Sea Org Food

Karakorum

Ron is the source that will lead you to grief

La La Lou Lou

For the average Russian, life under Putin is probably better than life under the USSR.
Possibly, or at least they are being told so. The difference is now that have a good idea of what life looks like over the curtain. Certainly Moscow is looking less drab. You can see by Google street viewing that Moscow looks far better than it would have looked under Stalin, or Peter the Great, or Ivan the Terrible. Shame that google doesn't let you see archives from those times.

Karakorum

Ron is the source that will lead you to grief
For the average Russian, life under Putin is probably better than life under the USSR.
Actually it depends on who you are and what period of the USSR you refer to.

I think every sane person will agree that life under Putin 2021 AD is better than the final years of Gorbachev or WW2 or pretty much anything under Stalin in general.

Things get murky when you mention late Khrushchev or Brezhnev. For many working class people and low ranking state officials (Postmen etc), it was probably better under Brezhnev than it is now. Russia is very, very stratified. The inequalities are not just in terms of finance, but in terms of rights. There are many differences between the Russian state apparatus and that of the US, but Russia is an even more "pay-to-win" system than the US.

If you would take the worst American judicial "pay-to-win" excesses, multiply them by 5 and add a ton of corruption and local nepotism - then you will arrive at the Russian system.

There is the right way to evolve out of the soviet system... and then there's the Russian way. Nuff said.

If you want to see normal countries that evolved out of communism and now thrive, go to Latvia, Estonia, Poland or Hungary. If you want to see the other extreme, go to Russia. Especially west Siberia, the Urals region or Kaliningrad.

Xenu Xenu Xenu

Actually it depends on who you are and what period of the USSR you refer to.

I think every sane person will agree that life under Putin 2021 AD is better than the final years of Gorbachev or WW2 or pretty much anything under Stalin in general.

Things get murky when you mention late Khrushchev or Brezhnev. For many working class people and low ranking state officials (Postmen etc), it was probably better under Brezhnev than it is now. Russia is very, very stratified. The inequalities are not just in terms of finance, but in terms of rights. There are many differences between the Russian state apparatus and that of the US, but Russia is an even more "pay-to-win" system than the US.

If you would take the worst American judicial "pay-to-win" excesses, multiply them by 5 and add a ton of corruption and local nepotism - then you will arrive at the Russian system.

There is the right way to evolve out of the soviet system... and then there's the Russian way. Nuff said.

If you want to see normal countries that evolved out of communism and now thrive, go to Latvia, Estonia, Poland or Hungary. If you want to see the other extreme, go to Russia. Especially west Siberia, the Urals region or Kaliningrad.
1626480590464.png

Letters from Russia by Astolphe de Custine (goodreads.com)

Apparently the US State Department and intelligence agencies have this book as required reading. Amazing since it was written in 1839 or maybe not so amazing.

Karen#1

In the early 1990s, the food allocation budget for David Miscavige was $1000 a week.
In today's money more like $5000 a week, food was way cheaper back then.

Excerpt: written by Lana Mitchell, DM chef.

Standard of Royalty
Now all of the above is the reality that most Sea Org members have of food, berthing and pay. When it comes to David Miscavige however, the standard is altogether different.

First is pay. I do not have specifics on the exact amount that DM is paid on a weekly basis. I do know that when I was in RTC I was stunned to receive a Christmas bonus of over $3000. My senior and other RTC execs received much more – and I was told that this occurred every Christmas as if this was not done then DM’s own salary would look very strange to an outsider, being so much higher than the regular SO pay. The RTC staff received bonuses so that DM could continue to be paid his high salary.

I worked on the food service lines for DM for several years. Over $1000 a week was spent on food supplies for just DM and his wife Shelly. A full time chef, and an assistant chef, worked tirelessly to service the two in a way that most SO members would never believe.

DM eats every 2 hours. He has a specific low-fat diet, which requires constant monitoring of calorie-content of each dish, use of all possible low-fat ingredients, special low-fat cooking styles and methods, and all food must be the freshest and best quality available.

He gets up at midday and has breakfast at lunchtime. He is provided with a cooked breakfast daily, top of the line coffee and has the chef wait for as long as needed so that it is fresh cooked and plated up within minutes of him sitting down.

Lunch is provided within 2 ½ hours. Two choices for lunch are always made, and routinely, (before Shelly disappeared) two choices were made for her as well. That is four separate lunches for 2 people. Choices include home-made soups, Mexican food, Italian food, pizza, subway sandwiches with only the best and most expensive ingredients, and more. The Chef gets these meals together in the Galley and then returns to DM’s service area to personally keep the meals warm/fresh and to personally plate them up and see that they are well received. The Chef cannot return to the kitchen until this is done – and too many times to count, the Chef can wait for more than 2 hours while DM is in a meeting or otherwise engaged, only then to be told that DM decided to eat a protein bar and there will be no lunch served – and there is now only 1 hour till dinner is to be ready.

Dinner is a repeat of lunch – with at least 2 choices of dinner. Again, the meal has to be dished up/plated by the Chef, and only the freshest and most expensive ingredients are used. Chicken breast is the largest organic breasts available, delivered fresh. Vegetables are purchased from the local fresh markets, with a purchaser going specially to buy the needed fruit and vegetables and pay whatever price – regardless of season. Atlantic salmon is flown in from the US east coast or from Canada – fresh. Lamb is corn-fed from New Zealand. Steak is filet-mignon, and organic.

There is an evening snack delivered 2 hours after dinner. This is a repeat of lunch – however routinely lighter foods.

Then, there is a late night meal/snack that is put together and provided for after midnight. This is routinely a cheese and fruit platter, a platter of antipasto – all top of the line, best possible ingredients. Smooth goat’s cheese, mellow blue-vein, smoked gouda, aged-tasty cheeses – served with organic crackers. Presentation of all items is top of the line, with garnishes, fruit carvings and edible flowers -- you name it. DM stays up until around 3am and then get a cushy 8 – 9 hours sleep to emerge fresh at lunchtime each day (while the majority of staff around him have had far less).

There are full-time kitchen staff who perform these functions, and there are also anything from 1 – 3 full-time RTC stewards who act to coordinate the meals and do the actual food service.

All of the above is the regular run-of-the mill regular Sea Org production day for the DM royalty.

Now – where things start to really ramp up is when you get celebrations and guests. DM’s birthday is an extravaganza to behold. The food preparation is started a full 2 – 3 days in advance, and is based on a wish list, a theme and there are no expenses barred. The menu is plucked from 5-star restaurants and books, the ingredients are shipped in from across continents – and there is no limit to satisfy and impress. Fresh lobster was a regular item on the menu. Fresh live shrimp was also. The exclusive foi gras (duck liver) was a favourite, at huge cost. Truffles were another item that featured routinely. A guest such as TC results in similar levels of food creativity.

Read full essay here:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation.
In the early 1990s, the food allocation budget for David Miscavige was $1000 a week.
In today's money more like $5000 a week, food was way cheaper back then.

Excerpt: written by Lana Mitchell, DM chef.

Standard of Royalty
Now all of the above is the reality that most Sea Org members have of food, berthing and pay. When it comes to David Miscavige however, the standard is altogether different.

First is pay. I do not have specifics on the exact amount that DM is paid on a weekly basis. I do know that when I was in RTC I was stunned to receive a Christmas bonus of over $3000. My senior and other RTC execs received much more – and I was told that this occurred every Christmas as if this was not done then DM’s own salary would look very strange to an outsider, being so much higher than the regular SO pay. The RTC staff received bonuses so that DM could continue to be paid his high salary.

I worked on the food service lines for DM for several years. Over $1000 a week was spent on food supplies for just DM and his wife Shelly. A full time chef, and an assistant chef, worked tirelessly to service the two in a way that most SO members would never believe.

DM eats every 2 hours. He has a specific low-fat diet, which requires constant monitoring of calorie-content of each dish, use of all possible low-fat ingredients, special low-fat cooking styles and methods, and all food must be the freshest and best quality available.

He gets up at midday and has breakfast at lunchtime. He is provided with a cooked breakfast daily, top of the line coffee and has the chef wait for as long as needed so that it is fresh cooked and plated up within minutes of him sitting down.

Lunch is provided within 2 ½ hours. Two choices for lunch are always made, and routinely, (before Shelly disappeared) two choices were made for her as well. That is four separate lunches for 2 people. Choices include home-made soups, Mexican food, Italian food, pizza, subway sandwiches with only the best and most expensive ingredients, and more. The Chef gets these meals together in the Galley and then returns to DM’s service area to personally keep the meals warm/fresh and to personally plate them up and see that they are well received. The Chef cannot return to the kitchen until this is done – and too many times to count, the Chef can wait for more than 2 hours while DM is in a meeting or otherwise engaged, only then to be told that DM decided to eat a protein bar and there will be no lunch served – and there is now only 1 hour till dinner is to be ready.

