Scn has bad & good to be a trap.

Bill

This is an intolerable thought for many people.

Ex Scientologists now,
the Incredible String Band were Scientologists
when they sang this song.
Why do you keep bringing this up again and again and again and again?

Is there something about all the previous times you said this that wasn't complete? What's going on?

Are you waiting for some other response than all the previous times you've brought this up?

ILove2Lurk

AI Chatbot
I can only suspect he thinks that there's a large audience out there clamoring for
information and help. I don't think there is anymore. That ship sailed a while back.

Everyone who's gonna leave left. The others are gonna die true believers.

Heart is in the right place . . . but fighting windmills maybe? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

HelluvaHoax!

Why do you keep bringing this up again and again and again and again?
I wondered the same thing, so I ran a remote telepathic auditing session on Veda to see what's up:

L&N
Why do you keep bringing this up?

I find it interesting.
tic

I'm helping people escape from Scientology.
small fall

The fact that nobody nobody is responding any more to
my innumerable threads about "the good parts" of Scientology
is simply a com lag. And thus, I am waiting for three equal
com lags so I can end off on this process.
Fall

Something to do with the movie Groundhog Day.
Long Fall

Because a person who focuses on the "bad parts" of Scientology
can get a stuck flow which makes them want to stay in the cult.
However, if that person focuses on the "good parts" of Scientology
it makes them want to blow the cult. It's a tech oddity for low
level beings, much like the African Bantu whose e-meter reads

fall to the left instead of the right and a soaring TA is the
same as a dial wide floating needle!
Leftward Rocket Read

Because when I indefatigably talk about the "good parts of Scientology",
people on this message board consistently manifest a "soaring TA",
Thereupon, I ignore their bogus claims that it is due to "protest" or
"overrun". And I interpret that soaring TA as a very good
indicator, indeed. A veritable VBI (Very Bantu Indicator)!

Long Fall Blow Down - F/N

Last edited:

Bill

It took about five seconds to post it.
So ... why? What is missing in your life that causes you to keep posting the same thing over and over? Is there something you hope to accomplish that isn't happening?

Dotey OT

Re-Membered
I have not been responding to these threads for a reason, and now I think that I will.

The thread title makes sense, but the dig at "many people" shows a bitterness in regards to what is happening here.

Trying to effectively communicate with those that are in but wavering is a mutual desire, at least for me. I try to pump life into issues that I found helpful, being recently out.

Very recently compared to most here.

I was not trying to find validity in what I had done in scn. I was trying to find the truth. I was not hung up in what worked and what didn't. I wanted to know why I was being lied to for so long, and I knew there were lies.

Maybe there are fence sitters that are looking and grasping onto the tech works but corp scn sucks.

But this all does have a tantrum or something written all over it.

And in the flavor of posts on this thread, I will leave you with one that I heard from The Scientists. Rock out mofo's! Gotta compete with the Inedible Stink Band.

ILove2Lurk

AI Chatbot
I was not trying to find validity in what I had done in scn. I was trying to find the truth. I was not hung up in what worked and what didn't. I wanted to know why I was being lied to for so long, and I knew there were lies.
My two cents. :coolwink:

In 2007, when this message board went online, there wasn't as much recent information out
in the public domain about current goings on. This board and Clambake were unique and THE places
to go to find out what had just happened in our lives. To validate the wins we did have or uncover
the lies we suspected had been foisted on us.

Fast forward to 2021 -- 14 years later -- and ESMB2 is probably 20th or 30th on the list of things
fence-sitters will come in to contact with to unravel their experiences while inside. There is so much
out there now: major documentaries, YouTube channels, podcasts, books, media articles, blogs,
Marty-gate, Leah and Rinder, the "Sarge reveals," ad infinitum.

I began a whole thread touching on this. I could say much more, but we don't need to re-till the same soil.

We've lost our standing, our magical mojo. So be it. Nothing to fret about or fight about. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This place has morphed into a corner bar where a few meet up every night to retell each other stories from
the long gone days . . . taking Omaha Beach, bombing flights over Germany at night, V-J Day, etc.

Well, not that old, but you catch my drift. :LOL:

ILove2Lurk

AI Chatbot
Oh, yeah, and this joint -- both version 1 & 2 -- was astoundingly good and played
a big part in my "onion peeling" back in the day. Couldn't wait for new posts to come
out. My apologies for overlooking it in my previous post. It was a one-man effort
-- justbill -- with commenters asking questions. Still awesome today for newbies.

:hattip:

Bill

It took about five seconds to post it.
Look, I understand what you're going through. I went through it myself.

It is very hard for a True Believer to work through to reality. "Was it all a scam?" "Was all my time and loyalty completely wasted?" "Was I so completely stupid?"

Right off the bat, one almost must deny reality. "Scientology is good and only recently was corrupted!!" " Scientology is good ... mostly." "I only really ever believed only the good parts, really." "Don't you agree with me on this?" "Right?" "Right?"

But reality keeps being reality. No significant or different results have ever come from Scientology. It wasn't "corruption" that caused that lack of results: True Believers have been trying to make Scientology "tech" work since 1952, inside and outside of the church. True Believers have carefully hand-picked only the "good" parts for 70 years -- with the same lack of significant results. They've picked "only the early stuff". Nothing. "Only the real Hubbard stuff!" Nothing. "My new improved version of the tech." Nothing.

Reality is reality. No amount of wishing, justification and excuses can change what is.

I know it is hard to accept reality and, I guess, you actually don't ever have to. But, eventually, life is easier when you accept it.

Bill

Oh, yeah, and this joint -- both version 1 & 2 -- was astoundingly good and played
a big part in my "onion peeling" back in the day. Couldn't wait for new posts to come
out. My apologies for overlooking it in my previous post. It was a one-man effort
-- justbill -- with commenters asking questions. Still awesome today for newbies.

:hattip:
Thanks for the shout-out. I had a whole lot of fun with Ask the Scientologist (1&2). My original motivation, back at the beginning, was to correct the huge amount of bad information about Scientology that was out there at the time.

(I got such a kick out of "Ask THE Scientologist" -- when I really wasn't).

It was also therapeutic for me -- my own "peeling the onion" quest. In the blogs, I promised I would always tell the truth as best I knew and that forced me to be honest with myself as well.

My brother, Jeff Hawkins, gave me key insight into the workings at the very top of the church, which was invaluable.

Thanks again!

onceuponatime

Scientology is all a scam, and like any scam it has parts designed to trap/hook people. That doesn't mean that those things are good, they're all part of the scam.

As hard as it can be to face, LRH really only cared about fame, power and money. Ultimately that's all Scientology exists for, there's no good part, it's just how do we get the most fame, power and money for LRH.

Look at the whole production of burying titanium tablets in the desert. Pay staff/SO some resemblance of a living wage (or even minimum wage), no way. Spend literal millions and millions of dollars on this useless endeavor of burying titanium tablets, yes. Total insanity. But when you look at Scientology as only existing for the benefit of LRH all of a sudden it does make sense.

Type4_PTS

Thanks for the shout-out. I had a whole lot of fun with Ask the Scientologist (1&2). My original motivation, back at the beginning, was to correct the huge amount of bad information about Scientology that was out there at the time.

(I got such a kick out of "Ask THE Scientologist" -- when I really wasn't).

It was also therapeutic for me -- my own "peeling the onion" quest. In the blogs, I promised I would always tell the truth as best I knew and that forced me to be honest with myself as well.

My brother, Jeff Hawkins, gave me key insight into the workings at the very top of the church, which was invaluable.

Thanks again!

Was your brother the Jeff Hawkins that worked in Central Marketing?

Veda

Fast forward to 2021 -- 14 years later -- and ESMB2 is probably 20th or 30th on the list of things
fence-sitters will come in to contact with to unravel their experiences while inside. There is so much
out there now: major documentaries, YouTube channels, podcasts, books, media articles, blogs,
Marty-gate, Leah and Rinder, the "Sarge reveals," ad infinitum.

There's a large amount of information on the archived ESMB, and ESMB2 is a living link to that. Most of the items on the list you provided are not in a message board format. Message Boards allow for conversations, although some people simply lurk quietly. Some don't want to join Facebook, etc.

It's not a contest with other sites. :innocent: It is what it is.

Look, I understand what you're going through. I went through it myself.

:wave: You're not talking about me. I'm not "going through" anything.

Type4_PTS

Reading his Counterfeit Dreams blog back in 2009 is when I decided to begin posting online. Initially, one of my primary purposes was to hopefully reconnect with some friends that were in during the same time I was. I didn't do great in that regard but did make many new ones.

Did one of you get the other in?

Bill

Reading his Counterfeit Dreams blog back in 2009 is when I decided to begin posting online. Initially, one of my primary purposes was to hopefully reconnect with some friends that were in during the same time I was. I didn't do great in that regard but did make many new ones.

Did one of you get the other in?
Jeff had a great blog -- and book!

Actually, we both got introduced into Scientology about the same time but in completely different locations. Interesting coincidence.