Scientology Recovery

Riddick

I clap to no man
Molly McMullen tells her story

First video:

Kind of funny, she got involved in 1998, me in 1987 thanks to the Dianetics ads on TV saying Dianetics was a science of the mind, whereas she was religious. Only 10 years difference.

I was not religious in 1987 nor a seeker of religion, what appealed to me was the science. She was appealed to the religion because she was a seeker of religion.

That fucker Hubbard managed to appeal to science, logic, philosophy and religion to persuade. He covered all the bases.

Scientology is a applied religious philosophy. Scientology is science study of.

That fucker duped us. No doubt about it.

Last edited:

Harold#1

A VERY STABLE SUPER GENIUS!!
Kind of funny, she got involved in 1998, me in 1987 thanks to the Dianetics ads on TV saying Dianetics was a science of the mind, whereas she was religious. Only 10 years difference.

I was not religious in 1987 nor a seeker of religion, what appealed to me was the science. She was appealed to the religion because she was a seeker of religion.

That fucker Hubbard managed to appeal to science, logic, philosophy and religion to persuade. He covered all the bases.

"The lure of the pseudoscientific vocabulary and promises of dianetics cannot but condemn thousands who are beginning to emerge from scientific illiteracy to a continuation of their susceptibility to word-magic and semantic hash."

S.I. HAYAKAWA 1951

Karakorum

Ron is the source that will lead you to grief

As an 80s kid, to me Scientology was always a "spiritual practice" aka religion. The science part was being toned down in the 90s, I think partially because of the "practicing psychotherapy without a license" threats.

Riddick

I clap to no man
As an 80s kid, to me Scientology was always a "spiritual practice" aka religion. The science part was being toned down in the 90s, I think partially because of the "practicing psychotherapy without a license" threats.
there you go.

I'm a 1960's kid who got involved in 1987. All those scales and words of wisdom were supposed to be logical and/or scientific.

Zertel

"Get high without drugs" got some baby boomer hippy types in the door in the 1970s. Getting a floating needle was probably some kind of endorphin release so maybe it wasn't a total lie.

Last edited:

Riddick

I clap to no man
"Get high without drugs" got some baby boomer hippy types in the door in the 1970s. Getting a floating needle was probably some kind of endorphin release so maybe it wasn't a total lie.
yep, I used to promote that to my friends to try to get them involved. I said getting auditing was like getting high but no drugs. I said once you have a cognition about something, you feel on top of the world. You have that "oh ha" moment, and it seems so clear, like I get it.

Never could get my friends involved thru word of mouth, thank god.

Karakorum

there you go.

I'm a 1960's kid who got involved in 1987. All those scales and words of wisdom were supposed to be logical and/or scientific.
Yep, things did in fact change and not just during the transition from the Hubbardian era to the Davidic era.

Enthetan

Veteran of the Psychic Wars
That's exactly what it was.
We were Scientology junkies.

Zertel

Yep, things did in fact change and not just during the transition from the Hubbardian era to the Davidic era.
Scientology "eras" - hmm. Scientology has gone through several changes, evolutions, phases in its brief seventy year history. Maybe someone will write a History of Scientology book, maybe not.

The book could be made into a screenplay with a docuseries like they did with the Rajneesh Movement. Hubbard at sea with his own goddam navy is just as interesting as Rajneesh with his 92 Rolls Royce cars.

Last edited:

Karakorum

Scientology "eras" - hmm. Scientology has gone through several changes, evolutions, phases in its brief seventy year history. Maybe someone will write a History of Scientology book, maybe not.
My own terms entirely. As far as I know nobody else uses it, but I find them to be useful terms. We might as well call them the megalomanic era and the extortionist era. Or the narcissistic phase and antisocial phase.

Riddick

I clap to no man
That's exactly what it was.
We were Scientology junkies.
you could probably say that about any religion (or so called religion).

Jesus loves you.

Jesus will save your life.

Hubbard is mankind's best friend.

Hubbards scientology bridge to total freedom will save you.

Riddick

I clap to no man

The book could be made into a screenplay with a docuseries like they did with the Rajneesh Movement. Hubbard at sea with his own goddam navy is just as interesting as Rajneesh with his 92 Rolls Royce cars.
actually somebody has written a history of dianetics, it can be found here:

That last video is interesting, the kid said it appears to be all logic, this is 1981.

So as a 80's kid, was anybody aware this was happening? I wasn't aware of all this back in 1987. Shoot, I am a 1960's kid.

Last edited: