Sea Org Food

Karakorum

Ron is the source that will lead you to grief

It is Hubbard's, it is power... but is it superpower?

La La Lou Lou

The food was good in Nordlands when I was there because EU kept winning the Birthday game when ED Int was running the show. Now he's just running laps. Some EU orgs were doing quite well. No ideal orgs in those days but Hamburg got to saint hill size if I remember rightly. Some orgs were two or three people, though not as many as the UK orgs. Good Birthday game wins resulted in feasts and video parties. The other conts would be having beans and rice I suppose. I often wonder what Guillaume was busted for.

PirateAndBum

Administrator
Staff member
The food was good in Nordlands when I was there because EU kept winning the Birthday game when ED Int was running the show. Now he's just running laps. Some EU orgs were doing quite well. No ideal orgs in those days but Hamburg got to saint hill size if I remember rightly. Some orgs were two or three people, though not as many as the UK orgs. Good Birthday game wins resulted in feasts and video parties. The other conts would be having beans and rice I suppose. I often wonder what Guillaume was busted for.
Looking cross-eyed at DM

Enthetan

Veteran of the Psychic Wars
Looking cross-eyed at DM
DM made a project out of eliminating any and all potential rivals that could challenge his rule over Scientology, or even be credibly seen as somebody who could run anything.

His wife Shelly, thinking she could get something done FOR him, got banished to some dark place, never to be seen again.

Little David could give some lessons to Machiavelli on ruthlessness.

Karakorum

DM made a project out of eliminating any and all potential rivals that could challenge his rule over Scientology.

His wife Shelly, thinking she could get something done FOR him, got banished to some dark place, never to be seen again.
I think I already mentioned it in my interview on the podcast: DM is like Stalin. the closer you are to Stalin, the more likely you will be purged.

Enthetan

Veteran of the Psychic Wars
I think I already mentioned it in my interview on the podcast: DM is like Stalin. the closer you are to Stalin, the more likely you will be purged.
Good analogy.

Lenin (like LRH) could be inspiring and charismatic. Stalin's talent was political maneuvering and inspiring terror, like DM.

He-man

Hero extraordinary
Actually food was quite good at Nordlands, in Copenhagen. Italian cooks know how to cook.
The spaghetti tho... Meh. I was much more keen for the breakfasts at Corona. Watered down coffee and powdered milk. Yum!

Karakorum

Good analogy.

Lenin (like LRH) could be inspiring and charismatic. Stalin's talent was political maneuvering and inspiring terror, like DM.
I have not thought about it that way, but the Lenin - LRH analogy makes sense.

This pattern is not unusual in high control groups. Starts from a charismatic "trend-starter", then after his death the power goes to the ruthless functionary who games the system.
Lenin to Stalin is one such example, another would be Joseph Smith to Brigham Young.

La La Lou Lou

The spaghetti tho... Meh. I was much more keen for the breakfasts at Corona. Watered down coffee and powdered milk. Yum!
I never had the pleasure of visiting Corona, not a popular name these days, for some reason! Wonder if they ever changed the name.

He-man

Hero extraordinary
I never had the pleasure of visiting Corona, not a popular name these days, for some reason! Wonder if they ever changed the name.
The rotten ruin perhaps?

I don't think Scientology inc owns the place anymore, looks too posh these days as if reno'd.

Bill

I remember having a doctor's note so I could buy and make my own meals. Can't remember why. I got the allowance and just had to turn in the correct amount of receipts at the end of the week.

I mostly forgot or lost my receipts. I remember picking up discarded receipts outside of the market at the end of the week to make up for the missing receipts.

onceuponatime

I have not thought about it that way, but the Lenin - LRH analogy makes sense.

This pattern is not unusual in high control groups. Starts from a charismatic "trend-starter", then after his death the power goes to the ruthless functionary who games the system.
Lenin to Stalin is one such example, another would be Joseph Smith to Brigham Young.
I do not envy at all whoever comes after DM. If the cult even still exists in any meaningful sense by the time he's gone.

Bill

I do not envy at all whoever comes after DM. If the cult even still exists in any meaningful sense by the time he's gone.
Anyone who had any leadership qualities, intelligence and abilities has long since been removed and destroyed by Miscavige. Anyone following him as "leader" would be more stupid and more incompetent.

La La Lou Lou

Anyone who had any leadership qualities, intelligence and abilities has long since been removed and destroyed by Miscavige. Anyone following him as "leader" would be more stupid and more incompetent.
Judging by what happened when Wrong Hubbard went off to target two there would be a a few contrary SOEDs written and then it would be announced that someone you never heard of from Nation of Islam would take over, and send it all in a completely new direction. This would be followed by a mass exodus of biblical proportions and Thomas Cruise would be in the hole with the rest of the remaining execs from the DM cherch.

SO reserves and the sale of the Idle Orgs would result in a huge spending spree by the NOI elite.

Karakorum

Chuck J.

"Austere Religious Scholar"
Judging by what happened when Wrong Hubbard went off to target two there would be a a few contrary SOEDs written and then it would be announced that someone you never heard of from Nation of Islam would take over, and send it all in a completely new direction. This would be followed by a mass exodus of biblical proportions and Thomas Cruise would be in the hole with the rest of the remaining execs from the DM cherch.

SO reserves and the sale of the Idle Orgs would result in a huge spending spree by the NOI elite.
Wow! Interesting scenario. I can see it possibly happening. The Commodore, C.O.B. and then......?

Minister X.