Dinner is a repeat of lunch – with at least 2 choices of dinner. Again, the meal has to be dished up/plated by the Chef, and only the freshest and most expensive ingredients are used. Chicken breast is the largest organic breasts available, delivered fresh. Vegetables are purchased from the local fresh markets, with a purchaser going specially to buy the needed fruit and vegetables and pay whatever price – regardless of season. Atlantic salmon is flown in from the US east coast or from Canada – fresh. Lamb is corn-fed from New Zealand. Steak is filet-mignon, and organic.

There is an evening snack delivered 2 hours after dinner. This is a repeat of lunch – however routinely lighter foods.

Then, there is a late night meal/snack that is put together and provided for after midnight. This is routinely a cheese and fruit platter, a platter of antipasto – all top of the line, best possible ingredients. Smooth goat’s cheese, mellow blue-vein, smoked gouda, aged-tasty cheeses – served with organic crackers. Presentation of all items is top of the line, with garnishes, fruit carvings and edible flowers -- you name it. DM stays up until around 3am and then get a cushy 8 – 9 hours sleep to emerge fresh at lunchtime each day (while the majority of staff around him have had far less).

There are full-time kitchen staff who perform these functions, and there are also anything from 1 – 3 full-time RTC stewards who act to coordinate the meals and do the actual food service.

All of the above is the regular run-of-the mill regular Sea Org production day for the DM royalty.

Now – where things start to really ramp up is when you get celebrations and guests. DM’s birthday is an extravaganza to behold. The food preparation is started a full 2 – 3 days in advance, and is based on a wish list, a theme and there are no expenses barred. The menu is plucked from 5-star restaurants and books, the ingredients are shipped in from across continents – and there is no limit to satisfy and impress. Fresh lobster was a regular item on the menu. Fresh live shrimp was also. The exclusive foi gras (duck liver) was a favourite, at huge cost. Truffles were another item that featured routinely. A guest such as TC results in similar levels of food creativity.

Read full essay here:

He should have his bits removed (very slowly) for eating foie gras, the appalling cruelty involved has no justification at all. The more I hear about this man the more I dislike him.

What a complete waste of space he is.

Cat's Squirrel

In the early 1990s, the food allocation budget for David Miscavige was $1000 a week. In today's money more like $5000 a week, food was way cheaper back then.
What I find remarkable (never having been on staff myself) is how compliant everyone involved with this seems to be. We're on beans and rice whilst DM is eating foie gras, truffles and organic steak? No problem. It's almost as though they've had had their rebellious tendencies surgically removed.

At least he doesn't do cocaine, I suppose, or use hookers.

Karen#1

What I find remarkable (never having been on staff myself) is how compliant everyone involved with this seems to be. We're on beans and rice whilst DM is eating foie gras, truffles and organic steak? No problem. It's almost as though they've had had their rebellious tendencies surgically removed.

Well, staff had no idea. DM's personal household expenses and luxury diet.
These things are kept well hidden from Sea Org Members.
Lana Mitchell only leaked that data after she escaped and fled the Sea Org, years later.
Even now, guessing DM weekly food allocation is $3000 to $5000 range, no Sea Org members would know this.

Jesse Prince reported that Miscavige and Pat Broeker frequented Las Vegas and enjoyed Las Vegas offerings and *FUN* in those years
when Miscavige took $1 million in hard cash in the suitcases to Hubbard for Pat Broker delivery to San Luis Obisbo ranc
h.

Enthetan

Veteran of the Psychic Wars
He should have his bits removed (very slowly) for eating foie gras, the appalling cruelty involved has no justification at all. The more I hear about this man the more I dislike him.

What a complete waste of space he is.
I am more concerned about the cruelty he routinely inflicts on the humans around him, than what happens to some ducks (or geese, foie gras can come from either).

D

Deleted member 51

Come on someone must know the real scoop, whom would've worked in the kitchen like, let's say the Manor.
The roaches were rampant! Millions if not close to, at least a Million!

