and declared, far more interested in covering up their lies than seeing to his welfare, never taking responsibility for the horrors committed on this man since he was a child. This was the ultimate child abuse, sending away a disturbed child with no family, support structure, relatives or even a legal guardian seeing to his welfare. Serge was not only a child with little education living all alone on the streets of LA, but he was also disabled, missing his hand. :sad:

In my mind, this is one of the worst cases ever of child abuse, neglect and the selfish, cold-hearted truth of Scientology. Scientology ruins relationships and wrecks lives.

SuperstarNeilC

Thank you Karen, for your video. Although very sad, it is important that people are made aware of what happened to Serge. Thank you also JustSheila, for your memories.

~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~

I began working at Celebrity Centre International (estates org, manor hotel) January 1992. Serge was working there at the same time. Because we were both night cleaners we sort of felt like brothers in arms. (there were only 4 staff on night shift - three cleaners and one security guard). The rest of the 200 staff were on the day schedule.

Serge was age 14. Almost all the 200 CC staff were ex-RPF. Miscavige called an RPF Amnesty the year before specifically to man up CC. Serge was also ex-RPF, which means he was at least thirteen, maybe even twelve, (or younger) when he was on that prison-program!!

He was the galley (kitchen) cleaner, and during the night, 3 or 4am, I’d nip in to say Hi to him. Sometimes we’d sit on the back steps and smoke a cigarette. We’d discuss all sorts of stuff. He always had some left-of-centre views which often made a lot of sense. He often viewed a situation in a way no one else had thought of, but completely hit home base with it. Although the rest of the org thought he was psychotic and shunned him, I saw him as a good friend.

He’d like to blast his Megadeth and heavy metal cds when he was cleaning the galley. When he clocked off around 9am he’d sometimes go for a walk up to Griffith Park. He said he liked the solitude up there. Also he’d often go to Hollywood Boulevard to the cinema and watch a movie. One particular film he liked was a horror called ‘Dr Giggles’, about an evil SP dentist who tortured and killed his patients. Serge said it was so good he was going to watch it again, and asked me if I’d like to come watch it with him. I begged-off, I wasn’t in the mood for a slasher flick so he went alone.

Because he’d be out and about during the day (when he should have been sleeping) he was always tired while on post at nights. He was often getting busted by Security for being asleep on post. I remember once he said to me that “CC INT as a whole... was 1.1 on the Tone Scale. The org itself was in Covert Hostility.”

A senior one time called me “1.1”, when Serge was there. Later that day Serge said to me that I was “the *least* 1.1 person he’d ever met.”

To be continued