Come-on now spill the beans, no pun intended. I promise not to puke over the thought of what I might have eaten. Circa 1986-1988, lol.

Rice and Beans, Rice and Beans, chanting Rainman Style in my head.
That's all I remember eating for dinner. Though eggs and some bacon and occasional French toast for breakfast. I did have a burger or two at the Cantina at the Manor. The meat didn't smell good but it was a welcomed change up when I had money sent from home and I could splurge beyond the quarters and soap needed for my laundry.
There are lots of stories of RPF who worked in the galley (food kitchen) at PAC in the 70s and 80s talking about cleaning the nasty grease and all the rats in the ceilings. I can tell you personally those stories are true. The cook told me once a rat dropped down in his soup from the ceiling! :omg: :puke2: He never confirmed if he threw the soup out, either. They used big, monstrous round steel containers to make the soup - what looked like it held about 50 gallons. I think it was original Cedars Sinai hospital kitchen equipment.

The kitchen was always short of cleaning crew so were periodically assigned the RPF for the filthy jobs.

The refrigerators were well locked with good seals every night and safe from people but also rats, at least.

In the late 70s they sold the old grease to a food company that would clean and reuse it, but the company stopped after a few months, said the grease was too filthy and contaminated.

marra

I remember a sea org member telling me DM lived in sea org accommodation the same as every other sea org member. That's how they keep the scam going, by keeping the truth hidden. If scientologists knew the truth about LRH and DM they would be more likely to leave.

La La Lou Lou

You can prove that?

La La Lou Lou

Well, staff had no idea. DM's personal household expenses and luxury diet.
These things are kept well hidden from Sea Org Members.
Lana Mitchell only leaked that data after she escaped and fled the Sea Org, years later.
Even now, guessing DM weekly food allocation is $3000 to $5000 range, no Sea Org members would know this.

Jesse Prince reported that Miscavige and Pat Broeker frequented Las Vegas and enjoyed Las Vegas offerings and *FUN* in those years
when Miscavige took $1 million in hard cash in the suitcases to Hubbard for Pat Broker delivery to San Luis Obisbo ranc
h.
Have to wonder if DM knew Epstein.

Cat's Squirrel

I just don't buy this, sorry. How would it go on, if no Sea Org members knew about it? I can understand outer org staff (such as those at the org I was at) not knowing the score, but there isn't any way I can see that DM could carry on living high off the hog without it being known to some people in the Sea Org. Even if he brought in a totally independent, private catering crew, someone in the SO would have oversight of the monies paid out to them.

Last edited:

Xenu Xenu Xenu

I just don't buy this, sorry. How would it go on though, if no Sea Org members know about it? I can understand outer org staff (such as those at the org I was at) not knowing the score, but there isn't any way I can see that DM could carry on living high off the hog without it being known to some people in the Sea Org. Even if he brought in a totally independent, private catering crew, someone in the SO would have oversight of the monies paid out to them.
I can only think that some people know the score and that the idea is to keep the number of people who know at a bare minimum. Those who do know are told that Dave works so hard for Scientology and that this is deserved. Those who do know also find ways to agree with it all and make it "all right" in their heads. They are culties after all. That would then leave a very small few including Miscavige who know what a scam it is and who enjoy all the comforts and perks that come with being at the very top of a money making cult.

I am not saying I know that for a fact but it is a lot more possible or believable than the Xenu story, or Ron the war hero.

D

Deleted member 51

I just don't buy this, sorry. How would it go on, if no Sea Org members know about it? I can understand outer org staff (such as those at the org I was at) not knowing the score, but there isn't any way I can see that DM could carry on living high off the hog without it being known to some people in the Sea Org. Even if he brought in a totally independent, private catering crew, someone in the SO would have oversight of the monies paid out to them.
As far as monies go, those dealing with the higher transfers were often tape-recorded (as I was in the year I was Dir Income USGO), or these days, videotaped. They are not allowed to disclose sensitive financial information. I’m sure those dealing with DMs personal expenses had to sign confidentiality bonds. That’s not uncommon in Finance. So really, the info wouldn’t likely come from there.

DM would have had his own dining room and staff, just as the CMO in PAC did, only more secluded. His personal staff would have more perks, and have loyalty and fear impressed on them daily. His PR people would be telling stories to make him look good, so really not so unbelievable. Anyone who crossed him would be RPFed or declared SP.